Today is my birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is my birthday

Today will be 10 days! It's been rough, but I've made it! AND, today is my birthday. Of course, at a family party last night, guess what everyone gave me? Bottles of my favorite Chardonnay. Hubby just came home w an expensive bottle of my favorite champagne. Obviously there is no family support here. Drove (drunk) hubby and (sober) young children home from the party last night, i was complexly sober! Not one glass or sip of wine- everyone else was smashed when we left. Tequila shots were flowing, keg was almost emptied, & lots of singing and cursing. He was too drunk to even make it to bed & passed out on the sofa. Me, none of it. Made me sad that when people thought what to get me, they all brought wine. Hubby is mad at me that I don't want to drink champagne w him. Trying to stay distracted and do homework with kiddies- but w a cold bottle of champagne in the fridge and lots of wine around for a celebratory day, this will be tough- AND it's only 11 am! I'm in for a looonngggg day. Any tips on how to get through it? Never done this before!

Today is my birthday

Hi Kingston and Welcome Wecome :welcome::welcome:

You are in hugely good company here so fear not. :l
    10 days is huge. Be very proud of yourself. You are on your way.
    I don't know the back story of course nut I assume everyone who gave you wine knows you drink and but they don't know you have stopped drinking.
    They will all catch on eventually. In the mean time please hang out here. Pop over to the Newbie Nest which is ful of people at all stages of getting AL out of their lives. Also the tool box helps us make plans for getting stopped and staying stopped. Should be some useful bits there to help you through today.

The links are in my signature.

What always helps me in a pinch is eating and hunkering down with my iPad and Netflix.
    Can you think about regifting the wine and champagne? If not....get rid of it. That grounds hard but it will definitely send your husband on the couch a big message that you are VERY serious about ridding your life of this destruction...
    Whatever you choose, we are all here for you.
    :l:h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Today is my birthday

PS: Happy Birthday! :sendinglove:
      And well done for maneuvering through the party with good grace and determination.
      You are on your way!
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Today is my birthday

Happy birthday! Congratulations on 10 days. That is fantastic.

It sounds like you are doing a good job of keeping busy. Can you go out and do something for yourself today? Manicure/pedicure, movie, park with the kids, window shopping. Just get out and enjoy your day!!

Happy to meet you. You are doing great!!
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Today is my birthday

Happy Birthday and great job on sticking to your AF goals.
          Great advice already...get that AL out of your space ASAP. Remind hubs who slept on the couch last night because he was too drunk to get to the bed. Don't fall for the guilt trip...he wants a drinking buddy. He'll get over it. You won't. Stay the course and you'll never be sorry! I'm very proud of you, this is the best birthday gift you can give yourself! The gift of LIFE! Hugs dear lady! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Today is my birthday

Welcome and happy birthday

Comment

Today is my birthday

Thanks for the ideas. Just to add to the stress it is one of those picture perfect days here in Los Angeles that post cards are made of. It doesnt get any more sterotypically beautiful here than it really is. Got the kiddies homework done, on load 3 of weekend laundry, and trying to now finish off a book. Usually days like today are spent sipping that Chardonnay, because what else is there to do than sip, while i watch the kids surf, and enjoy the beach. Today I'm distracting. Kids are off to surf in a few & I'm brining my book & a big jug of iced tea- not the jug filled w Chardonnay like it usually is. PS- hubby has had a 'relaxing' day in bed all day, watching football, nursing his hangover. Not me today!! Feeling proud!

Comment

Today is my birthday

Kingston;1562498 wrote: Thanks for the ideas. Just to add to the stress it is one of those picture perfect days here in Los Angeles that post cards are made of. It doesnt get any more sterotypically beautiful here than it really is. Got the kiddies homework done, on load 3 of weekend laundry, and trying to now finish off a book. Usually days like today are spent sipping that Chardonnay, because what else is there to do than sip, while i watch the kids surf, and enjoy the beach. Today I'm distracting. Kids are off to surf in a few & I'm brining my book & a big jug of iced tea- not the jug filled w Chardonnay like it usually is. PS- hubby has had a 'relaxing' day in bed all day, watching football, nursing his hangover. Not me today!! Feeling proud!
                :grouptrophy::cheering::bday3::bday7:

How wonderful for you!!!! You are having a wonderful birthday that you will actually remember!!!! So very happy for you!!

(Plus - ice tea on a warm day is yummy)
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Today is my birthday

PS - I'm in the Los Angeles area too. Beautiful day today isn't it???
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Today is my birthday

Happy birthday, Kingston. Hope you enjoyed your day. And a big welcome!! I look forward to getting to know you better. xx
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Today is my birthday

Thank you ALL for your kind words and encouragement! 'Did' this program once before, lasted 90 days, and then threw in the towel on a trip to Napa. Never was brave enough to post before though. This time just feels different. I think that connection and support was missing. Keep thinking how ByrdLady said he wants a drinking buddy. Very true- that seems to makes it ok somehow, doesn't it? The kids and I just got back from the Cheesecake Factory and ordered 4 different types! If you've ever been there, you know that's a disgustingly, yummy treat! We couldn't even finish our pieces, but we are so full, the thought of that champagne literally makes me sick! I'm glad. Hubby will be really mad, but I really don't care. Finally, yes NoraC! It is amazing here today! Usually I spend the weekend inside- sipping- today I'm all outside! Just need to get through the witching/dinner hour and I'm one more day free! Enjoying and glad I will remember it all tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                      X