Recovery/Mindfulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery/Mindfulness

Just wanted to share this passage I read recently. I hope it maybe resonates with others as much as it has with me:

"A flower is ALWAYS perfect. It is perfect at being wherever it is and at whatever stage of growth it is in at that moment. It is perfect at being a seed, when it is placed into the ground. At that moment in time, it is exactly what it is supposed to be: a seed. Just because it does not have brightly colored blooms doesn't mean it is not a good flower seed. When it first sprouts through the ground, it is not imperfect because it displays only the color green. At each stage of growth, from seed to full bloom and beyond, it is perfect at being a flower at that particular stage of a flowers life. A flower must start as a seed and it will not budge one millimeter toward its potential grandeur of full bloom without the nourishment of water, soil, and also TIME. It takes time for all of these elements to wok together to produce the flower.... When you develop a present-minded approach to every activity you are involved in and, like the flower, realize that at whatever level you are performing, you are perfect at that point in time , you experience a tremendous relief from the fictitious, self imposed pressures and expectations that only slow your progress."

Recovery/Mindfulness

Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing. That really made sense to me. It really is making me think.......
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Thx, Nora. Happy about that.

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Very nice, thanks for sharing
        AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Spot on. Thanks Tom.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

I like that . I was talking today to a dear friend who has had such an awful few years, and she was saying that she has given up trying to be magnificent and an overachiever and feeling bad about herself for not measuring up to everyone else's lives ... and she's just being who she is. And I thought. 'Wow. What a massive relief it would be just to drop all the striving and angsting etc , and just wake up
            tomorrow content to be who I am, right at this moment.

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Love this, thanks. I can sort of see life that way, we grow, we flower, it takes time and nurturing.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Thought Provoking

Who wrote this? It is lovely.
                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Hey, DD. It's from a book I am reading (and highlighting the hell out of) called "The Practicing Mind" by Thomas Sterner.

Darkest Diamond;1579469 wrote: Who wrote this? It is lovely.

Comment

Recovery/Mindfulness

Beautiful Tom. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                    X