X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw Vegan Mushroom Soup

Raw Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup | The Healthy Family and Home

Raw Vegan Mushroom Soup

ive heard that one should always cook mushrooms, as raw ones have a liver toxin that cooking kills...some foods weren't meant to ne eaten raw! I eat a lot of raw foods and recipes, but mushrooms aren't one of them.
    10-06-2012

Comment

Raw Vegan Mushroom Soup

bettygirl;1605325 wrote: ive heard that one should always cook mushrooms, as raw ones have a liver toxin that cooking kills...some foods weren't meant to ne eaten raw! I eat a lot of raw foods and recipes, but mushrooms aren't one of them.
      Meh, if you live in an urban area, just going outside and breathing the polluted air is probably more dangerous than eating raw mushrooms. Raw mushrooms have been a staple ingredient of my salads for years.

I added an additional clove of garlic and I enjoyed the garlicky flavor of this soup, but it still lacks some "pizzaz." I look forward to continuing to experiment with this recipe. It just had too much of a watery texture. I did have an underripe avocado, which I'm sure didn't help, but in keeping with the vegan nature of the original, think I might experiment with using unflavored soy/rice/almond milk as a base to give it a bit of a creamier texture. And heck, if that doesn't work, maybe even half and half since I'm vegetarian, not vegan.
      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Raw Vegan Mushroom Soup

Awesome! Creamy mushroom soup is one of my favorite foods.
        If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
        product app

Comment

Working...
        X