Friday 8th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 8th Nov

mae all ..and how are we today? well here it is ...the weekend ...one less till Christmas I hear you say....Ho fkn Ho!! Just jumped in ..no thread start ..so here we go tho ,I reckon by the time its finished someone else will have started .

Right t n cawfee it is

Morning Sam ...how are you? seen the avatar change..take that is you?bit clever at this computer lark aint you :H any plans for the weekend or doin the do?

Morning Lav ...how are you this fine day?Lights on for the chickens ...whats up they trying to read or summat??Whats today got in store for you?anything lined up...apart from this coffee? have a good one

Hiya Pauly ..well glad you are back with us ..yep its a learning process...any single one of us could be in that position.53 is just baby numbers to this time ..you watch!

Hi yah ,nice to see you again ...hope all is well with you n the family drama..your own built in soap series!!!

Hiya ppqp ...you ok? whats the book?anything excitin?have a cawfee to go with it.

Hiya Sunshine ...you ok ..now that mucking out the horses is done ?Snow ...arrggh ..it had a wee try the other night here ,but it was only that sleety stuff ...you know the wet snow!!!
    Congrats on your 2 weeks :goodjob::wd::wave::banana:

Hiya SF ...how are you?back is still really sore but at least I can move now ...feels like someone has kicked lumps out of the bottom of my spine..no disco dancing for me.Have you any plans for the weekend ...movie on Sunday morning prhaps????have a good weekend.

right peeps have a great day one n all ......to those that are missing ....big hi and take care.

Lawyer: ?Now that you have been acquitted, will you tell me truly? Did you steal the car?? Client: ?After hearing your amazing argument in court this morning, I?m beginning to think I didn?t.?

John was sitting outside his local pub one day, enjoying a quiet pint and generally feeling good about himself, when a nun suddenly appears at his table and starts decrying the evils of drink. "You should be ashamed of yourself young man! Drinking is a Sin! Alcohol is the blood of the devil!" Now John gets pretty annoyed about this, and goes on the offensive. "How do you know this, Sister?" "My Mother Superior told me so." "But have you ever had a drink yourself? How can you be sure that what you are saying is right?" "Don't be ridiculous--of course I have never taken alcohol myself" "Then let me buy you a drink - if you still believe afterwards that it is evil I will give up drink for life" "How could I, a Nun, sit outside this public house drinking?!" "I'll get the barman to put it in a teacup for you, then no one will ever know." The Nun reluctantly agrees, so John goes inside to the bar. "Another pint for me, and a triple vodka on the rocks", then he lowers his voice and says to the barman "and could you put the vodka in a teacup?" "Oh no! It's not that Nun again is it?"

An old lady was very upset as her husband Albert had just passed away. She went to the undertakers to have one last look at her dearly departed husband. The instant she saw him she started crying. The mortician walked over to comfort her. Through her tears she explained that she was upset because her dearest Albert was wearing a black suit, and it was his fervent wish to be buried in a blue suit. The mortician apologized and explained that traditionally they always put bodies in a black suit, but he?d see what he could arrange. The next day she returned to the funeral parlor to have one last moment with Albert before the funeral the following day. When the mortician pulled back the curtain, she managed a smile through her tears as Albert was resplendent in a smart blue suit. She said to the mortician, ?Wonderful, wonderful, but where did you get that beautiful suit?? ?Well, yesterday afternoon after you left, a man about your husband?s size was brought in and he was wearing a blue suit,? the mortician replied. ?His wife was quite upset because she wanted him buried in the traditional black suit.? Albert?s wife smiled at the undertaker. ?After that,? he continued, ?it was just a matter of swapping the heads.?

A pick pocket was up in court for a series of petty crimes. The judge said "Mr. Banks you are hereby fined $100." The lawyer stood up and said "Thanks, my lord, however my client only has $75 on him at this time, but if you'd allow him a few minutes in the crowd. . ."

Men are like.....Bank Machines. Once they withdraw they lose interest.

This bartender is in a bar, when this really hot chick walks up and says in a sexy seductive voice, "May I please speak to your manager?" He says, "Not right now, is there anything I can help you with?" She replies, "I don't know if your the man to talk to...its kind of personal..." Thinking he might get lucky, he goes, "I'm pretty sure I can handle your problem, miss." She then looks at him with a smile, and puts two of her fingers in his mouth...and he begins sucking them, thinking "I'm in!!!" She goes, "Can you give the manager something for me?" The bartender nods...yes. "Tell him there's no toilet paper in the ladies restroom."

Jacob: Why was the teacher wearing sunglasses to school?
    Leonard: Why? Jacob: She had bright students!

Teacher: Where are the Great Plains located?
    Tommy: At the great airports!

Peter: What?s the difference between a teacher and a train?
    Ted: What?
    Peter: A teacher says, ?Spit out that gum!? and a train says, ?Chew! Chew!?

What do you want to be when you grow up?" "A doctor?" "And why's that?" "Because it's the only profession where you can tell women to take off their clothes and then stick their husbands with the bill."

A guy sits down at the bar and orders drink after drink rapidly. ?Is everything okay, pal??, the bartender asks. ?My wife and I got into a fight and she said she isn?t talking to me for a month!?. Trying to put a positive spin on things, the bartender says, ?Well, maybe that?s kind of a good thing. You know, a little peace and quiet?? ?Yeah. But today is the last day?.

A tourist asks a man in uniform, "Are you a policeman?" "No, I am an undercover detective." "So why are you in uniform?" "Today is my day off."

An old man on crowded bus has trouble finding a seat. The bus careened down the avenue, shaking the passengers from left to right, and the old man, unable to support himself properly with his cane, fell to the floor. Little Johnny, sitting nearby, looked down at him and said, "If you put a little rubber cap on the end of your cane, you wouldn't fall like that. The old man looked up and replied, "If your daddy had done the same, I would have a place to sit on this stupid bus."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Friday 8th Nov

Hey Mick
    thanks for the java. Yeah, changed the ol avatar celebrating my 6 months thingy... had coffee and chocolate last night, how things have changed (for the better). Would have been beer instead! Yet I know time is really is so easily negated when you start to think you can have just one.

Looks like a gorgeous weekend, I'm playing at a buddy's pottery shop, he plays squeeze box so I'll be playing a little guitar. He has an open house to sell stuff.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

Wow, Sam, 180 days, and almost a senior member (1000 posts) too! You are rolling along, my friend!

I hope your back feels better soon, Mick. Take care of yourself. Oh, and Lav probably gives the chickens extra light to help them think it's summer. They aren't ready to start laying yet, but they will lay better in the winter if they have supplemental light. Lav will correct me if I am wrong about this.

Yes, my own personal soap opera.....lucky me. Things are moving along in my personal/professional life, so that is a good thing. Anyway, off to get ready for work now.

Greetings to all to come!

:l
      YahYah
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. The book is a mystery, I like to escape into them. Stayed up way to late reading so just popping in before heading out.

Sam...Big CONGRATS on 6 MONTHS!
        I'm glad Mick points these things out (avatar) had to go back and look. We sponsor an "Open Stage Night" at the community centre. Residents show up to just jam together. It's become a very popular event and it's on tonight.

Saw this yesterday and thought of Mick...

Have a great AF Friday all and all to come.....PPQP

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

Good morning Abbers!

Thanks for the coffee Mick
          I was up early & fed & watered everyone & have been to Curves. Just doing a bit of work in my shop then taking off for a trip to the outlets in Lancaster with my daughter & granddaughter this afternoon. The little one woke up at 3:30 am wanting to know 'Where's the party' :H :H

Greetings Sam (handsaome devil), YahYah, PQ & everyone!
          I'll be back later - have a great AF Friday one & all.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

hey everyone - not a christmas fan then Mick?I love all of it - not pressure to buy tonnes of crap no one wants,so I don't do that - but food, colour, lights,sparkles,love each other, santa - all of it!I have at least ten days off and possibly 13 so feel very lucky this year.My new company close inbetween christmas and new year which is awesome.

I have now officially finished work and got everything finished that I needed to - yay!Tonnes to do and deal with when I am back and that's fine as that is 16 days away

I am very thankful for my holiday,we leave Monday eve - today have had first cbt session - good was more about clarifying and agreeing my plan.I will have online CBT materials to work through, and a fortnightly phone call and maybe one to one face to face sessions to deal with my persistent low self esteem issues. Treated myself to a five guys burger,chips and grape 7up free and cherry/vanilla 7up free.

Off to see friend tonight who often pressures me to drink, driving and taking my diet cream soda - she can go f**k herself if she starts that tonight - not in the mood.Not in mood to go over tbh as I'm missing rollerderby championships this evening and London Rollergirls are in for first time ever!! Day 52 for me today and not giving that up!!

Feeling happy but tired - lost today's original post - said hi to everyone so - hello everyone - Samstone well done on 6 months and Sunshine on 2 weeks,I hope that's right - done from memory...

Happy Friday everyone xx
            one day at a time

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

Mae everybody,funny jokes mick,and ppqs pic was cute,i like the avatar sam its cool to see what people on here look like(i like your beard)got nothing really planned today paid my daughter to clean my house yesterday she does a much better job than me,laundrys caught up think ill just hang maybe hit up 5 guys like bear,doesnt that place rule?hello to lav,yah,tt,anyone else who stops in have a good friday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

Hey Pauly - I LOVE fiveguys - their soda machine is my favourite - fake grape flavour diet sprite - wow! If they served that in bars/sold it in shops my life would be complete.
                Soft drinks in pubs are getting better (and more expensive!) - still need a wider range of diet drinks than just diet coke though they're all very sugary.
                one day at a time

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

Real quick hello to everyone!

No white stuff today (thank dawg), even a bit of sun... work wise worse day than yesterday, I may just put it away for a day and come in fresh - ack!

AA meeting tonight - nothing exciting planned for the weekend, here.

Bear.. good luck tonight. Hope you'll get to enjoy yourself and not have to fight with your friend about NOT drinking (you woulda thunk, huh?)

Pauly.. does your daughter travel? :H

PQ.. I was looking for the 'Like' button when I read your comment about gratitude yesterday! Didn't find it - wrong window :H

Mick, how's your back?

Yah.. I'll wager your correct about Lav's literate chickens They can lay throughout the winter, if they have enough light and temperatures aren't too, too frigid.

K.. gotta get going here.. be well, everyone and Happy Weekend!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Friday 8th Nov

SAM ....ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY........WELL DONE MATE :goodjob::wd::happy::wave::banana::wave:

ppqp......ace pic ...so true as well!!!sometimes cant see the wood for the trees
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                    X