The Signature of All Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This book is by Elizabeth Gilbert who wrote Eat, Pray, Love. It starts out slow until the teenager boy becomes a man and a botanical explorer. Well, it is still slow @ that point but he marries and has a girl named Alma. This is where it gets super good. They settle in Philadelphia. Really a damn good read! It is an especially attractive book for those into botany, but it you are not, don't let that put you off.

This is the worst review ever written but it is a good book!

Lucky, did you like Eat, Pray, Love? I have mixed emotions about it. I really enjoyed some of it, but felt she was a bit...hmmm...narcissistic at times. I loved the chapters about her time in Italy. Made me want to pick up and move there. I did have a problem with the fact that she found "enlightenment" in such a short span of time. Seemed insincere somehow. Oh well, I think I'll give this one a try, because I do love botany. Thanks.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Moss,

The books are written so differently, you will not even know it is the same author.

Remember, it starts slow in Part 1. Part 2 is good. Part 3 is fantastic so far. And I am not even 1/2 into the book. I went to bed thinking about Alma, a key figure.

Let me know what you think. I read mainly e-books but am glad to have this one in hardback.

EDIT: Alma gets obsessed with studying of all things, moss!!! You must read it for this reason alone.

Comment

Lucky - when I go to bed thinking about a character, I know I'm into a good read. Now I'm intrigued. It's on my "must read" list.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
        X