This I know ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This I know ...

I know that over time I have come to know myself. I know that in order to reach my full destiny I must first master myself. Self-discipline is the only obstacle separating me from my heart's desire.

What is my heart's desire:

To embrace life, my family and friends with open arms and to teach them about non-judgement, acceptance, kindness and conscious living by way of example.

To convince my husband through patience and respect to relocate with me from the French world I agreed to live in for the past eleven years back to my roots in English Canada where I can see my children and 3 plus grandchildren on a regular basis and interact with others who speak my language.

To lead those I come in contact with towards peaceful solutions to conflict, respect for all including ourselves and forgiveness as I grow older and wiser.

To create a haven where my family and friends feel welcome, close by and accepted at any time.

In order to achieve these life-fulfilling goals I need:

To abstain from alcohol use totally. To be sober and alert each evening of my life.

To practice daily, habitual meditation and physical exercise for the benefit of my body and soul.

To practice disciplined behaviour on a daily basis until it becomes second nature to me.

To help others on this forum as others have continuously helped me.

To invite the relocation to English Canada as a focus of my meditation and to find ways to make the move appealing to my husband as it is a foreign idea to my French (though bilingual) hubby.

I've managed through the ass-kicking, tongue lashing, love, support and encouragement of the people on this forum to cut my drinking down to almost never. Rather than continue to sabotage myself (in order to prove to myself that I am a loser ) by drinking one glass of wine here and there I will finally stop indefinitely and will journal here every few days.

I believe that I can do this. I believe I am ready. My aspirations are difficult to achieve but I will achieve them. The first step towards my goals is Self-Mastery ... controlling my impulses.

Day One Today.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

This I know ...

SS, as always, it's so nice to read your inspiring posts. I was thinking about you recently and wondered how you were doing. I see that you are dealing with some challenges, but as always, you are choosing to work through them in a calm, loving and spiritual manner. I am confident you will achieve your heart's desire.

"I know that in order to reach my full destiny I must first master myself." I will remember this. Take care.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

This I know ...

MossRose, we are kindred spirits you know. I am so adamant about my goal this time and if I ever announce my move to Ontario it will be a miracle as hubby is a Quebecer through and through. Moment by moment that's the way to get from point A to point B. Hope you are doing well. Xxx. How are your morning rituals coming? I spend an hour in my little cabin by the river meditating and rebounding each morning as part of my attempt at self mastery. Love it ...
      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      Lao-Tzu

Comment

This I know ...

If I can be of any help to you, I am here.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

This I know ...

Just saw your post Sober - been so preoccupied lately that i feel I'm about as self absorbed as an antacid....

You really are my inspiration and clarity. You have the gift to make those lists of clear defined goals which articulate what we have to do in order to get to where we want to be...

Self Mastery- this is a primary Buddhist principle and even after all these years...it is so elusive. I am hoping that with the Addiition of the work we will be doing with Mathiue's program I can really sink my teeth in to the Arbinger Philosophy...

Anyway, I love you,, Ms. Sober and am so glad you are on this journey with us...and if anyone can convince hubby to come back to Pays Anglaise....it's you, sweetie!
          :h
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

This I know ...

Hi SS. I am thinking of you and sending lots of love your way. I am always so glad to hear that you are spending time in your cabin. It sounds like heaven. Things are going very well here. I just had four blissful days, mostly spent with family and friends. No work, no stress. I was just able to "be" for a while. I managed to stay sober too, so started back to my work week today with a clear head and a happy heart. Life is good.

Hi LB and Kradle. Always wonderful to see you. Kradle, hope things are going okay in your world. I know you are dealing with a huge challenge too. Maybe we can catch up on Skype soon?

SoberSoul, check in soon. I always enjoy reading your posts.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

This I know ...

Hi Sobersoul,
              I never look in this section of the boards and I'm glad I did. You sound wonderful, grounded, and ready for the discipline and rituals our bodies and minds crave. I was just thinking about how my body and mind hate it when I don't have a schedule. I completely cave at stupid things, just because it's not a "normal" time. I need help in that area. Staying disciplined even on "off" days. Thanks for a wonderful post!
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
              X