kava is a miracle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kava is a miracle.

Before someone chimes in and claims it causes liver damage, no, it does not. I have been consuming large quantity of kava for several months with no liver problems whatsoever, extracts however May possibly cause problems due to poor quality control, use legitimate, powdered root and prepare it traditionally.

Why is kava a miracle?
    If it weren't for kava, I'd probably still be an alcoholic, because of kava, I have had zero desire to drink.

Kava is non addictive. You literally CANNOT become physically dependant on it, I have had kava drinking runs of three days long with absolutely no withdrawal, cravings etc upon cessation.

It WILL shut down alcohol withdrawals and DOES NOT act on gaba receptors meaning it won't lengthen wd or replace one dependency with another. Kava works by blocking sodium,potassium, and calcium channels thereby making it much harder for any Neuro transmission to occur, this effect is very similar to gabaergics without actually having any effect the gaba system.

Unlike alcohol, kava does not effect judgement, but does induce relaxation, it can be used as a stress relieving alcohol replacement, kava does not make you violent, kava does not make you disinhibited,kava does not do any of the negative things alcohol does.

I would definitely recommend this to home detoxers for the reasons above.

Places to obtain real noble kava are bula kava house, nakamal at home, kava by rec, paradise kava, and a few others, please avoid kona kava, as they sell crappy products.

If anyone has any questions pertaining to kava, feel free to ask. I really want this to be known as a highly effective treatment alternative. It's why I no longer need to drink.

kava is a miracle.

Ive researched kava quite a bit and liver damage usually always is mentioned,who really knows though
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

kava is a miracle.

Liver damage from kava came from companies using the aerial parts of the plants, which do contain hepatoxic alkaloids, Vanuatu, Hawaiian, and Fijian kava drinkers have never ever used anything but the root, which is entirely safe. Vanuatu has specific laws regarding export of kava, only noble strains may be exported, none of the noble strains contain anything hepatoxic. Like I said, buy from reputable sources and you will be fine. If my liver enzymes all came back normal considering the amount of kava I consume, I think it's safe to say it is okay. Stay away from extracts and capsules, not only are they very weak in potency, but you really have no idea where they are sourcing their materials from.

Comment

kava is a miracle.

A few people from Fiji do get liver damage possibly related to consuming kava (known as yagona there). The root is ground and strained and water is added. I have certainly known a few Fijians who have been advised to not consume kava or alcohol because of the state of their livers. There are also some people in Fiji who become addicted to the substance. This is probably a habit and psychological/social addiction. I am not implying this happens to everyone and for most people kava is not going to do any harm. However those with dodgy livers are probably best advised to avoid kava or at least not consume it in large quantities. I am not referring here to the kava processed through drug companies but to the root or powdered form.
        Alcohol does far more harm and many people find kava relaxing. This may also be because of the rituals associated with it.

Comment

kava is a miracle.

just to add my two cents on my research on this fascinating root: apparently the only toxicity problems reported are due to improper processing of the plant, by including some of the upper part of the plant which is indeed toxic. it's ok to buy the bulk ground root so long as you get them from a TRUSTED and competent processor. I really enjoy Kava and find that no other herbal remedy packs the punch that it does in relaxing/soothing the nerves after a stressful day. as always, do your own research and consult doctor if you have any concerns.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

kava is a miracle.

what are the effects of comsuming it? if its relaxation, why risk it? use some yoga, exercise or meditation...as alcoholics, we probably shouldn't be giving our livers anything that might be remotely dangerous...just my opinion.
            10-06-2012

Comment

Working...
            X