Ladies on a Mission: The Official Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so this is our official site. No new weekly threads so we do lose precious posts. I'm going to send a pm to the following members so that they know this is where we will always post. If I missed anyone, please pm them or let me know.

FreeFly
    Narilly
    Dottie Belle
    available
    Pavati
    patrice
    Running4life
    Rosie57
    HumbleRider
    acadiaofmaine
    K9Lover
    Scottish Lass
    NoSugar
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

I've pm'd everyone, but again, let me know if I missed anyone. We don't want to miss good posts from one week to the next.

K9, good point. We're all only one drink away.

Narilly, glad your boy is ok and hope things get better for him!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Great leadership, j-vo ! Thank you.

HR, I also joined kindspring.org - what a wealth of ideas! Then again, just saying 'hi' with a smile is sometimes enough, especially during this hectic season.

I think I'll try to track down Star. Maybe she'll rejoin us now that we're official :H!

Comment

Thanks NS!

So busy day here. Have to work concession stand for JV game and son's game at afterwards at 7:30. It's his official first game of the season since this weekend was just a tournament. I'm excited!!!

available and narilly, you said about downloading movies from that site and i have it written down somewhere. I wasn't clear on what you meant. Do you have to have two computers? I actually bought the movie "Smashed" from amazon last night, and won't make that a habit. It only cost as much as a bottle of wine - that's how I rationalized this!! Got half-way through and needed to go to bed. But can't wait to see the rest. Is this "streaming" or "downloading" movies?

Dottie, I hope you had a better day with hubby. Yes, they can be a down-right P.I.T.A. If you need me to tell you this acronym, it's "pain i the ass!" My husband has a habit of repeating himself a thousand times. Maybe this is from when I drank, and he knew I wasn't really listening!

Patrice, that was such a nice visit from your friend. And to have supportive friends means lots!

Humble, I to exercise more consistently. Now I'm running into more stuff to do around x-mas, basketball season in full swing, and work...I know just excuse after excuse. I need to get up with my husband at 4:30 and get on the treadmill to just get it out of the way. Maybe that will set the tone for a wonderful day. The extra hour, though, is hard to give up. Kindspring.org sounds like a really cook site! The next two weeks at work, we''re doing random acts of kindness for a teacher on our team. No one knows who each has, so it's fun.

Ok, probably won't be back today, as it's a basketball night. Have a great day ladies.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Glad to have an "official site!" I do hope Star will rejoin us.

So another AA meeting today. The takeaway for me, or at least one of them, came from the speaker, a super nice man who I would see as a father figure (but sadly, I realize, is probably my age! ) who has been in the program for awhile. He said he ends each day with a little prayer to the effect of "god, please make sure that when I wake up in the morning, I remember I'm an alcoholic." That's kind of where I am-I just can't forget or I'll be in trouble.

Re: husbands, don't get me started. I'm married to a very sweet man, but holy cow, I don't think we are very compatible. Feeling as annoyed as I do, most of the time, is not a good recipe for mental health. PITA indeed!

Ann

Comment

MAE all, well i cant bitch about my husband though i could start on the ex. I just thank god my ex best friend took him off my hands although we are all still great friends. I love how she bitches about him and I'm like "but you knew what he was like when i was married to him". Single is better for me atm.

Good on you Jvo for an official site, it seems so official ha ha. If you like Jvo i can pm you what sites I use to download movies, i was never a movie person until i stopped drinking. I think it is due to the fact i can actually now remember the beginning, the middle and the end.

Well i have three minutes to get up and have a shower and get ready for work. I hope it is a good day, think i am still too fragile to deal with other peoples crap. I will just put my head down and work i think. I always get a look when I am off work but mind you so do the others. Oh well have a great day/night everyone, will be checking in on all the news at work.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all I joined kindspring.org a while ago and tried to do their 21 day gratitude challenge.. I didn't have time to do it everyday but a great site. I also get daily emails from another site called dailyom.com - that's also great !
              I'm up super early ( 5am) feeling fine... This is the time I could be doing my exercise... so why am I sitting here with a nice latte and a cigarette????
              Back later girls
              x

Comment

Hi J-vo and y'all.

Phew! Relieved to find the actual official thread. I was never really sure whether i was reading the real deal, or a pale imitation.

Spiritual river is also a good site.

Have a good one out there!

Best wishes, G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

"Like" G-Bloke!

Comment

HI Ladies,
                    Well, sneaking a quick post in before leaving for BBall.

Patrice, I have to say, a latte and cig. sounds lovely to me. I've had this patch on, but gonna keep it on. But the just thought! Awe. Visualization.

Available, do you download the movies onto your computer or do you stream them? How much space does one movie take on the computer? Yes, I'd love the sites if you wouldn't mind. I, too, am watching movies for the same reason!

Ann, I'm glad your meeting went well and you took something from it. I'm going to remember this... "God, please let me remember I'm an alcoholic in the morning." I need to modify it a bit..."God, please let me remember that I'm an alcoholic on Friday and Saturday nights. LIKE!

Ok, off to do the concession stand first. I hope I don't rip too many people off!

Comment

j-vo;1597200 wrote:
                      Ok, off to do the concession stand first. I hope I don't rip too many people off!
                      I bet your math skills are improving .

Comment

G-Man found us! He's always following the ladies around. That's ok because he is a hunk, so he can stay! :h

J-Vo really did put on her big-girl-leadership panties didn't she? Good job J! :H

Not much to report today. I'm cutting my hair again next week. At this rate I will look like Sinead Oconnor soon.

How is everybody doing? Staying strong?
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Way to go J-Vo! Pav is gonna be happy
                          Hey, I am the last person to help with that technical stuff. Sorry, I say 'download' about everthing!
                          Available, and everyone, I am sure we all remember movies better when we are sober. So many times I have watched a movie which I am told I watched before but do not really remember it. I have missed some really good movies that I have watched, haha!

Humble, I am joing Kindspring too. Humble and Patrice, I see you have also.

Ann, That made me laugh about the AA meeting and thinking of that man as a father figure and realizing he is about your age. That happens to me all the time! I think "ya, he is so old" and realize he is the same age or only slightly older than me!

Hey G-Bloke hello!

Gals, I just want to say that All are welcome to this thread. We don't want to exclude anyone at all. I am sure there a lot of women who have the same issues as us that are on MWO.

So happy to have you as my friends Ladies!

I don't drink.
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I like the single thread...I was getting confused too.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Narilly,

The worst of it is seeing guys who you think are pretty cute and you have a brief thought about them-and then realize they are probably 35! How did this happen, becoming 57? I guess ODAT!

Am doing well, 8 days. Makes a big difference in energy level and overall wellbeing. Can't wait to hit 30, on Dec. 30!

K9, short hair is where it's AT! So much easier. I'm sure you will look great!

Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X