Unitarian Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unitarian Church

I am very interested in this, can anyone tell me anything about them, what they believe and what they do in their services?
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Unitarian Church

I went to one and found out, very interesting, I think I'll go again.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Unitarian Church

Interesting aside - I heard on the radio the other day that the Unitarians have more comfortable chairs than most churches because the services are longer!

Comment

Unitarian Church

treetops;1605097 wrote: Interesting aside - I heard on the radio the other day that the Unitarians have more comfortable chairs than most churches because the services are longer!
        Yeah it was approximately 1 hour, not sure of other Churches services but I go the impression they are perhaps 30-45 minutes.

The chapel was lovely inside, warm and light with big clear windows. They started with an introduction, some hymns, a reading that was reflective and not biblical, then you were invited to light a candle and make a speech about your year.

There were a mixture of Christians, pagans, bhuddists, Quakers there and there didn't seem to be any 'differences' or lines drawn which I liked. We were invited to say the Lord's prayer, then had a cup of tea in the back. Took up a total of 1 1/2 hours and I'm told some go out for lunch afterwards. I was the youngest there, and they said the congregation is usually a lot bigger so I'll try and see if I can get to the Sunday service again.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Unitarian Church

sounds very calming and inclusive - and caring

Comment

Working...
          X