Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Australia!

Hello Friens,

It's a great site and I am so glad that I found you. We are all in the same boat and it is reassuring.
    I went once along to AA for a couple month and found a loving community there. Hope to find here the same.
    I read in one of your community posting about a tea, recommended against crawings. It's called ROOIBOS Tea. It comes from South Africa. I tried it today and it realy works!!! Hope to hear from you,
    Agatha

Hi Agatha,

A fellow aussie. There are few of us here. And this is a great place to be.

Otie

Comment

Hi Otie,
      Thank you for your reply. I see that your mood is sad, can you share it with me?
      Hope to hear from you,
      Agatha

Comment

Hi Otie,
        Thank you for your reply. It' nice to be wellcomed. I see you mood is sad, can you share it with me?
        Hope to hear from you,
        Agatha

Comment

Hi Agatha & welcome from the other side of the world (UK)

Read and post as much as you can, you will get lots of help and support here ...

Love & Hugs, Betty xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Yes, I'm feeling really down and lonely at the moment. I'm in NY for work and been just working and working - with the vendor - and I am not getting any progress from them and they are treating me very badly. Id on't feel respected at all. And I am the customer! I am really fed up with my work at the moment.

I have been going to gym most mornings, but last 2 have not, been too blue. I got the sups last weekend and been on them since, but have not been able to give up drink as that is my carrot to get through the day. And due to that - drink and then eating too much - I just keep on putting weight. I feel so fat and ugly at the moment, too.

...and to add to the list, my daughter - who lives in Scandinavia - forgot the mother's day, well, she normally does not remember my birthday etc., but I would have liked at least to be noticed with sms or something like that on mother's day...

I think it is the alcohol that depresses me and work, too. I should be enjoying NY, but I am just sooo tired and blue. I cannot talk to anyone about work, neither about my alcohol problem. Thanks for listening. I am also feeling terrible writing this as I should be inspiring all on this site and making progress with my abstinence. But nothing.

Otie

Comment

Thank You Betty!
              It really cheers me up if I get a reply. I have a sister in law who's name is also Betty. She is my favourite one.
              I am still learning how to use this site, so please forgive me if I make mistakes.
              Los of Love,
              Agatha

Comment

Dear Otie,
                Thank you for writing back. I see your hurt and as a mother myself, this things really cut deep. Have you considered to write or sms your daughter and say that this is not done.Giving up drinking is really hard. I started to drink while severly depressed, used it as a self medication. I got hocked of course, and now my liver is in a shocking condition. Try ROOIBOS tea, it helped me today to stay away. Thinking of you, Lots of Love, Agatha

Comment

Thanks Agatha,

I've done my liver, too. Not yet cirrhosis, but soon if I do not stop.

Otie
                  :flower:

Comment

Dear Otie,

I just read a wounderful essay in the Introduction & General Discussion section written by Louise (irishlady) titled: just like a swimming pool. Please read it, it is really inspirational!
                    Tell me what you think.
                    Lots of love,
                    Agatha

Comment

Agatha,

That is great post. So right - I am the wimpy one crying on land and being scared adn cold. When in fact it would be warmer and more fun in the water.

Love,
                      Outi

Comment

Agatha,
                        You sound like a very caring person, you will fit in very well here. We are all different but have a common goal.
                        This site has really made me look at my life and perspective on things. We live in a remote control world where we push a button and the desired thing happens. The tv comes on or off the volume goes up or down. Unfortunately those wine bottles don't come with one! I got very frustrated with my 83 yr old mom yesterday because she wants to be able to just swallow a pill and make all of her old age problems go away without any effort on her part at all, and I realized that I've treated my drinking problem the same way. If it wasn't going to be easy, why even try. After coming to MWO I have found a lot of strength here and I now realize there is no magic but there is help and RJ has laid out a road map for success, but alas no remote control.

So, welcome, read and learn and share with others, it's a great place.

Melissa
                        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi Agatha, and a warm :welcome: to the site! I hope you find it helps you achieve the goals you want and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Otie - I'm sorry life is the pits at the moment and wish I had a magic wand to put everything right. Unfortunately it doesn't happen like that so all I can say is keep going, just one step at a time and one day you'll find it gets easier. Breaking the time-moulded habits is the hardest bit - finding something else to do apart from drink at the end of the day. It's especially difficult when you're feeling tired, run down, depressed and alone on the other side of the world. What about making plans for when you return home - just get through the NY trip and get things set in your mind for when you're on more friendly territory. Do you have all the supplements, book, CDs? Have you decided what part of the program you want to try? What about beginning a light exercise program to get you out of the house, feeling a bit better both mentally and physically - there are several posts around at the moment about weight loss once you stop drinking, so another good incentive! Sending cyber hugs your way until you're home and amongst friends. :l :l Hang in there and hopefully you'll be able to find the kick start you need to get a few days AF under your belt - you'll find the momentum is easier to keep going once you've started!

Take care both of you and good luck!

Warmest wishes,
                          :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                          Goals:
                          Days 1-7 DONE
                          Days 8-14 DONE
                          Days 15-21 DONE
                          30 days DONE
                          60 days
                          100 days

Comment

Hello Agatha and welcome to a lovely, warm place.
                            And Otie, I'm sorry you're not enjoying New York.
                            I agree with Arial. It's rarely easy trying to get things sorted when your away.
                            I look forward to talking more to you both.

Comment

Hi Agatha ( and Otie)
                              I live in Melbourne and have been tuning in to this site for a fortnight, eversince I read the book. It's fabulously helpful and I can scarcely believe I have cut down the grog so enormously that i haven't had a drink now for 4 days. tonight could be a challenge though as i'm off to my friend's son 21st party. However, I do feel resolved and tell myself all the time that i am now a non-drinker!! I take all the supps that i rdered from teh States and I'm waiting on the CD's too. I haven't gone down the path of the Topa though. Sorry to say this, but I went out and bought the Rooibos red tea and hated it. back to simple English breakfast for me!! So, stick with it guys and keep tuning in to this forum it is so supportive and distracting at witching hour ( 5 pm onwards for me). There is another Australian called Lisa out there somewhere....hellooooooooo
                              Chin up and keep strong, if Jimmy Barnes can do it, so can we!!
                              Jane:H
                              Jane :heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X