turmeric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turmeric

After being told by a customer at work how great shes felt by taking this supplement,ive decided to give it a shot,ive read all kinds of good things about it too,anybody use it?
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

turmeric

I don't use it as a supplement, but I use it as a seasoning all the time. Tasty, too. It's also a liver detoxifier.

Health Benefits of Turmeric Spice and How to Use in Recipes - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

turmeric

Hi Pauly, I use it and I also feel great when taking it... give it a whirl girl!!!!

Comment

turmeric

i use turmeric everyday in smoothies, cooking, and in tea form. i don't know if it makes me feel any different, but it is really good for us, so I figure I can't go wrong. it is more effective if used in tandem with black pepper, fyi.

thanks for the link , alky.
        10-06-2012

Comment

turmeric

ps, if you buy it in bulk, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than in "supplement" form. just use it the old fashioned way
          10-06-2012

Comment

turmeric

I am a newbie but I have used tumeric for years and it is an excellent anti-inflammatory. You can make a latte with any kind of milk (dairy, soy, rice, almond, etc.). Just whisk in the powdered tumeric (bettygirl is SO right its SO much cheaper than a supplement of the same ingredient!) into your warm/hot milk. Sweeten with stevia, agave or maple syrup and add a pinch of cinnamon/nutmeg on top. Very healing, soothing in the winter months and when avoiding coffee but wanting something warm and rich. ENJOY!

Comment

turmeric

oh, that sounds fantastic! I will try it tonight
              10-06-2012

Comment

turmeric

Thanks Pauly for starting this thread. I hurt my shoulder about a month ago. My left arm is pretty much out of commission for the time being. The doctor prescribed a powerful anti-inflammatory drug, but the warnings scared me to death. Next step is a cortisone shot or surgery. Uh - no!! So I have been looking for a natural alternative. Hanoj, thanks for the info. I'm going to give tumeric a try.
                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

turmeric

Apologies for temporarily hijacking the thread, but MR, have you tried acupuncture? About 15 years ago, I was a professional musician in a major regional orchestra in the southeastern US when I was diagnosed with a pretty major case of tendonitis. My doctor immediately recommended surgery, but my stand partner (the person sitting next to me in the orchestra) said they had the same issue and recommended I explore acupuncture. It took a good 15 treatments, but it certainly beat the surgical option.
                  In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

turmeric

Alky - thank you. No - I never thought of acupuncture. Probably a more suitable treatment in lieu of surgery. I will definitely investigate.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

turmeric

Turmeric is a wonderful anti-inflamatory. I cook with it all the time. Now I have to try the smoothie. Thanks for the suggestions all
                      Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

turmeric

Turmeric indeed has many medicinal properties and I too have been using this for my health.

Comment

turmeric

I love trying new cooking ingredients and flavours in food. And the bonus of the medicinal properties. Thanks for tips all!!

Comment

I've googled this stuff to death and articles contradict themselves! some say it's amazing for liver health and others say it's harsh,blah,blahguess just see what happens
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly
                              A few weeks ago I had a really nasty fall that resulted in severe bruising and inflammation that just wouldn't heal. Someone at work told me that their mother had had a lot of success with a turmeric-derived supplement so I bought this:
                              http://www.vitalityandwellness.com.a...nalgesic-forte
                              and within a few days I had a very noticeable improvement. Of course it could well have been a coincidence and I was on the way to healing anyway, but I didn't have any negative side effects so all I can say is it was worth the try.
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Working...
                              X