chelsea98's marijuana thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well there's not much to report so far. i finished what i intend to be my last two spliffs this morning. i had planned to finish about 3 weeks ago but i had a big lump that i was supposed to sell but circumstances prevented it so of course, i went through it.

i don't have any plans in place to get any more which would always be the case when running low. I'd normally be panicking when i knew i was running out, but as i got nearer the end of this last bit and knew i wasn't getting any more, I didn't have that feeling. that alone is different i think.

Also,I'd kind of forgotten about them but I have to get through it anyway, so tonight i suppose, or maybe tomorrow, starts the wild dreams which accompany finishing smoking.

I was planning to stop smoking cigarettes in conjunction with the hash/weed and I have 17 out of 20 left in my packet. i have my wifes 40th this evening so I'm thinking that it would be a good day to stop both. Not too sure how to update this thread, maybe with just notes about my craving levels or lack thereof and dreams etc, i'll see how it goes.

I stopped smoking weed years ago. My life used to revolve around it when I was younger. 2 puffs now would send me into a full blown panic attack. I still have a few friends who are utterly addicted to it.

Comment

same here as Thomas, i wrote in another thread, marijuana has a mixture of psychoactive compounds THC and CBD. THC heavy strains is responsible for the "high" , the anxiety and paranoia. It's high CBD you want, that stuff relaxes and has most of the medicinal benefits. THC is what gets you "high" so naturally all the majority of strains are geared towards producing that effect, even medical ones. Not sure if THC has many medical benefits, but it certainly doesn't help alcoholics with anxiety.

There are a few strains out there that have higher CBD to THC ratio. I've been wanting to try some but I was unable to find any. In Australia we don't have the strains like in the US so i was stuck trying a high THC strain, which just led me to the usual paranoia and anxiety.

What i really want to try is a CBD only product, they don't get you high at all, you just get the medical benefits like anxiety reduction. There are some dropper products that look interesting, however they are expensive and under dosed. There were some studies i read before that showed the calming effect from CBD was in the higher mg range than these products provide.

Amazon.com: Dew Drops 500mg CBD Hemp Oil Supplement 2oz Extra Support Formula (Cinnamon): Health & Personal Care

here is a video showing the difference between high THC and a high CBD/lower THC mixture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8XARojnbM[/video]]Intravenous THC & CBD Experiment - YouTube
      01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Interesting thread... I've toyed with the idea of med MJ for anxiety and stress reduction, but I wouldn't want to get a strain that INCREASES these! I may have to look into the CBD thing.

Chelsea, there's a tobacco/cig free thread that a few of us post in regularly for support, if you're interested. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...-13-88433.html

Comment

Four years ago I switched from drinking heavily every night to using marijuana as a substitute. While most probably wouldn't agree with this, I had tried all other treatments apart from high-dose baclofen, so decided to give marijuana a shot. It has allowed me to spend most of my time since early 2010 free of alcohol, with a bit of Antabuse as a back-up. These days I tend to only drink 5-6 nights then have 2-4 months off.

I too have thought about the THC-CBD ratio of pot, and would love to obtain a high-CBD strain. Too much THC gives me problems with anxiety, and also next-day anxiety and weird circular obsessive thoughts. Unfortunately in my part of Australia people only have "weed" to sell, they don't offer any strains. I would also be interested in trying CBD-only pot, if I can find any.

With cannabis in general, I often wish I could also quit using it, but without going back to the alcohol. The little addictive voice in my head will not shut up for long however. I have managed a few periods of not using any substances at all, but 3.5 weeks was the longest I lasted before reaching for another cone. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much evidence for baclofen or most other medications as treatments for pot dependence. Gabapentin is just about the only thing I have ever heard of as a treatment for this actually, see below:

A proof-of-concept randomized contro... [Neuropsychopharmacology. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Chelsea, best wishes with the pot and cigarettes; maybe I will also be back here later in another attempt to go substance-free. I guess I am just too scared of having a full-blown alcohol relapse if I quit marijuana permanently!

Comment

Hi all!
            I saw this story on a cnn special by Dr Sanjay Gupta about a little girl (Charlotte)with horrible seizures who this strain was named after. It's high in CBD but low enough in THC they can give it to a child. The marajuana is processed into an extract for her to take in a drop form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte's_Web_(cannabis)

Here is a link to the cnn story about the little girl- Charlotte.

Marijuana stops child's severe seizures - CNN.com

Comment

that strain looks really good " 0.5% THC and 17% CBD", if only there was medical cannabis in Australia

Yourfriend6116;1622526 wrote: Hi all!
              I saw this story on a cnn special by Dr Sanjay Gupta about a little girl (Charlotte)with horrible seizures who this strain was named after. It's high in CBD but low enough in THC they can give it to a child. The marajuana is processed into an extract for her to take in a drop form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte's_Web_(cannabis)

Here is a link to the cnn story about the little girl- Charlotte.

Marijuana stops child's severe seizures - CNN.com
              01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

thomas m;1622203 wrote: I stopped smoking weed years ago. My life used to revolve around it when I was younger. 2 puffs now would send me into a full blown panic attack. I still have a few friends who are utterly addicted to it.
                Same here, I reached a point where I reviled it even as I did it. I've got two friends who are utterly addicted to it as well:

One guy was a full blown alcoholic 25 years ago, and now just smokes pot constantly. I'm very glad he's got that, because I don't think he'd be sober otherwise. (but there's nothing bein' SHP-RI-CHAL can't solve!!!!)

The other works food service, has had a shit luck kind of life and spends all of his money on pot, alcohol and comic book toys. He definitely has a problem with pot- though it's among many other problems. I think alcohol will definitely get him before pot ever does. Still, it bears mentioning that pot has probably distracted him from harder stuff. I think if he quit drinking he'd be a mere underachiever rather than someone with a death wish.

Comment

chelsea98;1622184 wrote: well there's not much to report so far. i finished what i intend to be my last two spliffs this morning. i had planned to finish about 3 weeks ago but i had a big lump that i was supposed to sell but circumstances prevented it so of course, i went through it.

i don't have any plans in place to get any more which would always be the case when running low. I'd normally be panicking when i knew i was running out, but as i got nearer the end of this last bit and knew i wasn't getting any more, I didn't have that feeling. that alone is different i think.

Also,I'd kind of forgotten about them but I have to get through it anyway, so tonight i suppose, or maybe tomorrow, starts the wild dreams which accompany finishing smoking.

I was planning to stop smoking cigarettes in conjunction with the hash/weed and I have 17 out of 20 left in my packet. i have my wifes 40th this evening so I'm thinking that it would be a good day to stop both. Not too sure how to update this thread, maybe with just notes about my craving levels or lack thereof and dreams etc, i'll see how it goes.
                  Hey Chelsae, congrats on this decision. It won't seem like much until you get a few years in the future and you'll be very grateful for all of the doors and opportunities that were not closed to you.

I did the same thing 10 years ago. There were a few things that got me through:

1. I reached a point where I absolutely hated it. The anxiety was not worth it anymore.
                  2. I saw less and less and less of the people I smoked with. This was probably the most important thing- as I went to college 3 hours away and did not smoke on campus.
                  3. It was more of a gradual realization that it had to happen than a conscious decision. The last time I smoked was not even planned, I didn't even realize it would be the last time. I'd just had enough.

One thing I'd suggest is not to kick cigarettes and pot at the same time. I knew a guy in high school who kicked cigarettes and got so irritable that he smoked twice as much pot. It's probably better to take it one thing at a time because, let's face it, while neither are good cigarettes are probably more manageable for the time being.

Comment

If I lives somewhere where I had access to certain strains I'd probably give it a shot but where I live its a class B drug (crazy) and you take what your given... Usually sativa strains which send you up the wall. You guys in the states with the MM cards have it good.

Comment

thanks for all your replies and further info. To be honest, i'm just bored with weed/hash now and could use the money for other things which is why im stopping.

i've not had one since yesterday morning, (normally i would smoke 5-7 a day and at least 1 for breakfast, maybe more) so thats not too bad. Had no cravings today for any. I did at one point yesterday think, ever so briefly, that it would be nice to have a spliff. i then, later, thought about thinking about it!! (ie, i had a flashback about thinking it would be nice to have a spliff!) but again, no cravings so that was good. As I said, i was out for my wifes birthday yesterday. I had a couple of drinks (and still retained control) so maybe that meant that I didn't get the dreams I was expecting.

i've not had a cigarette today and I've done my hot yoga this morning. I am still tempted to smoke a cigarette and in some way, reading that I shouldn't quit both at the same time is almost making me want a cigarette more. what i may do is continue smoking cigarettes for now for a couple of weeks, get the weed/hash smoking out of my system and then tackle the cigs in due course. but then i think shall i not just go balls deep and banish the pair of them? bloody confusing it is!!

so the short and curlies of it so far are that i've stopped smoking hash as of yesterday. no cravings for it at all at present which is fantastic, no panic to go and get some and as yet, no mental dreams to report.

I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

Having no cravings sounds good. Me and my little crew back in the 90s used to crave for it like nobody's business. It was terrible. I remember there used to be droughts every now and then and you'd just have to go without. I literally couldn't even watch a film without being stoned. Life just seemed meh without it. That was a lot of boolix looking back.

It was the crippling anxiety that got me in the end. First time I ever had a panic attack was smoking weed. I wish I could say the same about the booze. I just power on thought the anxiety with that

Comment

hi thomas, i know what you mean about having to soldier on when there was a drought (there always seemed to be a drought over christmas for some reason, just when it was most wanted!). without realising that we craved it, we just seemed to do everything stoned. i now have to live with the fact that my memory is fucked because of it and without my wife, i'd have forgotten so much about my children growing up. one thing i read about recently regarding memory was that if you don't get proper deep sleep, then your memories aren't stored properly. whereas i previously thought that smoking had fucked my head up, i'm now of the opinion that it actually screwed with my sleep which is why my memories just aren't there. it makes me cry all the time when i think about it. when my daughters or son ask if i remember something I say yes when in reality i don't remember it. i've actually started telling them that my memory is terrible and that I don't recall which is desperately sad.

i never really thought that I had anxiety issues but the more i think about it (when i can recall) the more i think i must have had issues. i worked with my parents who went through a world of shit with their divorce (with me stuck in the middle of it) which spurred me on to drink and just look for escape, whether by weed or drink but in the end, it was always both.

anyway, i've just bought some cigs, I've decided that i'll do one at a time. knock mary jane on the head first then cigarettes in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Thomas, i should point out that i have no cravings because im currently on 150mg a day of baclofen and have titrated down from 240mg a day to sort out my alcohol problems. it's worked wonders which is why ive decided to use it for my smoking also. as i hit my switch at circa 240mg for alcohol, i don't know if i'll have to go back up or not or whether baclofen has already hit a switch for me with weed or not.

Comment

Hi Chelsea. I've been following your thread. I'm on 140 of Bac and a daily pot smoker. Thanks for sharing your journey. I think quitting just the weed first and then moving on to cigs is a good idea and better for you, mentally. You can do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X