No announcement yet.

Recover! Stop Thinking Like an Addict Reclaim Your Life by Dr. Stanton Peele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am LOVING this recently published book by Stanton Peele. It is a very refreshing approach that is decidedly different from the 12 step approach & the disease model. I have read SO many books on the subject but this is the first time I feel confident about the science I am being presented and the tools provided being solid ways to achieve and maintain a true and total recovery. Very eye opening and empowering! I would love to hear feedback from MWO folks on this approach! One of the links on MWO led me on a path to find his writings and philosophy and I couldn't be more grateful for MWO & this information! Here's links to the book & Dr. Peele's site:

Recover!: Stop Thinking Like an Addict and Reclaim Your Life with The PERFECT Program [TM]: Stanton Peele, Ilse Thompson: 9780738216751: Amazon.com: Books

The Stanton Peele Addiction Website

:thanks:

I am heading to the Library right now, I just checked and they don't have this book, it's probably too new. I did see another book by him called 7 Tools to Beat Addiction...have you read that one? I think I'll get it and apply it to my drug addiction (NICOTINE!!).
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yes---Just bought book yesterday. Very interesting and some very good points. Was published only a few weeks ago so its hot off zeeee press. Mr. Peele gets high praise for his many works

Comment

I will download this book onto my Kobo today. Thanks.
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

I stopped dead in my tracks when he suggests that total abstinence is not necessary. Should I continue?? I just came to terms with the total abstinence idea and don't need to falter. I was really interested in what I read before he mentioned the moderation idea so someone please let me know what you think.
          "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          Lao-Tzu

Comment

I, too, just downloaded this book. Started, then have had company so looking forward to getting back to it. Being a moderator, I am interested in his PERFECT plan. I keep up to the Newbies Nest as I think I'm really a Newbie Wanna Be so it will be interesting what comes out of this read.

TMH
            The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

Working...
            X