It's been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while

Today I'm attempting my first af day in quite sometime. And I don't feel afraid like before. I think I was setting my goals too high! :sun:

It's been a while

Hi 143 - how are you doing...how did it go yesterday? Taking it "one day at a time" really helps make things less scary. It also helps if you are ready for things that make you want to drink so you can have a plan for how you will avoid drinking - there is a toolbox here where there are some really good tips for this. Here's the link:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

And if at first you don't succeed, keep trying, you can do this!

Comment

It's been a while

Yes you can do this. Using the tools from this site helped me do it.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

It's been a while

Thanks guys....I didn't drink yesterday! I posted a thread in general discussion if you'd like to know more. It didn't seem like anybody really visited this group but guess I was
        wrong...so I will continue to post. Going for day 2 af....but my friend is suppose to come over and bring some wine but she probably won't come.... I kinda don't want her to come. I didn't plan on not drinking today but I'm feeling some kinda way.......

Comment

It's been a while

-143;1643583 wrote: Today I'm attempting my first af day in quite sometime. And I don't feel afraid like before. I think I was setting my goals too high! :sun:
          Good luck mate Please update us on your successful AF journey
          Alcohol will hit you bad but you can always turn your back
          Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
          Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

Comment

It's been a while

143- you are so wise to stay close to these boards. You can try to quit a thousand times and one day it will stick. Relapse is part of recovery. Only you can choose which quit is your final one. Someone said around here that no one can make us drink except ourselves. You girlfriend with the wine showing up or not should not be your indicator of whether you will drink or not. Let her drink, sip on a lovely cool A/F drink and enjoy her company. We have to start smiling and saying "No thanks." It's hard because, as drinkers, we are so sensitive to other's feelings. Remember, alcohol is the only drug society not only advocates but we're judged for NOT taking it. How crazy is that?
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Marty, I tried setting my goal at double digits days sobriety and very angry/ confused when I fell flat like day 2. Be kind to yourself and be grateful for even one or two days AF.

Sober, yes it is repugnant that today's society condones AL at such a high level and adds various stereotypes to the kind of drink, the kind of drug, the 'occupation'of the user, etc. doesn't send a proper message and it doesn't treat all sotuations fairly.
              Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
              I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Working...
              X