Day 4 starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 4 starts

I am beginning day 4 and I am feeling strong and determined.
    I have not had many withdrawal symptoms and I feel like a new man.

I am sleeping so well. and I am giving my dogs so much more love and attention and they
    can tell I swear they have noticed a change in me.

But I know how sneaky and cunning Alcohol can be so my guard is up.

Thanks for this site.

Grateful that I don't have to take a drink today.

Happy Sunday

rednose
    _________
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Day 4 starts

You're doing great Red,isn't it funny how the dogs know?i can definitely see a difference in my Winslow when i'm sober,keep it up
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Day 4 starts

paulywogg;1648460 wrote: You're doing great Red,isn't it funny how the dogs know?i can definitely see a difference in my Winslow when i'm sober,keep it up
      Thanks Polly.

Comment

Day 4 starts

My dog is the same way. Although she also has taken care of me when I haven't felt good. She won't leave my side. I am so happy for your dogs and what you are able to see in them. Makes me feel good just reading your post.

Comment

Day 4 starts

Rockin it man.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Day 4 starts

Day 4 not so easy!

Hi All,

Well day 4 is turning out to be the hardest so far. My body is craving that fix.
            I am eating well, drinking lots of water and taking it easy watching the last round of the Masters.
            I am really tired today and I actually think I am starting to feel the withdrawls from all the drinking I did in the last year. Sweaty, hot, a bit of the shakes.
            So I guess the honeymoon is over for a while. It is time for me to just rest, drink more water,
            Eat more and just hang on one minute at a time.
            I have worked hard to get to day 4 and I am not going to blow it today.

Thanks for being here.

Rednose

Comment

Day 4 starts

Day 4 and 5 alwsys suck the worst,i dread those more than day 1,however think positive,now all the alcohol is out of your system,thats why you feel shitty,its actually a good thing
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Day 4 starts

Thanks Polly, never thought about it that way. I just went and bought some ice cream.
                Feeling better already.

One day at a time.

rednose

Comment

Day 4 starts

Doing well Red, if you are tired sleep that is what i used to do. Our bodies take time to heal, we have been pouring al in them for years and it can take awhile for your body to sort itself out. One day at a time is all you can do. Those al thoughts can be pretty savage but they dont last for long, everything will settle with time. I thought i had bloody parkinson's when i was drinking, now i dont shake at all, little anxiety sometimes but its all gone. I made every excuse as to how i was feeling when i was drinking and i never blamed al, now i can see it for what it was and did to me, mentally and physically.

Proud of you!
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Day 4 starts

Rednose,
                    Thinking of you... how was the ice cream? I just had vanilla/cookie dough.

Hugs, you can do this. :hug:
                    Think of your friend with his "allergic reaction" and breaking out in spots... today and tomorrow will be the bear-ish days, but after that, deep breaths and looking forward.

Tomorrow morning will be SO rewarding!

:l Patty
                    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                    :hug:

Comment

Day 4 starts

NotHappyHourHappyLife;1648604 wrote: Rednose,

Think of your friend with his "allergic reaction" and breaking out in spots... today and tomorrow will be the bear-ish days, but after that, deep breaths and looking forward.

It was great, I wanted Ben & Jerrys cookie dough.

Comment

Day 4 starts

available;1648597 wrote: Doing well Red, if you are tired sleep that is what i used to do. Our bodies take time to heal, we have been pouring al in them for years and it can take awhile for your body to sort itself out. One day at a time is all you can do. Those al thoughts can be pretty savage but they dont last for long, everything will settle with time. I thought i had bloody parkinson's when i was drinking, now i dont shake at all, little anxiety sometimes but its all gone. I made every excuse as to how i was feeling when i was drinking and i never blamed al, now i can see it for what it was and did to me, mentally and physically.

Proud of you!
                        Thanks Available. :thanks:

Comment

Day 4 starts

NotHappyHourHappyLife;1648604 wrote: Rednose,

Patty,
                          I feel like if I eat one more thing I am going to blow up.
                          The ice cream did help.
                          I never thought about how much sugar I was putting into my body. Whiskey with ginger ale and Vodka with tonic water

Going to make it through day four and looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks

Rednose

Comment

Day 4 starts

:banana: Welcome to the next day! !!Hoping for a peaceful morning for you, Red Nose.

"God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                            :hug:

Comment

Day 4 starts

NotHappyHourHappyLife;1648796 wrote: :banana: Welcome to the next day! !!Hoping for a peaceful morning for you, Red Nose.

Patty,

Thank you. I hope you have a good day as well.

Woke up tired. Going to take it easy on my body today.

One good thing other than being sober.
                              I have lost eight pounds since day one.

Grateful. :thanks:

rednose

Comment

Working...
                              X