trying moderation again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying moderation again

Hi I've been up and down with moderating,abstaining for years.I have had periods of depression and anxiety for years,I drank to treat this,which made it worse.
    My plan is to not drink in week and allow myself two drinks twice a week if I want on a weekend evening.

I'm always a trying to lose weight and reestablish my exercise routine, I play roller derby and plan to get fitter and lose four stone over the year.

Feeling positive,I used to struggle to stick to two to four drinks,recently I haven't but have felt guilty as was trying to be AF, just completed CBT course and recommended I try this middle way.

Looking forward to committing to this.
    one day at a time

trying moderation again

Found you here bear73, glad you found us. We tend to all post on the long term moderator site so missed this post.

Welcome!
    :l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

trying moderation again

Hi bear..... WELCOME!!!!

Comment

trying moderation again

Thanks 143,good to be here,focusing on moderating and getting my exercise and eating back on track.
        one day at a time

Comment

trying moderation again

HI Bear, I've been in a similar position, going through periods of total abstinence, trying to moderate and then abstinence again, I was AF from last December and started to moderate again last month (it was my birthday), my goal was to only have alcohol at the weekend or when I go out for a meal, not in the house but its starting to slip again and last week I had a couple of glasses of wine most nights. I'm going to go back to AF till July (I get married in July) and then going to keep to my original plan.
          feeling disappointed with myself for slipping back but on a positive note at least I've realised my mistake and am trying to rectify it within a month of it happening.

I don't think I'll ever be AF for ever, and my goal is to enjoy it moderately on special occasions, meals out etc but not to take it back into my routine every night for relaxing. This time I've become bored of drinking it at home really quickly and the enjoyment of looking forward to relaxing on a night out with friends and a meal has gone because it's slipped back into a daily routine.

good luck Bear.
          AF since 8.8.14

Comment

trying moderation again

Bear, Between CBT, HARM reduction techniques, hypnotism and Naltrexone, I've had 3 months of less that 20 drinks (compared to over 200/month for many years), and it is getting better every day !!

Good luck !

Comment

trying moderation again

Hi I?m new to moderating and have been af for 3wks. The last 2 days I have drank 2 glasses of wine with a nice meal at the beach with my company and yesterday night at a plaza also with guests I had 3 glasses. I had a great time and slept better than I have in weeks. Today however, I will not drink! I do not want to drink everyday and really never have. Drank often usually a half to 1 bottle of wine 3 nights a week. I decided to quit after drinking to the point of blacking out because I put myself in a dangerous position and still am terrified of what happened and more what could have happened and feel like I need to make some changes. Thanks Booze

Comment

trying moderation again

Bear... Me too.. I was so glad to read all the responses. I am trying another abstinent month after a kick in the pants.. But feel I will never be completely sober. Who knows...

Wishing you the best.

Comment

trying moderation again

New to MWO

Hello,:new:

I'm finally ready to admit I have a problem after heavy drinking for over 30 years. My dream is to be a social drinker. I have fatty liver but have continued to drink for a few years since I found out ???

I am trying Kudzu Root before I see my doctor in a couple of weeks. I am hoping that will help vs. prescriptions.

I wish everyone the best in this journey and I am open to any advice PLEASE!

Comment

trying moderation again

Welcome lulu :welcome: I know this is a moderation thread but your situation requires serious action and that means quitting AL for a good length of time. There is no other way to slow down or reverse the damage caused by fatty liver. Medications and supplements may help but it's abstinence that is really essential. Also you should talk to your dr about your diet.

I know as I have been in a similar situation. The liver can take months or years to heal and the evidence shows that a good diet and absolutely no AL are key to this. It's a long term process of recovery with no quick fixes. The only quick fix is to take one day at a time. You should head into the newbies nest for lots of support here.

Again I am sorry to post this advice on a moderation thread but I think you need to think seriously about the effective options if you are to restore yourself to health. It won't go away. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X