Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July Mod Squad

Well, happy new month, everyone!
    Happy Canada Day to our friends to the north, Happy Independence Day to the USA, and happy July to everyone else. All is well in Moderation Land.

Stewarts, can't wait to hear how the date dinner with tuna steaks went. Hope it was lovely!

We are going on vacation to Michigan tomorrow. I have never seen the Great Lakes, and really am looking forward to it. We have a house-sitter coming to take care of all the critters. I will be back on-line next week. Until then, good luck my friends.

July Mod Squad

Thanks, NNG, for once again starting us off. Enjoy the Michigan vacation!

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

July Mod Squad

HI NNG, the date went very well. The tuna steaks came our great (teriyaki style), also made Caprese salad and some roasted string beans. As far as AL, we had some perseco, so figure a bottle is two glasses each. She had brought a bottle Sancere, I did end up opening it up for a glass for myself as we were sitting on my couch. I think it was more because I was nervous and needed something in my hand, which we both put the glasses down eventually. (She went home, she did not stay over :-) ) . When I woke up this morning I saw a full glass of wine. I was like, "huh, I thought for sure I drank more than that." I looked at the bottle and in the fridge and it appeared I must've poured more into the glass when she left, but apparently I drank none of it (or only a sip or two). I'm sure it was because I didn't want it, the pour was more habit, I watched a little TV and went to bed. I dumped the glass in the morning.

All and all, I must say it went well. I think she's going back to Boston or trying to for the Fourth, she's from outside of there, her work schedule is a little nutty. I told her, with caveat that normally probably wouldn't do this on a second date, but if she had no where to go to come to RI, and forewarned all the family was there....good and bad. She seemed genuinely grateful for the offer. Personally, I hope she gets to go home....I'm sure we'll chat in the interim.

This is weird. I can't remember the last time I dated someone and the process or pace was...I don't want to say slow, but an easy pace (?). I'm usually all out or nothing. I'm trying to remember how it was when I met my wife...I think there was a little bit of a pace to that courting..we were young so it moved swiftly, I guess, but it was very natural as I recall....

Oh, I also found an old friend I lost, 7:30 mpm, I was very happy to get re-acquainted with him yesterday - in the Manhattan mid-day son and Central Park hills nonetheless.

NNG, enjoy the vaca.

j.

Comment

July Mod Squad

NNG, all well here also in this area of moderation land.

The Great Lakes in Michigan are awesome, have been there numerous times.

Enjoy your trip.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi! So what are everyone's plans for the 4th? Past couple years a couple who live on the river have had a huge party complete with fireworks. They opted out this year. There is a special golf outing, however, am not fond of Scrambles so we did not sign up. There is a traditional 4th of July picnic type lunch. We will be doing that, and will get to hear who wins the tournament, and be with friends. It's all good!

TMH

Comment

July Mod Squad

I'm up in New England, a Rhode Island to be exact. That hurricane is making boatingfishing unlikely, but there's always the beach....

I drove up here last night in the rain. It was a longer trip than I would've liked, but not bad. Truth be told, I kind of wanted a glass of wine or a beer, after that trip. Also, my date, which I'm pretty sure went well, I have not heard from. I texted her, ", heading to ri, I hope you make it back home for the fourth (she's from Boston), speak soon ". Nothing. I could be reading too much into it. I usually know when thing go bad or good...this one, I can't see where it went bad... There was no pressure to get in the bedroom, just done kissing on the couch. I walked her our to get a cab, even though she insisted it wasn't necessary (I know that game... ). She left, simply because it was getting late it was time to go.... Now I'm started to think I should've opened that bottle of wine and put on the charm and got her into bed....and I thought I was doing the right thing for once....anyway, that made he want a beer or glass of wine also, which us fine.

No bottles of wine were open at the house and the beer was Miller Lite which I can't stand. So, I had a ginger ale, watch tv, went to bed. Woke up around three and listened to a hypnosis track to get back to sleep... I must admit...whether I'm over reacting or not, I feel low.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi everybody! Happy July! I'm still not modding as well as I was a while back but I won't stop trying! I think I'm depressed...... no..... I know I'm depressed.
              Got one of the tarps but still nobody to put it on yet. We'll be ordering another one next week.... then we'll only have 3 smaller ones to get. It's been raining but the Lord has been letting the rain miss us! It's been raining north and south of us!

I went to my ob-gyn a couple of weeks ago.......called the pap line for my results they said the Dr. needs to speak with me to discuss the results. Someone had been calling me from the office but I kept missing the call. Now I have to wait until Monday because of the 4th.

And this is weird cause I feel pretty numb....not really sad. But I've been depressed enough to know the symptoms.

On a good note...... we will be celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary on the 12th!:h
              I will try to focus on the positive things going on in my life!!!!

Glad you guys are all doing well....that motivates me!!!!
              And Stew you are really on a roll with the ladies!!!!! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun!!!!

Comment

July Mod Squad

hey all - I've decided to go AF again - my moderating isn't making me feel good physically and I'm finding it's creeping up again,into week days and I'm not drinking within the government recommended levels.
                I'm really craving booze at the end of the week and then getting hungover,anxious on even a really small amount of alcohol.
                Good luck to you all and thanks for the support.
                one day at a time

Comment

July Mod Squad

-143. Oh, my, lots on your plate. Glad to hear you are trying to focus on the positive. Do let us know on Monday what you find out. It could be just a need to re-test. Hate when you have to wait over,a weekend and a holiday one, no less.

Bear, wise decision. I am striving for an AF July and then who knows. Do feel like something is missing at the end of the day. Of course, the norm has been to sit & chat prior to dinner, almost always with a cocktail or glass of wine. Feel kind of lost during that time. Great to not have the low grade headache.
                  Will you stay on MWO? Whatever, here's wishing you well.

TMH

Comment

July Mod Squad

143 - well you sound optimistic in your post. I know the numb feeling you're talking about. It's like that old Queen song, "....I don't want to die, sometimes wish I never been born at all...." Congrats on the anniversary.

Bear, yeah, sometimes you just got to do it...AF. My modding has been good, about to go on a run, it looks like there is a break in the rain here.....

As for the ladies, I don't know we shall see... Like I said, raking things slow is new for me. This normal one, I'm hoping she now doesn't think I'm boring.... The other one I have not heard back from, but that wasn't a surprise, that ended kind of f'd up, but that's ok ... Truth be told I kind of used her to piss off my ex...

J.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Well the doctor won't be in until tomorrow and this phone which I use to get online will be off sometime tomorrow.... .if I can find out before it's turned off I'll post. If not.....I'll talk to you guys on Friday!

Comment

July Mod Squad

HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!!!!!

Comment

July Mod Squad

Good morning!

I'm still nicely in moderation land with an AF day yesterday and either AF or one glass at dinner planned today. The OR is if my husband decides to have an AF day, I will too.

Just a question for all or any of you - from a thread on one of the other boards:

Could you just have one bite of a delicious dessert and then leave the rest for everyone else to eat? Could you enjoy that one bite and not crave more?

It is a good question about moderation in general.

Comment

July Mod Squad

Hi DG. Glad thing are going well for you!

Re: dessert. yes. Easily.

TMH

Comment

July Mod Squad

Another week with things going well here.

The desert wouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                              X