Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine Belly

Hey everyone...

Coming up on six months sober (I can't believe that when I write it)....and just recently joined a gym....about 2 weeks ago or so. Since quitting back in February I have lost close to 50lbs. I would like to lose another 10-15.....
    Anyways...I have a serious wine belly!! (wine was my poison of choice)
    I can't seem to get rid of it! Any tips or suggestions? I am studying all about nutrition and whatnot, and I understand that it is important to eat healthy (way ahead of the game on that one) but I think I'm nearing the toughie part of my weight loss journey and I feel like exercise is what is going to help me get rid of this ugly belly....and reach my goal.

So...did you do cardio? Weight training? How do you get rid of that notorious 'alcohol-belly'??

Bri.

Wine Belly

Despite consuming large quantities of AL for years, I lucked out and never got 'the belly.' But whenever I want to lose weight, I start with restricting carbohydrates (not zero grams, but less than 80 to 100 grams/day for a couple of weeks. It's the easiest way to burn fat without exercising.) If I'm running and biking, I don't pay any attention to calories or carbs, etc. It all gets burnt off, and then some.
    Low carb... really, it works.
    Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Wine Belly

Thanks RedJib! I am definitely going to take that into account!

Comment

Wine Belly

Hi Bris! I hear you. All I know is it's the last few kilos(pounds) that are the hardest to lose. Sort of an exponential thing rather than linear. I think kilo joules are the same regardless of source.

IMHO, kilo joule intake is far more relevant then burning it off with exercise. I love exercise, and it does help increase metabolism and burn off weight, but a healthy balanced diet is most important of all.

I've never had a weight problem. Fluctuate by a few kilos. I went and saw a dietician a few months ago when I was training for my marathon. I also want to control my cholesterol levels without medication(statins). It was good to talk with her, even if it mostly reinforced what I generally knew.

Keep posting. Another positive goal is always good!

Comment

Wine Belly

Well done on losing 50 pounds Bri! did you diet and exercise,or did it just fall off cuz you quit drinking?
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X