September Mod Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Mod Squad

I'll go ahead and start the thread. Finally back to a normal life, and no tempting trips to England, or weeks at the lake etc. etc.

Finding that without a doubt days go better without worrying or thinking about alcohol, and putting it in its proper place.

Happy September all !!!

September Mod Squad

Good morning, all! And thanks, Guapo, for starting us off.

I agree, Guapo. Days go so much better when you don't fixate on drinking. There is so much more to life than worrying. I know I definitely prefer life waking up with a clear head, and just getting on with living. It's a beautiful world.

Take care of yourselves, everyone. I hope we all chime in, here, just so we keep in contact. Emmy? How are you, girl?

Comment

September Mod Squad

yes -thank u guapo. looking forward to a good month.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Yes I'm looking forward to a good month as well, I'm working with a bunch of traveling men who are staying in a hotel whilst working a 9 month contract for a specific task.

I gingerly enquired about their drinking habits after work and they all don't drink hardly anything saying we don't drink during the working week. My experience of working away staying in hotels makes me want to drink more.

Guess I have to be more stronger like them.

No more weddings or family get togethers for a while so no more excuses.

Lash
        It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

September Mod Squad

It's not a bad idea, to make weekdays alcohol free days for the most part, unless there's some reason, such as going out to dinner, or an event. Afterwhile, that just becomes a new habit, as supposed to be old habit of drinking Every Single day.

The beauty of it is, you really feel better, because you're not drinking every day !!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Mornin' and Happy Saturday!
            All is well here. Life is good and the day looks like it will be a glorious early fall day. Hurray! (Though I have to admit that I'd still like to sleep better ... )

Really good to not drink much at all, but also not fixate on it. Hope all is well with all of you, my friends.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi, looks like thread kind of fizzled out. Think we are all in such different walks of life. However, we do have the drink or not drink or not worry too much about it in common. I know in my home, it's more of a "just live your life". I mentioned yesterday about not being too successful in the weight loss dept. and said if I'd quit drinking it would help. Dh said there you go again with the extreme thinking.

Hi NNG, Eve, Stewart's, Lasha, Guapo, WildRoses. Hi to any lurkers.

TMH
              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

September Mod Squad

And "HI!" to you, too, my friend, TMH! I hope folks come back. I miss our chats!

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hmmm

Am not really drinking to speak of. Watching cottage visitors pound em down left a bad taste in my mouth

Brother coming soon with usual 6 carrier of wine so I'll have a few with him.

I have to say this beats the pickled me of yore

Comment

September Mod Squad

I agree, Guapo. I really enjoy the new me, very much. Love waking up in the morning feeling fresh and with no regrets.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Well, I'm definitely in a bad mood and it has nothing to do with drinking. I was with my therapist this morning and she asked how I was feeling and I was honest, empty, etc. I had my school weekend this past weekend, which was fine; Friday night people wanted to go out and I did, I did drink. We left early, but for some reasons I stopped in a place, before I decided to go home ?? I was sick the next day, and I should've expected, the taps at that place are gross! I got through Saturday, and did not go out with the group Saturday Night.

Kind of funny how I started that with a drinking night, anyway, I had been noticing the classic depression thoughts creeping in all week. I actually like my new classmates, or Cohorts as we call them in business school. Drinking more than usual right after class, was not that surprising, for all of us, we were all under a lot of stress. We all ended that night, even the late ones, we I got dragged into, at a reasonable time. I was heading back to the UES by 8:30, class ended 5pm. The reason I stopped in the shitbox near my apartment, I was finally feeling good, emotionally, the first time all week, and wanted to prolong it. I just had a few beers, but I didn't need those. I just sat there and chatted with the bartender a little, and went home.

The depressive thoughts had already, before I even went out, thinking no one really wanted me around, which I know was not true. A bunch of had planned to go out this coming Saturday to the school's homecoming game, which I am now thinking of passing up on, because I don't feel wanted. That, on top of trying to avoid AL in these situations, can make me extremely anti-social.

Just now, in my office, we have a lot of annoying young, idiot brokers, but I (we) deal with them. I share an office with someone who is my peer level. We even talk about how annoying they are and clueless. For example, if someone is looking for me, they ask me office mate where I am, and vice-versa, like we're each others personal secretary. Anyway, one came in doing that.....and I NASTILY responded, didn't yell, but very curt said, "I'm not his f#$%in' secretary, I don't know, don't ask me again."

Trust me, I'll get over this and not lose any sleep over it. My office mate and I are laughing about it right now. But, my response was so automatic; usually if I'm going to be nasty to someone, I think about it, and see if there's a reason for it, usually, there isn't.

The only reason I'm bringing it up, it just further gives me evidence that I am in a bad mood and low mood, depression is creeping in.

J.

P.S. The kid just came in. I told him, with my officemate there, who agrees with me, why this annoys us and it's not personal, which it totally wasn't, I do like this kid.... they just haven't been trained very well.

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hey, Stewarts,
                        I hope your week gets better. Work sucks. I actually hate that phrase, but in this case it is completely accurate. Take care of yourself and try to get some extra rest so that the depression doesn't get too bad. I'll send you strong good wishes ...

Comment

September Mod Squad

I actually had a good night's sleep last night. I even did a hypnosis recording before bed, which helped a lot. I hadn't done one in awhile, it definitely cleared the brain.

I still don't want to go to thing on Saturday. I probably should. As my therapist said, the depression is your mortal enemy, it is making you not want to do things. The feeling that people don't want you around, is false, which I even know, the rational brain interprets it like that, because that is what it does; the reality is, the depression doesn't want you near anyone, so they rational brain tells you, "the people don't want you around, don't bother with them, just stay in."

Comment

September Mod Squad

Stewarts, I think a good way to deal with those kinds of things is just to get out and do it.

I think the mind changes a lot when you're not doing the same old habits and intoxicants as before, and that takes a while to get adjusted to a new reality.

All the best

G

Comment

September Mod Squad

Hi everybody!!!! I'm still struggling!!!! But refuse to give up!!!! Hope to never be like this but it seems like it would be a lot easier if I was a mean drunk or was unfaithful or something like that! But I have a lot of fun drinking.... I just really enjoy it! That makes we feel weird .......cause I know that's not a good thing! I wonder if I'll ever just not want to drink????

I missed you guys!!!!! Glad you all are doing so well!!!! Keep me in your prayers!!!

Sunday the guys started putting the tarp on the roof!!!!! Thank You Lord!!! And my daughter is 6 months now!!! So.....we're planning the baby shower.... having much fun!!! I love having projects to work on!!!!

I'll start posting again more often! :happyheart::happyheart::happyheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X