30 day to 100 day maintenance thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. Congratulations! You've achieved 30, 60, 90 days AF, but still feeling a little wobbly? You're not alone.

I don't know if this thread will be useful, but i note there are some 'flat' spots after 30 days + AF that many talk of, and some of us might need support with, or to just yap about with others experiencing same. We are in early sobriety and things are changing within us in all sorts of ways. It can be scary, but i prefer to call all of these changes including the uncomfortable ones, exciting!

The purpose of this thread is to have a place to share info and support at a time when the fog is starting to lift for many of us, and our true selves begin to emerge. So how do we deal with the new us and maintain our sobriety through these early days?

Rock on to 3 digits/100 days booze free!

Bring it on. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Old habits die hard. What do i need to do to break free and maintain my sobriety? An attitude of gratitude is a great state of mind to cultivate and make a part of my daily thinking. Keeping my thick head screwed on right and thinking positive, never letting go of the focus and reasons why i stopped and want to remain stopped. Just making sure i spend a little time with myself each morning, re-focusing where i am going and why.

The longer i put between today and my last drink the stronger and healthier my mind and body become. New routines/habits and ways of thinking are being forged. Noice.

G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

That's right G!
      You well know that practice makes perfect
      Keep working in that gratitude too.
      You're doing great!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good idea Mr G, im too old now lol. It is hard in those early days and some times i walked around in circles thinking i was alone, thinking i should have "got it" by now. Until around 7 months i then realised i may just have it. I will pop in and stalk you now!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Great idea! I'm in
          AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Good stuff Matt. Thanks Lav2k and Ava. I hope you two drop in when you can.

P.S. Can i add. This thread is for everyone to post about anything you like or want to discuss on your 30 day plus AF road. 100 day plus folks are very welcome and i hope you will share your thoughts here too, for us who follow in your footsteps. G

Comment

:bump: Threads seem to get buried so easily here. This looks like it could be a great one!

Comment

Hello NS! Hope you're having a groovy weekend.

Greetings everyone.

What to do when the 'pink cloud' has lifted. When the exciting rush of new sobriety and a new start is beginning to wear off and we are left with who we are and what is. Has this happened for anyone, and if so, how did/do you work with it?

Any thoughts out there?

Enjoy the weekend.

G

Comment

G, I seem to remember that happening to me after a few AF months. I listened to the others who were further along
                  What we need to do is reinvent ourselves, fill in all those blank spaces with new & interesting things! Changes routines, make new friends, try a new hobby, etc. Consider yourself a brand new blank slate & make yourself into anything you want - this is your chance to do things right Fill that old drinking time with something brand new! I cleared out a lot of junk, painted rooms, renewed my interest in gardening & made myself in the best grandmother I can be (enjoying every second of it too).

The possibilities are endless - what would you really like to see yourself doing?
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

For awhile those good feelings just seem to be there - to keep them takes an active awareness of what you've gained and are grateful for. Humans are remarkably able to adapt to change. After some time AF, it is easy to take waking up without a headache, saving money, not worrying what your breath smells like, and all that other stuff totally for granted. For me it is important to continue to notice those little things that make this such a better way to live.

I am having quite the groovy weekend, I'm happy to say . Hope you are, too!

Comment

Lav and Ava where is the 100 day abstainers thread that Byrdy started in Jan 2013- No Sugar is right - with the new launch it's tricky to find some of the old threads. I really enjoyed following the conversations that the three of you had with Kuya, Mick, Mario, Nurdl ,etc. Your comments showed the way forward, what to expect for long term abstainers and gave great hope- I really miss reading it. Thanks!

Comment

Oko it is in the "Dis and Dat". Right at the bottom in the forums page.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/forum/dis-%C2%91n-dat

Its a maze finding stuff nowadays on mwo but that makes it half the fun.

What a beautiful day in Aus land.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

I love the concept! I'm hitting the ground after the initial buzz from sobriety, I'm hoping to see some inspirational motivators from peeps. It helps to know this is common amongst us and not just me

Comment

Wait...rule check..can one still participate here if we are in that time-frame, but still deep in a fog? I mean, I worry I may be still foggy beyond my allotted time. I'll just subscribe anyway and see what happens
                            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

We drank differently and we recover differently, STL. Welcome aboard !

Comment

Working...
                              X