Nourishing Broth: An Old-Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nourishing Broth: An Old-Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World

by Sally Fallon Morell, Kaayla T. Daniel.

I read her other cookbook, Nourishing Traditions, many years ago and I thought it was interesting. I was still a practicing vegetarian at the time, so I read it more out of curiosity. But with so many of my friends and family fighting cancer and other debilitating illnesses, I decided it was time to do some serious research with an open mind. That led me to this book.

This has only a handful of recipes. It is more about the science behind bone broths, and why they are so important to the functioning of the body. While I still eat mainly a plant based diet, I am going to give some of these broths a try. I have some hurdles to cross, mainly psychological, but she makes so much sense. I'll be curious if our more science-literate folks here can give me any insight into whether her theory is correct. All I know is that I do believe that poor nutrition is responsible for many illnesses and addictions, so I'm willing to give this a shot.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Sounds a worthy read Mossy.

I'm not a science or nutrition boffin, but i've been around long enough to know that poor nutrition and fuelling ourselves regularly with fast foods, processed foods, pesticide treated unwashed fruit and veg, no regular water intake to flush the body of the toxins, too many fizzy drinks, causes us to get sick and diseases of all sorts can set in.

As a species, we have hundreds/thousands of years of experience (much like MWO lol) and info about what foods are best for us. In these times of fast foods, macca's, kfc, a super processed toxic chemically laden (chemicals linked to cancer) frozen lasagna or pie from the supermarket/7-11 into a microwave for a quick fix, we have to search hard for the real info.

I know buying organic is best, but can be expensive. Grow our own where possible. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

MR - I have been thinking of bone broth - I know that MHP uses it as part of her cancer treatment and to support her chemo and radiation. I have no doubt NS will be along to share some of her wisdom too...thanks for the resource, I will be looking into this..
      making broth from the turkey carcass as we speak - we all love it and it is the first thing asked for when a cold is starting to show its ugly head!
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
      X