Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Mod Thread

Wow, where is everyone?

Hey modders. I used to post a long time ago but turned into a lurker I suppose. Thought I would chime in here since it is so quiet. Hope to see more modders posting soon. Hope you are doing well Stewarts and thanks for starting the December thread!

Comment

Thanks Ducky, yeah I'm doing well. I am modding ok, I kind of want to go al free for awhile, but my social life is getting in the way. With that said, it's actually not that bad. The only friends I feel compelled to drink with out my grad school ffiends; it's usually after a study session. So all and all, I think I am doing ok...

Comment

Hello all.

I think it's okay to plan to drink a little bit during the holidays, as that is what people do.

Thanksgiving was just fine, stayed well within moderation, and really in the big picture that's better anyway, so why not.

Comment

Yeah Gaupo, I agree. The last few weeks I found myself drinking a little more than usual...for the most part, I was modding fine, and the embellishes were just beer... I had finals coming up, a lot of us were doing studying sessions....then going out... Stats was a big final we were all worried about...SO I had two finals on Sunday Stats and Econ... I know what I got in Stats and I got an A in the class. I am sure Econ is the same, the third class I just have to write a paper. Anyway, we all went out afterwards. Nothing terrible late or crazy, but I do recall a shot being passed around. Anyway, I am glad that semester is over. I have made a lot of new friends, but I need a break. I really want to get back into the healthier habits I usually have.... I think I just had to let this chapter close... My next semester doesn't start until January. Our first class of the semester is a four day thing, and usually not terrible hard. We stay at a hotel....people are ALREADY talking about getting sh@#faced for the four days. I need to think what I want to do. I don't plan on getting s@#canned, but I'm even wondering if I'm going to hang out or hide in my room...we shall see.. :-)

j.

Comment

I do miss you all. I hope you're well. Out holiday party was last night. I thought I was bad the time I went home, I now find out there was a crew out until 4am! I did not do that. My friend at work got bombed and started a fight with me, female. It's a long story, we're close and people thing there's something going on between us. She's married, in a bad marriage, to an alcoholic, ironically. We have never acting on our feelings, which is good. Anyway, she started yelling at me and we walked outside, her still yelling at me...she was making no sense, I tried to calm her down and the she stumbled. I realized I couldn't help her, so I went back to the bar. I hung out a little more, then a crew wanted to get a lite bite. so I did, with some more drinking, then I took a cab home, and apparently the others went out to 4am.

I saw my friend this morning, she is not in good shape. I asked her how she got home, she blacked out. She said someone woke her up on the train. She then got home, put the stove on to cook something, and forgot about it! Someone came in and turned it off for her. Her recollection of yelling at me was minimal, she remembers, but not really, I told her not to worry about it. I told her she was too long gone for me to help her and felt bad leaving her, but I didn't know what to do...I wasn't sober either. She gave me hung and told me she was ok, just feels like crap.

I kind of feel like crap too. Reason for the story, while I was probably better behaved than most of my peers, I really did not like being in this situation. It was really ugly, she was being really ugly, it hurt. I didn't tell her how bad it was. One of the reasons I even stayed out, was to have other people remembering me hanging out with them that night... Anyway, this is really having me question drinking, even modding, and there was no modding last night. I usually pass on our Christmas parties because my boss encourages sh@#show behavior...he was the ring leader of the 4am campaign apparently, I am glad I did what I did, going home....but this is just not fun anymore... even for the let's say 50 times of modding great, the one day of not, is just not worth it.

Comment

hello
              It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas HO HO HO

What a time to mod, finished work till next year and thinking of drink, must not must not. Cant even go up the forest with my wee dog as he's still not quite got over his illness, poor thing.

Writing on MWO takes my mind off it how about everybody else?

Comment

Manis ctreet preachers

What a cracking song the Manics have with Europa, check it out but the words are a bit gloomy.

So messed up the world turns grey
                  All washed up with debts to pay
                  It's agony sheer agony
                  The way your life just fades away

That's depression for you, no thanks. Don't feel like a drink now.

Always remembered for Richard Edwards disappearance and the way the band kept going with only three. They kept going to pay for Richards Priory stay but didn't work out for him in the end .

James as always is superb taking over the vocals and playing lead.

Lash

Comment

Manic street preachers obviously, must learn to type one day.

Comment

As usual I'm cooking on Christmas day for in-laws and brother in law, my family is in Scotland so only 5 with another 5 on Boxing day, Sister in law, boyfriend and niece. They think I can cook just because I have a GH.

I'm going to make the stuffing a little bit different this year by adding corn flakes, rind of a lemon, cranberrys, apple and anything else I can think of.

Any more tips out there?

Comment

My big holiday I cook for his XMAS Eve, which is a little different...it's all seafood...technically you're supposed to have 7, I have about 5, I may add two little things to round it out...we shall see...

j.

Comment

Comment

I also love seafood Stewarts, being brought up on an Island off mainland Scotland didn't have much choice, as long as it's not overcooked. Our boxing treat is a family meal at our local Ghurkha restaurant when I'm home.

Nice one guapo on Gordon Keith, he's right we can all remember waking up and wondering what happened. Too many for me. And who remembers the last party?
                            After a company Christmas doo a few years ago I left after trying to empty the contents of the bar looking for a taxi and fell into a river, good job it was only 3 inches deep about a fortnight later it was 6 feet deep and moving!

Practised and didn't like the corn flake stuffing too much, think I'll stick to the original stuffing for Christmas.

Lash

Comment

I actually did pull off the seven fishes, which is really seven seafood servings, it's not seven actual fishes. This is the first day back at work in a few days. I really only had one kind of bad drinking day in the past week. I was actually modding fine, but then a friend brought something into the mix that I don't do anymore, and was reminded why - this particular substance simply, well, it simply makes me sick now.... Anyway, a little too much eating, so above everything, need to get on a better nutritional regiment now that the holidays are sort of over. I am not worries about NYE, I rarely do much, it's such an amateur night out, especially in NYC...I'm fine staying home...or leaving my apartment after midnight, walking by the neighborhood bars seeing all the aftermath...(usually end up going home with someone the times I've done that....LOL!!)

j.

Comment

Working...
                              X