fryday 16th...the weekend starts here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fryday 16th...the weekend starts here

morning all...and how are we today then?all good I hope..weather still rubbish over here...keep getting headaches fro some reason too..not too clever..just seem to be getting more frequent recently and I hate to be taking pills..got a dose of cbas too (cant be arsed!!) so think one follows the other!anyways we all revved up fo the weekend? lets see...

tea and coffeee on the stove..so here we go...

morning Lav... wie geht es dir heute? alles gut..just thought Id chuck that in seeing as where you live !!glad you are feeling better..its just started snowing again here..but its that stuff that gets you wet if you get my drift...here you go..a large recovery brew...hope you enjoy the show looks pretty good...apart from the $10 parking!!

hiya ns....apologies yep you have been a around longer ..oops!! no wonder my head is nipping ..Im doing these puzzles too..some of them are really mad..I knew the bike one ..only it was a push bike....

hiya pauly..hows you then today??on your way thru your 10000 steps...and hows yer dongle today then :thumbsup: heard about the chinese woman with different sized boobs? Wun Hung Lo...you have a great day..any plans for the weekend?

Aye aye ppqp...(crap joke!!!) how are you today hows the eye doing today ?is it any better? by the way ..your post yesterday....Must orf to get ready as well. Have a Terrific AF Tuesday all and all to come. go on tell me what weve missed?

hiya Sam ..hows you today then?glad the teasers are a wake up mate....so you out croonin and tooning?interesting about the eyes...I know it isnt really related apart from the senses but I was reading about the diff between taste and flavour and the experiments..put that into google ..it is good.

hiya tt..wow that as short and sweet!!!glad all is well...

hiya narilly....its another warm one...arrgh..when we used to go out to batus..we used to try and get on the earlier exercises on the plains ex Medicine Man they were called and probably still are..we used to try and get on 3s and 4s..weather was lovely ..time you got to 7 it was freezing Oct Nov!!glad you like the puzzles.

hiya sl..well here you go teegif is here for you ..could it perchance be poets too?see the 2 guys made it to the top of yon mountain..spent 8 months prepping for it jeez!!you any plands for the weekend ..not in that line tho?

hiya pie..hows you this fine day?Idont know if you are into kindles etc for reading...but if you are ..and for anyone else to..there is a great site called http://bookzz.org/ you can download books from here .just looked and gray mountain is on it...The format for e readers is usually mobi....so down load the book in its format ..epub or whatever then get a converter online (free)to convert it to mobi ...job done then transfer it to your e reader..I do it all the time!! for anyone interested let me know....

right folks time to go....so here we go.......

Yo mama so short she poses for trophies!

Yo mama so short you can see her feet on her drivers lisence!

Yo mama so short she has to use a ladder to pick up a dime.

Yo mama so short she can play handball on the curb.

Yo mama so short she does backflips under the bed.

Yo mama so short she models for trophys.

Yo mama's glasses are so thick that when she looks on a map she can see people waving.

Yo mama's glasses are so thick she can see into the future.

I left some Quorn in the supermarket the other day. I went back and asked, "Have you seen my vegetarian mince?"

The shop assistant replied, "No, but walk up and down and I'll give you my honest opinion".

When my son came home from school, I showed him a bucket of water.

"I'm sorry son. Your snowman has died"

My flock of sheep were stolen from my farm last month.

I've not been able to sleep since.

I was riding a horse yesterday and its leg broke, so I had to shoot it.

All the other kids on the carousel started screaming.

My son is cold and calculating

I've turned the heating off whilst he does his maths homework.

As I stood at the bus stop having a smoke, I was surprised to see the bus leaving before its scheduled time.

I could've sworn I put the f.cking handbrake on.

c5fc86064b.jpg does this mean its the wrong shop?

As I stood at the bus stop having a smoke, I was surprised to see the bus leaving before its scheduled time.
    I thought I d put the bloody handbrake on!!

puzzle

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out
    what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary, you'd think
    nothing was wrong with it and in fact, nothing is wrong with it.
    It IS unusual, why? Study it. Think about it and you may find
    out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit,
    it will dawn on you. So jump to it! Try your skill at figuring it
    out! Good Luck - Don't blow your cool!

what are the next 3 letters in the sequence ottffss......

why are 2013 dollars worth more than 2012 dollars?

you chase a horse into a forest....how far in will it get?

HARD PUZZLE....Take 9 from 6,10 from 9 and then 50 from 40........your answer is 6 can you work it out?
    Last edited by Mick; January 16, 2015, 11:12 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and MAE to all to come....

Yup definitely have a lot on my mind as I know it was Thursday yesterday.
    Eye pretty sore this morning and still can't see out of it.
    Doc has me on an oral anti inflammatory so am preparing myself to swallow 12 pills.
    Have to take all 12 at the same time once a day for 5 days. Yuck!
    Low tire pressure light came on yesterday so looks like I have a tire to deal with today as well.
    Sorry this post is all about me, feeling exhausted so will post again from work. LOL
    Have a Fabulous AF Friday all.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, jeez PPQP 12 pills!!!I'd die,what causes that eye problem?Will you be able to work and stuff?skipped my walk this morning, but am wearing work out clothes so maybe I'll squeeze some fitness in somewhere maybe me and Louie will pop in a exercise DVD,I used to exercise with my kids when they were toddlers all the time,I'm starving!!!fasting sucks, I'm gonna buy a Subway on the way and inhale it after the blood is drawn, Mick,I have the cba's too I need to do so much around here today but it sounds like crap,I want to go to the dollar store and get some Valentine's day decs,I'm gonna start decorating the house for each holiday just to keep me in the moment, make me happy and have something to look forward to, TT,your post yesterday got me thinking about you, are you sure everything is ok?you're one of my mentors here and I like when you're engaged in the thread,but maybe you just have other things going on, I'll shush up and quit nosing around did I mention I'm starving? I hate that tummy growling feeling, how'd the music session go Sam?did the fog clear SL?tbh I love walking in fog,it's almost afantasy world, well shoot, off to dry my hair and get ready for the vampire, everyone have a super sober Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Darn, why did I start reading this thread and find these brain teasers?? These have me stumped and now I'll have them in the back of my mind all day!!!

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out
        what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary, you'd think
        nothing was wrong with it and in fact, nothing is wrong with it.
        It IS unusual, why? Study it. Think about it and you may find
        out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit,
        it will dawn on you. So jump to it! Try your skill at figuring it
        out! Good Luck - Don't blow your cool!

HARD PUZZLE....Take 9 from 6,10 from 9 and then 50 from 40........your answer is 6 can you work it out?
        I certainly think of you often, Mick :smile:!

Comment

I'm telling you NS,those are hard! Don't tell Mick but I quickly scroll past those haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ns..there are 2 ways I think to do the maths one..had to look at the answers for one of them!!!

10923208_10152639005842503_2931315750012900994_n.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I JUST FIGURED OUT THE PARAGRAPH :yay:!!! BUT STILL STRUGGLING WITH THE MATH... :eek-new:

Comment

Morning - well I can see my house for first time this week - fog still here, but we can see!
                TGIF for sure and off for the three days - not why the calendar has writing all over it though - not sure that being off means much - just a different work!!
                New glasses in - so maybe that was cause for fog??? Will need to go see what horror I chose when eyes were dilated!
                Handyman just called with his plan - and sounds good....just little jobs today - I will own house in June all being well, and then maybe I can start on the big jobs...or have someone do them for me as I am not Pie (or Mick)!!

PPQ - so sorry about your eye, that sounds rough and a little scary - I am not sure if you wrote, but do they know what caused it??
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi SL and Pauly.....

It is triggered by stress. Dealing with my son over Xmas would fall in that category!!!
                  Usually it comes on gradually and I can stop it in it's tracks.
                  This time I was fine one day and boom full blown attack.
                  I am amazed I was able to get a CT scan this quick. Mind you if the retina has separated I'll need surgery to fix it.

Mick...it's a slow work day today so am going to back to finish reading your post and figure out the paragraph.

:sad: I can't get any of the puzzels!
                  Last edited by porqoui; January 16, 2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Gosh,that is so scary that stress can trigger such a reaction! I hope it goes away,we don't want surgery, try and get some rest this weekend

Comment

Evening all
                      Sorry to read of your eye condition PQ, lets hope it gets on with the mend. Retina detachment is some serious stuff. Listen to Dr. Pauly, rest sounds like the right medicine. I went to the eye doc myself today. A month ago I was toying with the idea of lasik surgery and decided against it. Got my prescription on glasses updated and the reading portion of my bifocals were not quite right on the new glasses. Hopefully got that straightened out today.

Buddy of mine got a new banjo this week so we're having a banjo release party this weekend. Tunes and wisecracks will be on order tomorrow. Looking forward to both.

be well everyone
                      Sam
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

NS, the paragraph teaser still has me stumped, but will take another look. PQ, sorry about your eye, and glad you sought treatment so quickly. Pauly, maybe you get some points for just wearing workout clothes? SL, hope the glasses are a nice complement to your Carole King hair, and that your small projects turnout well.

I had a wonderful day at work! The kind I wish to keep in mind on the not-so-wonderful days. I was in the presence of talented string musicians and, in another group, dancers, all practicing for upcoming competitions. Lucky me, for sure!

Mick, I do have a kindle, and appreciate your suggestion.

Hi, to you too, Sam.

Comment

Here's my lame guess on the unusual paragraph. It uses the pronoun,"it", twelve times.

Next three letters to ottffss, are e,n,t

Off to work on the math...

Comment

Look for what isn't in the paragraph, Pi :smile:.

Comment

Thanks, NS! I'll take another look.

Don't know how to approach math problem; you're on your own with that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X