friday 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 13th

oh no Fri 13th ..its pouring down with rain and out again this morning!!how are you all then?good hopefully...weekend is here again yeehah ..anyone got any big plans?well the thing i was at yesterday the BBC news turned up for...didnt know they were coming otherwise would have done my hair!!so was all over the local news last night!!anway time presses on so lets have a brew....

morning pauly ..how are you today?glad to see you back...hope everything is ok with you ..

hiya pie ..nope thats not a spanish snail..no long droopy moustache!!:thumbsup: That door is lovely....really smart love acid etched glass..theres an old pub not so far from us..now an I ndian restaurant and they have got a cracking window..acid etched...and design but says "the snug" days gone when it was a pub....look nice in my conservatory door..hmmmmmmmm

hiya det..hey mate hows you ?cold be right there with the ocd tho it could be touch and go between ocd and odd (destruction )at times!!

hiya ppqp...deal...get the kettle on for the stampede ..me n my beautiful assistant will be there ...clear yer diary pie!!

hiya mrs molls hows you today then?whats Erins green valleys got to offer today then?you any plans for the weekend?

Hiya Lav..brew time ...and how was long wood yesterday?more inspiration?bought quite a few seeds last night ..now to get them planted...

hey sam bear and all other regs..where is you all? no matter as long as things r ok..you have a good weekend!!

You know you're a woman when you hear the word 'flats' and think shoes, not apartments

It's been about a billion years since I've exaggerated anything.

I had an accident earlier opening an ice cream tub.

I trapped my finger in the Carte D'Or.

I don't believe that saying about people looking like their pets.

Unless Robbie Williams has a pet Herman Munster.

I ran a "Race For Life" today.

It nearly killed me.

North Korea has threatened South Korea via fax.

I don't think I'd feel that threatened by a country that still uses a fax machine.

I've just bought a holiday home in the Everglades, Florida.

It's in a gatored community.

A woman who was driving down the highway pulled over to the side of the road when the policeman driving behind her turned on his lights and siren.

She didn't have her seat belt on so as soon as she stopped, she quietly and hurriedly slipped it on before the officer got to her window.

After talking to her about speeding, the officer said, "I see you are wearing your seat belt. Do you believe in wearing it at all times?"

"Yes, I do, officer," she politely replied.

"Interesting," said the officer. "Do you always loop it through your steering wheel like that?"

I must be getting older. Lately, all I'm looking for is a one-night sit.

I shouted abuse at some cows and all I got back were blank stares.

So I yelled, "You herd!"

The dog was sitting next to his owner at the movies. He was barking excitedly and wagging his tail every time the hero was on screen, and growling ferociously every time the villain appeared.
    The man sitting behind them, totally fascinated by what he sees, taps the owner on the shoulder and says, "Excuse me, that dog is extraordinary. I've never seen anything like it before."
    "I'm surprised too," says the dog's owner. "He hated the book."

A blonde asked someone what time it was, and they told her it was 4:45. The blonde, with a puzzled look on her face replied,

"You know, it's the weirdest thing, I have been asking that question all day, and each time I get a different answer."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

just whizzing in before work, i drank 2 glasses of wine yesterday v colleagues, I think i was hungry and tired,up since 545 and train at 1755 was cancelled.Not excuses just trying to work out what went wrong for me,I think it was the group bonding missing out thing.
    Keeping my eyes peeled next time,I'm away at music do this weekend which i have done several times sober and friend knows i am on medication so I don't feel wobbly about that.This completely blind sided me and I'm trying to focus on picking myself up/i haven't lost all of those days of sobriety - I let my ' i can just have 1' voice BS win - and you know what I feel crap on a small amount so whether i had one or one hundred doesn't matter.I don't want to make myself feel crap anymore.Long busy day at work today too.
    Hope you're all good.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday the 13th

Sunny & freezing at the moment but the days do warm up to the 50's - good sign of Spring here in these parts.
      Yesterday's trip to Longwood was nice, the orchid displays are just fabulous http://longwoodgardens.org/events-an...d-extravaganza
      I did come home with a few packages of heirloom seeds but will force myself to wait a while before planting!!!

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
      So, do we get a chance to see you on TV?? Wouldn't that be interesting? Ha ha!!

Bear, it's all about choices.
      You & only you decide how you are going to treat yourself!

Greetings to everyone & wishing for a wonderful AF day for all! Pauly, good to see you checked in yesterday

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
        doing ok here, just been doing a financial freak out here lately. It may be that I will have to disconnect from the internet for awhile. Trying to do the financial balancing act. Other than that, things look like spring coming on and the busy season of spring projects coming up.

Thanks for the kickoff Mick, you always got to be ready for your public!! Suggest you pack pocket mousse for that next time.

Lav, things getting any drier your way? Rain tonight so I hear and an ugly rumor of another snow later in the month. I'd like to think that only as a rumor.

Bear, here's hoping you get er figured out, it really is a choice (as Lav said)

be well everyone
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I feel terrific this morning, for no particular reason. Not sure what the day ahead may hold, but happy to have a clean slate, and a clear head.

Coffee for me, please Mick, and thank you. Yes, the etched glass really appeals to me. The door in yesterday's pic is one of a pair; I put the other one on a closet. Could be nice to have some glass in your conservatory door, as the sunlight would shine through it.

Lav, are your heirloom seeds for tomatoes?

Bear, a cocktails with colleagues situation would be challenging for me. Probably an invitation best declined at this stage of my game.

PQ, it's rodeo season here. Maybe something like your stampede, though I'll have to look it up.

Hi Pauly! Hi Det! You too, Sam!

Comment

Mae everybody,thanks for the jokes Mick,Lav,Longwood looks nice, Bear,at least you're honest with us and yourself, don't let that little set back give you permission to say"wtf I blew it may as well keep on"as I did last week I found myself in a horrible state of mind, sad too cuz of all of my support/friends on MWO only 1 person personally checked on me oh well at least on this thread I was asked about, ugh,had weird dreams last nite, one of a hurricane, another of me and Louie precariously perched over a sink hole,woke up terrified, also dreamt of mymom twice, hope she's not coming down for a visit haha,Sam,I hope you don't have to cut out your internet would be a drag without you here!Hello to Pie,PPQP, Det everybody else, let's have a nice Friday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
              morning all
              doing ok here, just been doing a financial freak out here lately. It may be that I will have to disconnect from the internet for awhile.
              Sam, Try googling "free internet service." I did, and came up with FreedomPop. Free internet up to 1GB monthly of data with the one-time purchase of modem/router for $49. I've since upgraded to 5GB for $12/mo. It's working well for me and my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                well the thing i was at yesterday the BBC news turned up for...didnt know they were coming otherwise would have done my hair!!so was all over the local news last night!!
                So, I've checked the BBC headlines, and have narrowed down the possibilities to the following:

A. Boss of Kiltwalk Charity Resigns
                B. Man Spends Night on Parliament Roof
                C. The Duchess Goes to Downton
                D. Mum Roasts Son's Footie Tickets with Chicken Dinner.

What say you, Mick? At which event were you having a bad hair day? :happy2:

Comment

Good Morning everyone.

Bear, lets see if you can get another 50 days under your belt. Don't drink this weekend!

Raining Mick? Today it is going up to +18C which is freakin amazing.

Have a great sober day everyone.
                  Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                  "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

narilly ..tried to send you this as a pm ..but no room in your message box

one month till 12 month....well done you :welldone::thumbsup:

pie.....nope none of themmm.....BBC Local area !!!

bear you were doing so well..thought you had cracked it this time....the secret of making mistakes is to learn by them.... :allgood:
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....such a late post Mick has posted twice!

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Wouldn't it be great to hookup for stampede. Don't think I've ever been to the stampede while not drinking. It's a 10 drunk fest all over the city.

Bear...you continue to focus on picking yourself up. You're right you haven't lost all those AF days. Onward to the next 50.

Lav...loved the link to longwood gardens, thanks.

Sam...that balancing act can be rough. Hope you sort it out. Like Pi's suggestion, maybe it'll work for you.

Pi...most rodeos around here are a weekend event...not Calgary, they gotta go a whole 10 days. City basically shuts down. Trust Mick to get on only local tv.

Pauly...sorry you were feeling let down about people not checking on you. I personally don't do a lot of PM'ing, I'd rather share experiences with everyone. You never know someone else may be feeling the same way. Glad you're back on track.

Narilly...what a gorgeous day eh? Threats of a rain/snow mix for Sunday but I think we're over the hump (knock wood). Enjoy this weather.

Taking advantage of this weather and BBQ'ing tonight. Have a peaceful evening all and all who drop in......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                        Sam, Try googling "free internet service." I did, and came up with FreedomPop. Free internet up to 1GB monthly of data with the one-time purchase of modem/router for $49. I've since upgraded to 5GB for $12/mo. It's working well for me and my budget.
                        Thanks Pi, I looked at my area and can only get 3G, good enough for phone but no so sure about internet. Certainly for the cell phones, I'm going to look into it.

Sam
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Alooooha Friday the 13th ABeroooos!

extra hugs for Pauly and Bear xxxxxxxxx

I'm looking at social scenes a bit different these days. i used to feel VERY left out and very much
                          that 'weirdo' that didn't party like everyone else. Now I'm learning to embrace my 'inner weirdo' LOL
                          really I am. I'ts just a quirk that makes me different. and I'm happy with it, very happy indeed.
                          There are folks in all of our communities that are amputees, or have terminal illness that somehow manage to
                          have genuine gratitude and take life by the horns. They aren't making it up. They are clear-minded
                          enough to see the truth that their condition doesn't mean a damn thing in the grand scheme of things.
                          There's a wonderful gift of freedom in seeing this.

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det - that is brilliant,I love it,I'm going to use that.Thank you.
                            one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                            X