Glad to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to be back

Hey..anybody out there? I use to be -143...when they moved I wasn't able to login....but I'm back...lol.

Today is my first AF day in 2 weeks...hope I can sleep tonight.

It's really good to be back...I can't remember any names but maybe somebody remembers me...but if not that's ok...let's get this forum back in action!😘

Sounds good

Comment

Well...I made it through the night! Tossed and turned and a bit itchy but I did it! I have to say I'm looking forward to day two AF.

I've been looking for a part-time job...I'm sure if I'm busy that will give me something else to do besides thinking about drinking or not drinking.

Have a great day....no matter what!!!

Comment

Glad to hear you made it through Blue.I hope that you have enjoyed your day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
          Glad to hear you made it through Blue.I hope that you have enjoyed your day.
          Thanks Stevo! I did! Day 2 was a bit easier....I always take one benadryl at night because of food allergies...but last night I took 2. I slept really well! Working on Day 3. My goal is to only drink on the weekends. But who knows...I haven't had this many days in a row in a long....time. Maybe I won't drink Friday either....this feels great! And very liberating!

Have a great day...and thanks for logging in and talking to me!😁

Comment

Hey there blue1 - just popping in to say welcome back! I totally agree, not drinking is very liberating and feels great! Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
              Hey there blue1 - just popping in to say welcome back! I totally agree, not drinking is very liberating and feels great! Keep it up
              Thanks Frances!

Comment

Well...I didn't make it to Friday...but I only had 3 beers...no brandy. I think I found another trigger for me. My sister came down to get her hair done by my daughter. And I usually sit and talk with them while drinking. The closer it got to her showing up the the more I wanted to drink,but the weird thing is that she doesn't drink...she'll be AF for 2 years on August 7th. And I don't even drink in front of her. So...it is probably just a habit. Her next hair appointment I'll make sure I have a plan if it's not the weekend 😊

I was feeling sad about it but I didn't get drunk and I slept good.

Today will be AF for sure!

Have a great day to whoever reads this!

Comment

Definitely don't beat yourself up about it Blue.I would say that you moderated well.

Have a great day too.

Comment

Definitely don't beat yourself up about it Blue.I would say that you moderated well.

Have a great day too.

Thanks...how are you doing?

Comment

I am good thanks Blue,I am quite busy with a course that I am doing and have a pretty cruisy life.I actually don't feel like I have much of an issue with AL anymore due to taking baclofen and hitting my switch.I drink on the weekends and have been able to do that with no real issues for a few months now.I spent 2 years abstinent prior to hitting my switch.I found life in complete abstinence to be a whole different kind of nightmare to be living through.
                      I had a bit of a wake up call with drinking a couple of weeks ago when I was tapering down on the bac to try to see if I could get by on a maintenance dose where I drank much more than normal but have since began to titrate back up.I actually think that I wont have to go up any further as everything seems to be under control again.I drank last weekend with the same indifference that I have become used to.
                      I try not to say too much unless it is in the medication section of the forum as I truly don't feel that I have a battle with AL anymore.I am no longer enslaved by it and now have the control.Although I have been a text book drunk and do fully understand the plight of the active or newly recovering alcoholic,I can no longer relate to the struggle.I do not feel in any way confined to what is considered mainstream or conventional recovery ideals.

Well that turned out a bit longer than I had planned but will give you a little insight into who I am.

It is nice to be conversing and I look forward to reading your posts,I hope that you have a great day...

Cheers Stevo.

Comment

I JUST LOST A LONG POST!!!!

I'm depressed this morning....cause my daughter treated me like shit yesterday.

Comment

I wanted to make sure the wasn't going to loose my post.

Yea...my daughter was supposed to be home by 5pm....she didn't get her until almost 9pm. I was babysitting her 5 year old daughter....her 7month old son was with his other grandmother.

I'm glad I didn't have more brandy in the house cause I know I would have drank more than I wanted to. She and her crap was the reason why started drinking heavy in the first place....3 years ago. All of that is somewhere in some old post when I was -143.

Anyway I hope today is better.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Comment

Damn,it sucks when you write a huge post and then lose it.

Comment

Damn,it sucks when you write a huge post and then lose it.
                              Yes it does! How's it going Stevo?

Comment

Working...
                              X