I don't want to be totally AF......,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to be totally AF......,

Please join me here if you just want to get some AF days in for the month! Maybe we can help each other!!!

I am very interested to see where this goes blue.
    Good luck and hopefully it can gain some regular contributors.

Comment

Hi Blue - I'm not aiming to just get "some" AF days in for a month -my goal is to have "mostly" AF days. I want to be someone who just drinks on one or two occasions per month, if at all. Just to be able to have a drink when there is a group event or special occasion where I would really like to do it. So far I have found that this is working ok for me. I had a couple of vacations in July where I drank more frequently than that (but usually only one drink, never more than two), but now that those are over, I don't expect to be drinking any time soon.

If I drink any more than that, I know (because I've been there) that I will go back down that slope and wind up where I was before. I never want to get drunk and out of control again.

Comment

Thanks for posting Stevo and Frances!

My goal is to only drink on the weekends and special occasions.
        I know 30 days is recommended....but that sounds like a life time.

When I was posting before and had nonjudgemental support I was doing great! My calendar had beautiful pink highlights all over the place! To at least get back there would be great for now!

Have a successful day!!!

Comment

Hi Blue. Been flwg you on other other threads. I, too. Hesitate to,post as I still drink so thanks for starting this thread. Like you, I want to do better, but I don't necessarily want to be AF.
          Presently, am on a trip to MN. Golfing most days, celebrated hubby's 70th b.d. yest. What? I'm married to a 70 yo? As the dr. says and I keep reminding him, he is way above average.

We get home Mon the 10th. Looking forward to putting big X on calendar for AF days. Anybody mind if I keep track here also?

TMH
          The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

blue1,

Good for you for starting this post. If folks can post (at least weekly) to encourage each other to be accountable with drinking moderately, then it can be a very good thing. My problem personally (despite the HUGE desire) to drink moderately, is I couldn't control my drinking. So, most times I could drink only two and then other times (never knew when it would happen) two would just not suffice. "What, I finished my second drink? Well...that's a bummer! That went down w--a--y too fast. I'll just have a third (guilt)...even though I swore to myself I wouldn't go over two.". Time passes "Hubby went to the bathroom. I'll just top this 3rd glass off". And before I knew it (despite my very sincere intentions to have no more than two) I'd be on my 4th or 5th. If others can really stop (white knuckling it got to be old for me) when they need to so they aren't hung over without remorse, regrets, etc. than go for it. Hold each other up. Be accountable. Post a lot to help each other keep your goals.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!) :love:
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hi again - I need to get off of here and do some work today lol...blue I saw the thread you started about being addicted to MWO - yes, that is definitely a real addiction!

Anyway I just wanted to say hi to ToMyHealth and also suggest something to blue - one thing I have found helps me a lot is to not have alcohol in my house. Well, not the kind I like anyway - my husband still drinks butI don't go for what he drinks (vodka) so it hasn't bothered me. Anyway, if you can get it out of your house and then only buy very limited amounts for the weekend (like even those single servings) you might be more successful. Just a thought!

TMH I was in MN last week - my parents both grew up in southeastern MN and so I went to visit with some aunts, uncles and cousins - it was great! They all love to golf too :-)

Comment

Hi TMH....

I remember you from the mod squad....I use to be -143.

Thanks so much for posting here!!!!

Definitely keep posting......I sooo need this!!!

Comment

Thanks Frances! That's a good idea!

Comment

Thanks for the support Addy!!!

Comment

I'm going to Olive Garden this evening to help my little sister celebrate her 2 year sobriety birthday!!!

So I know I won't be drinking until tonight....which means I'll drink less.

This will be interesting not drinking in a restaurant that serves AL. My sister says it's cool if we want to drink...,but I would never do that! This is her celebration not mine!
                      I'm going to eat good tho....lol

Have a successful day guys!!!

Comment

Good for you for starting your own thread Blue.

We are all here to support one another. No matter what.

Hey, maybe you won't want to drink after having your belly full of delicious food so go all out! I've never been to Olive Garden so let us know what you orderered and how it went and congrats to your Sister!!

Comment

Originally posted by briseus View Post
                          Good for you for starting your own thread Blue.

We are all here to support one another. No matter what.

Hey, maybe you won't want to drink after having your belly full of delicious food so go all out! I've never been to Olive Garden so let us know what you orderered and how it went and congrats to your Sister!!
                          Never been to an O live Garden? I find that hard to believe. I love it there!

Comment

Well...I didn't drink at the restaurant....it wasn't weird at all. I just drank my lemon water....got stuffed on endless salad and breadsticks. I only nibbled my sampler tray. Which was fried calamari...clam stuffed mushrooms and fried zucchini.

I had two beers and a couple sips of brandy and called it a night.

TMH- hope you are having fun on your golfing trip.

Will check in later.

Have a successful day!

Comment

Hey blue, as promised I'm popping in. Seems like this May pan out for you.
                              How was the Olive Garden? Is your sister feeling better?

Comment

Working...
                              X