Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Sunday October 4th

Good morning Abbers, happy Sunday to all

I have a busy day ahead putting on a birthday party for the old man here so you know where I'll be, ha ha!!
    Coffee & cupcakes for everyone!

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
    I'll check back in tonight.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

hiya folks tis I ...not doing so great ...puters broke ..in the shop till the 11th..my leg aint working too grand either..according to the great doctor google via Julie I have pulled /torn something ...weather gorgeous ..but aint doing too much..I cant else the wrath of her who must be obeyed will visit me ...back in the morning on the other puter have a great weekend...did you know this is the last October 4th before Chrimbo ???
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, wait where the hell is everybody? Mick,rest your poor knee up my bougie is bald btw,still has green leaves but not one single flower Lav,I'll take a cupcake,have a fun day,supposed to rain a bit today but I don't trust the weather guy anymore, he's a liar! Pie,pea soup sounds so good,I should Google a recipe,I'm sure only hubs and I would eat it though,sorry about the heater PPQP,always something, Det,always good to see you,hi Sam,well orf ta the store and get groceries,,,, yippee, hope we all have an ace Sunday Mick REST UP
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yikes forgot to say hi to Bear,hi Bear
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone,have good party lav and hope cakes are yumm,save me one please.
          been to yoga,and worked really hard,sweaty glasses!Back now moving into bedroom and feeling shaky,stressed and overwhelmed about TOMORROW

Did some breathing and thought about today,and not trying to do everything that I need to do next week tomorrow.Today is a good day, I need to stay in it.
          I keep thinking is the next negative/tricky thing i deal with going to be the one that pushes me too far.Think i'm just needing a break,and needing to stay in the now.
          one day at a time

Comment

Forgot to say. ...Lav hope the partygoes well. ...bear so youtried that breathing did you? Makes you feel alive doesn't it:thumbsup:
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi, Abbers :smile:

2 of my fall trips down and several to go. We had a great "Girl's weekend" and I'm just so glad I'm willing to plan this kind of event again. Man was I boring for several years!!

I'm sorry your computer and knee are acting up at the same time, Mick - totally Not Fair! I hope they both repair quickly and completely.

Bear, hope you can stay in the moment as much as possible. One trick I learned several years ago (from my Grandmother, from whom I apparently inherited the worrier gene) was to set aside a time of day for about 10 minutes during which you can worry about anything you want. You can obsess and catastrophize to your heart's content. Then, you're done. At other times of the day when those thoughts intrude, you push them aside for "later" when your scheduled worry time comes. It really helps! It's better than denying that the worries exist or letting them take over your day.

It sounds like you're feeling pretty good, Pauly. That's so good to hear. xx NS

Comment

thanks NS I will give that a go,booking in my worry time!
                Better now I've eaten - sticky toffee pudd and pizza did the trick
                one day at a time

Comment

Glad you had a good time n's. ....This is being done on my phone

Comment

Hi Gang,

Posting from your phone is a pretty good trick in a pinch, Mick. Take care of your knee.

Lav, the pea soup tasted scrumptious, and looking forward to leftovers. Think I'll do onion soup in the near future as it's another one of my favorites. Hope party for YB was fun.

NS, I'm not much of a worrier for the most part, but like your idea of scheduling a limited time for considering troubling ideas.

Sorry to hear about your heating system, PQ. It was a similar, painful amount for me to replace my A/C back in June. The repair guy accepted 1/3 up front, and is letting me make monthly payments on the balance. Maybe you can work something out?

Hey Pauly, Bear, Sam, Det...

My dad's been in the hospital this week for a UTI, so I went up there instead of to his house to watch football with him. Nice visit.

Taking on a new pet assignment Tuesday for a lady whose husband has been deployed overseas for the past 8 months. He's coming back to the US for a couple of weeks, and she's going to visit.

Comment

I tried posting this earlier but hit the wrong button and don't know what happened to it. Things are going good, busy is always better then wondering. Hubby still not working but I am trying not to let that get to me. Will have to wait to see what happens day by day but I appreciate the things I can offer to family and friends being sober. As I say below, looking forward to our regular workouts again.

My bosses stress level just keeps getting higher and my husband says that is not my problem. I can't solve her problems with her employee's. I say "boss" but I am under contract for bookkeeping/accounting, not an employee. I haven't heard from my sister lately but know she will talk when she is ready, and not before. I know I have to deal with myself right now. Good news we started working out again today, so another 3 days a week over the winter, I am looking forward to it. Gives me something to look forward to and aim for. Babysitting the grandkids in November so looking forward to that. Just been really busy lately.

Hope all is well with the nesters.

Karen
                      KAREN

Comment

I posted the other night.....but, don't think it made it to the boards. I did quit the job.....told it wasn't cool to have me scheduled until 8p and have me there until 11p. She understood. Then I kinda had some regrets because we do need the $$...but, I spoke to a gal there and they have had the whole team there until 11p every night. It took full three days for me to feel my feet again....and they have her scheduled for 68 hours next week. I just can't be gone like that with kids who need me. Even though they are 12 and 14.....I saw full on that this is key time to develop them into responsible people. I know I made the right decision.

Lav---there is a big difference between a career and a job. All I want is simple job, right now. I always stayed away from life and death decisions regardless.....that had to be tough.

Bear...you seem to be like me....it is what we call a "brain looper". It goes over and over in your brain....which almost exhuasts you more than the actual "job". You seem to be a "pitta"....me too....but, honestly resorative yoga is the most healing.vs. what we really think.....a cranking out yoga class. Trust me, you'll find restorative way more challenging. My first class.....I thought for sure my mind was going to come out of my body

Pauly....saw that you drank. No worries or speeches. Trust me I was so freaking close. For me a community works better....and as much as I love this place.....I know that I need F2F.....and real people. At least for now. Signed up for an all day meditation retreat on recovery "Against the Stream"....going to the group for "Against the Stream", AA and CR this week and going to decide where I fit best in a "recovery community".

and it cut me off for too many smiley faces....Mick-thank you----NS I know what you mean by boring----Pie hope all is well with your Dad.

No more smiley faces.
                        Last edited by TheSunFlower97; October 4, 2015, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, the party went well.
                          Everyone left by 8:30 tonight so that was extra nice

Mick, sorry about the bum knee & computer - geez!
                          Hope you are both well very soon!!

Karen, nice to see you posting here.
                          Enjoy the grandkids in November!

SF, I did see your post the other night.
                          Quitting that job before it pushed you over the edge probably was the best choice. You are absolutely right, the preteens & young teens do need their parents, alert & on top of things!

Hi to Pauly, bear, NS, PQ, Pie & everyone.
                          Have a great AF night one & all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X