wet wenzdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wet wenzdi

mornin all...wow some weather here today ...its not stopped blowin and raining all night...even kind of hard to get on tinternet this mornin ....so how are we all ? livin it up in the sunshine while we are swimming about here? bloody glad I live on a hill!!Knee is still givin me gyp...Im hoping I dont need surgery...just depends how bad the tear is...but guess I wont be running for a while ..its so frustrating doing nothing!!! moan moan moan...!!..already looking at another holiday in December ..Gran Canaria for a week..fly out 14th ..come back 22nd just in time for me pressies!!

anyways ..brew time

hiya Sam ..hows you tyoday then?all good...thanks for the knee info ..hopefully it will cure on its own...yep you kneed to (get it??) get some pics up if poss ,mate..

Hiya Det ...hope alls well with you today..

NS ...how are you doing?

Hiya ppqp...sent you a pm...but dont stay away too long!!(sure we could turn that into a song)..remember your you time!!

Hiya bear...read your post ..yep we all like a pat on the head,but you summed it up in your prefinal sentence ...fk em!!!if they like you fine ..if they dont fine...it dont pay the rent or food bills!!.."ermm scuse me ..dont have any money,so I cant pay the rent...but my staff like me....will that do instead?":thumbsup:

hey pie hows you today then?how did the dog assignment go /is going? I might have managed to find another one of those drainpipe hoppers to do up

hiya Lav ...hows you today then?brew time...saw the pic on fb of the hens...and veggies ...how comes you cabbage arent full of holes from butterflies?and as for that rainbow chard..I know 2 little creatures that will get rid of that for you!!!hot off the press ..taped a new episode of Amish Mafia last night..think a new series has started....

hi SF...hows your son?did anything get sorted out for him?...yep knee is a wee bit sore..I was hoping to go out detecting on Friday...think thats a non starter at the mo!!we shall see ..yep your mention of Walgreens...for some reason that always takes me back to Flori dee aaah ayyy on I drive..the Belz outlet ..Ponderosa , Walgreens Wet n Wild and the best Western.....anything on the job front yet?

hiya pauly ....well did you have a kick ass toozdi....?hows you today then?hows the tortoise/turtle doing? thought I would give you a laff...bought this in the pound shop yesterday..its a freeze pad for my knee ..fkn idiot in training ..not a ninja!!

20151007_103512.jpg

right peeps one of those "not a lot days!" be good be sober be safe....

h.jpg

h2.jpg

I was at a funeral today and I asked the priest for the WiFi password.

"Have some respect for the dead!" he said.

"Okay," I replied. "Is that all lower case without spaces?"

I woke up from my anaesthetic and saw my doctor standing over me, smoking a fag.

"Blimey!" I said. "You smoke, doc?"

"Yes..." he replied with a smile, "...but only when I've had sex."

Let us not forget the terrible event that occurred 56 years ago on this very day.

Simon Cowell was born.

5p for a plastic carrier bag.

I wouldn't mind but I've seen them growing on trees and in hedgerows.

This morning I decided to get up early and take a leaf out of Bear Grylls' book...

Which pissed him right off 'cause now he doesn't know which page he's on.

What's the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?

One is really heavy and the other is a little lighter.

I just did the 100 Chicken Nugget challenge.

I went over each one with a fine tooth comb and I still couldn't find any traces of chicken in them.

Friendship between Women:
    A woman didn't come home one night. The next day she told her husband that she had slept over at a girlfriend's house. The man called his wife's ten best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

Friendship between Men:
    A man didn't come home one night. The next day he told his wife that he had slept over at a buddy's house. The woman called her husband's ten best friends. Eight of them confirmed that he had slept over and two claimed that he was still there.

This smoking ban in cars is a disgrace. Having a beer without a cigarette just isn't the same.

I just found a carrier bag with an England rugby shirt in it lying abandoned on the pavement - I can't believe it's been thrown away.

Those bags are worth 5p now!

I saw a sign when we visited Chester Zoo today. "Do Not Feed The Animals"

"It's £10 for a burger," I said to my wife. "I'm not even feeding the kids."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

how do all
    a quick look see. Not going to be around for a couple of days... internet data usage woes. Mick, thanks for the brews, take care of that knee!! PQ, be well. Best to you all; Pauly, Lav, Pie, Det, Bear, NS, SF, and others I may have accidentally
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy hump day

Mick, that looks like white caps on the field behind you!!! You sure are getting a lot of rain!
      Are you getting enough vitamin C to help your healing? Take it easy with that knee today.
      The broccoli & cauliflower do have lacy leaves but they're not as noticeable now because the plants are growing fast. I didn't mean to let some of the girls out for a romp yesterday ~ they kinds snuck out while I was refilling their water cans. Sneaky devils, ha ha!

PQ, hope you can check in with us today!
      Hi there Sam, bear, Pauly, Pie, Det, NS, SF & anyone else popping in today.
      Have a great AF day one & all. I am heading out for a Dexa scan this afternoon to see what condition my bones are in at this point. My previous scans were pretty bad but I switched over to a plant based calcium supplement a few years ago & have been getting plenty of exercise so I am hoping for better results. We shall see

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,that ice pack is right up Louie's alley haha,jokes were funny today how did you tear your knee anyway? I might have missed it,Sam,we'll still be here when your data is full,that's the bad part of living in the boonies,gotta take what you can get,Lav,I hope your bones are nice and strong hubs goes this afternoon to get his prostate checked again, I'm nervous but I think he's ok,better be!!! PQ,I hope you can check in today too,I mean I guess I don't understand how it stresses you out to post? A quick fly-by takes 3 minutes,I don't always address everybody, actually nobody does except Mick,just thinking out loud cuz there was talk of K9 in the nest and I really miss her,she was a huge part of MWO when I first joined and her relapse after 2 years devasted me,I just hope she's ok now,but we'll never know I guess unless she comes back,I'm not saying that you're going to drink,you won't,it'll just feel empty here without you,alrighty enough,hello to Pie,Bear,Det,SF,NS hope we all have a nice Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Browsing around the forums and found this thread. Love the idea of posting every day although it is a little intimidating it being an ab crowd. Part of me says better not get too attached because you may only be here a short while! I guess you gotta take a leap of faith sometime. Loved the jokes mick. You look like you're in a beautiful place. Going to be over 90 degrees where I am this weekend. We had one day of rain last week. It was blissful. I'm on a virtual keyboard and this has taken me forever. Will check again later in the day when I get to an actual keyboard. Wishing a wonderful day to everyone.

Comment

Hi Maryjo,this is a good thread and yes an abs thread but I'm still learning and it helps to be around people living happily sober,hopeyou stick around

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening all, you're right Mick,feeling better now as only one day left with pain in ass person
              Other pain in ass person is just stunning in her poor attitude and lack of responsibility,finished her disciplinary report today,going to HR then hearing next week before holiday.

Had real drinking thoughts today, of just drinking a bottle of wine and getting out of it - seeing parents at weekend who are boozers, and also colleague today mentioned we should go and drink wine next week as it's been rough at work for us all.I know it won't help and I j need to let the thought float by and not wrestle with it.
              Planning to get new e cig with extra vaping abilities mine not giving much out atm.

Hey P if you're floating by,I know what you mean about posting being a stress sometimes,look after you and will see you again when the time is right for you

Hey to Lav,Sam,Pauly,Pie,Det,Sf and everyone else - happy Wednesday
              one day at a time

Comment

I've had a day like that, too, Bear, and even just remarked to a friend (who doesn't even know the extent of the problem I had) that it's too bad I stopped drinking. I have no desire to drink and don't plan to but I sure would like to erase this frustrating day!! Now I'm probably going to get a bunch of questions from my friend!!! Might have to turn my phone off . I'm anticipating a quick hug of my grandson and a long hot bath :smile:.

Comment

Bear,I'm sticking close to the e-cig I have too,only smoked 5 real cigs yesterday which is good for me,bought some vanilla flavor stuff,not to bad,I'm over smoking too!! Hope everyone has had a nice day

Comment

Bear....I learned the hard way that sometimes you really need to toot your own horn. I recently read an article by a woman who is CEO of a large corporation and she stressed that your work does not speak for itself.....it gets overlooked....so, it is important to toot when you can.

Mick-I laughed when you said to turn it into a song.....sometimes you can barely say anything to someone in Music City....without them saying that Drives me freaking crazy. I swear if I said I had to poop.....someone would say.... that is song material! No rush on the job, taking care of my son is my first priority right now. And I am thinking of going back to school. My resume is so "sales" heavy that I don't qualify for much else....and I am done with sales. This last job.....instead of making 100 cold calls a week....I like that people walked into the store....but, at the same time....I was going to get "sales quotas" and how do you make them when you are dependent on whoever walks in that day

Paully....I do understand PPQ's stress to post. Sometimes you have nothing to say....and for me now getting out the laptop seems like a huge deal. I like to read from my phone....but, I am not a fan of the new look. I had not really heard about k9.....but, one thing I have learned over the years.....is that you have to be really good at letting people who relapse go and then welcome them back. Begging them back or using logic doesn't work.....this is not a logical thing.

MaryJo---everyday counts and quite frankly I've had more than my share of screw ups (not advised).....but, I have always been welcomed back. That is what make this place so special.

Sam you made me laugh on data usage....that was the biggest thing they were selling at my store.....and they freaked when they pulled up my account and saw how low my actual usage was. I told them I good at wifi. Right now cell phone companies are playing on the the fact that the "kids" use alot of data. But, there are some great unlimited deals out there.

So I spent all day at Vanderbilt.....and looks like my son has developed sensitive nerves within his digestive system. He may have to go on medication to help dull those nerves....I am willing to try it.....and my kids are pretty upfront if it affects them negatively....meaning I don't want him all dulled out.

I spent so much time there.....that I felt compelled to ask everyone there what their title was. Because certain jobs do fascinate me. One in particular was being a cardio tech. Woman said she went to school for 3 months.....and as we talked.....she makes decent money, not stressed out...and as adults we don't have the luxury of going to school for 2 years. So it interested me.....I set up an appointment with the school for next week.

Thats it for now I always feel like I have to squeeze in a novel.....because I don't post a lot.

Also.....I am not sure if anyone is aware.....but, there was a huge march this last week on DC for recovery and taking the stigma away. Big stars showed up, which helps shine a light on it.
                    Last edited by TheSunFlower97; October 7, 2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X