Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Personal experience? Know of someone! ? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a similar experience? Personal experience? Know of someone! ? Help!

I'm a recovering alcoholic who relapsed after my first daughter was born. I got back on track, and relapsed again. I had my first child 14 months ago and she was 100% planned. I knew exactly when I was ovulating and we conceived within a month. I am still breastfeeding and pumping to keep my supply up and have had 3 periods in the last 14 months, very irregular and no clue if I was even ovulating! My husband and I planned our first getaway alone almost 3 weeks ago. A 5 day cruise around the carribean. We ended up getting drunk everyday and having. I have had no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever and since I've put on about 30 pounds and am still flabby from my first I am not even showing! When we got back from the cruise I started having fainting spells, which at first I thought was due to the drinking and being on the cruise. Then I thought 'We'll maybe I got pregnant on the cruise? Let me take a pregnancy test." It was positive. I made an emergency appointment with my OB and come to find out I'm about 15 weeks pregnant! So I was getting sloshed at about week 13 or 14! The fetal heartbeat was strong and the ultrasound revealed nothing abnormal regarding the nuchal cord. I go in at the end of the month for the 20 week anatomy scan and I am petrified. I don't know whether to have an abortion or deal with it. I keep praying every night to please give me whatever pain but please not the baby. I am in total shock, fear, overwhelmed, depressed, stressed, you name it! If anyone knows or has a similar story please share it with me. I really don't know what to do. My husband is very positive but I am more realistic. I have read SO much and every story is about women who drank very early on, not in the second trimester! I feel like a horrible terrible human being. If anyone knows or has a similar story please share it with me. I really don't know what to do except stay sober from this point on. My husband is very positive but I am more realistic. I have read SO much and every story is about women who drank very early on, not in the second trimester! I know FAS is real and that the spectrum is quite large. Even if there are no visible symptoms at birth there can be mental ones later in life. I could not live with myself should I have been the cause of an innocent persons struggles in life and feel like a horrible terrible human being.

I'm sorry for your pain right now. My honest advice would be to talk honestly and openly with your doctor. And then make that decision. Wish I had more advice, but maybe someone else will. And staying sober from now on is a huge positive step.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Cris - I am so sorry for what you are going thru. I wish that I had more advice too. But, I do agree with Little Beagle - please talk honestly with your doctor. Many, many women have gone thru this and their children had no issues at all. Please stop trying to read information on the internet - it will stress you out and you never know how much of the information is accurate.
      Take care....
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I agree with others. Get off the Internet. It may be that 5 days of excess is surmount able but 5 months is not. You may be overreacting. Fas is real but it is not necessarily predictable as to how and who it affects.

Please don't make any rash decisions while you are in an emotionall state and beating yourself up. Your doctor can walk you through this and if he or she will not then get another one.

Comment

Working...
        X