thursday 15 oct af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday 15 oct af daily

Hi everyone,up early,final two days,or one day if I still feel ill tomorrow.

Had a series of abusive messages from a staff member yesterday all left on voicemail(!),so she's dismissed - less than supportive approach from my senior manager which I am feeling very angry and aggrieved about.

Trying to just feel the emotions and let them fade.

Learnt I cannot trust this manager and that she is not someone I respect. These last two years have been ridiculous staff wise,I've been bullied upwards by three people I manage,I've had two non performers and someone being abusive to me and drunk at work. I've managed all three without employment tribunals and they were all high risk for that. Zero recognition just platitudes,telling me that I need to grow a thicker skin/what I need to do when I have done it and been doing it for the last 24 months.

Glad I'm sober,zero temptation to drink - drink is part of the backdrop to some of these personal stories,just angry - and in a way freer from other's opinions of me and my performance.

I know I've done a cracking job and if that isn't recognised I no longer care.

I guess that is the major lesson - all this stress - anxiety and angst - ultimately for senior people's views of me and my team whose values and skills are not really anything to be admired.

I'm doing a short day today,and exercising gently after work.
    one day at a time

mornin all ...and how are we today then?all good?not going out today,as the fileds was going on are being seeded ..my knee seems to be a lot better, just a slight twinge..so hopefully the tear is on the mend and wasnt as big as first thought..finished the planter yesterday...almost identical to the other one.... apart from the traders stamp mark on it..here you go

20151014_143409.jpg

heard from ppqp last night ...she is doing ok...dealing with some domestic issues that are taking a it of time to sort out and also work,,but she sends her love to yizall..and no she aint drinking either!

bear you beat me to it this morning...!great on the fact that you are sober and have stayed sober thru all of this and well done to you...but as far as your senior manger goes..is he /she for real?do you have appraisals /bilats that are recorded? I certainly wouldnt be letting that lie...my nature alone would take me straight into their office...hopefully you have got all the crap from the 24 months documented ..as well as the recordings of the abusive phone calls...a less scrupulous person would be going off with stress and depression...and citing the lack of senior support/positive action as the root cause!you look after yourself....

hiya Sam ...hows you today then mate?all good?did you get all the paperwork done?was going to clean the windows today ..but think I will leave it till tomorrow..another day to heal before jumping up n down ladders

hiya pauly...hows you today...sent you apm ...but you in box is full.....you can do this but as lav says stop and think .....

hiya Lav hows you today then? have you got the 4 year old on the looms yet???who know ..get her up to speed and she may be up for a christmas bonus!!you need to chuck your politicians in with ours ...see if we can make one decent one out of the lot of em!now have a brew before the day start ...

hiya pie hows you today then?hows the dogs doing?all getting on together?

hi Mary jo ..how are you?all good ?pity about the work thing ..but at least you can detach yourself from it..as long as you reward yourself or have other interests in life that your worklife pays for..

doing this on the wee computer this morning ,so it isnt so great but at least it works!"

hiya NS ..hows you then..hope all is well

hiya Det ...successful journey yesterday?

right peeps time to go..have a great day...

On concluding the tour of my local gym, the assistant inquired, "I think that's everything, Mr Jones, are there any final questions for me?"

"Err...yeah: do I have to post it on Facebook every time I come to the gym?"

Today I really showed a person at work who the boss is!
    I pointed at the distance and said, "Do you see that tall man over there in the grey suit? That's him."

I went to the doctor because my left thumb and index finger were swollen.

"Ah," said the doctor, "that's the CTRL-Z syndrome."

"Oh my God!" I replied. "Is there any way to undo that?"

I found myself hiding behind my sofa today...

It ain't much fun playing hide and seek on your own.

I got sent out of class today at school.
    The teacher yelled at me, "What would your parents say if I called them?'
    I replied, "Hello?"

What do you get if you drop a bag of Maltesers at a Weight Watchers meeting?

A real life game of Hungry Hungry Hippos.

I read an article that said the best way to meet girls was to do something you enjoy doing most.
    I've been sitting at home smoking joints and watching TV for 6 months now and not met any!

The police arrived on the scene to find me upside down in my car.

They told me not to be so silly, and to sit properly.

After I won at poker last night, a mate asked, "How come you're so lucky at cards yet so unlucky at the horses?"

"I don't get to shuffle the horses."
    Last edited by Mick; October 15, 2015, 09:14 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
      Bear thanks for the start up. Yes, being sober has its perks!! Easier to disassociate yourself from the BS!!

Morning Mick, hope all is well in your knee and stay off that dang ladder!!!

Pauly, don't ever give up.

Haven't figured out my day yet, so many directions to go. I need to start moving my hay from across the highway, something I've procrastinated way too long. Assess how many farms are left and which people to call, cut firewood, dig sweet potatoes before the weekend... possible frost on the horizon, etc, etc, etc.

well off to it one way or another. Greetings to all
      SaM
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Sunny & cool here, no frost yet!!! Not ready for that!!!

Bear, I hope you have a good day & manage to keep yourself unattached to all that work crap. Who needs all that BS?
        I have worked in some hostile work environments, I do understand.

Mick, glad to hear your knee is improving now don't do anything to mess it up again!!
        Glad to hear PQ is doing OK & hope she can get back to us soon.

Sam, I heard rumors about a possible frost this weekend in some areas - geez. I imagine a lot of folks are scrambling to get things done ahead of time. The corn fields & hay fields are coming down fast around here. Have a great day!

Not sure yet how yet I am going to fill this day but I imagine my granddaughter has some ideas, ha ha.
        Have a wonderful AF Thursday everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for starting us off, Bear. Like Lav, Ive had that experience of feeling trapped in a hostile work environment. Very unpleasant. Good on you for staying sober through the challenge.

Yo Mick, Surely do appreciate your daily postings that acknowledge all visitors to the Abbers threads. What's new in wabbit land? Do you have to make any preparations for them in advance of cold weather?

Your to-do list looks nothing like my own, Sam. Wanna trade?

Not sure how you muster the energy for all that childcare, Lav. Occasionally I'll accept an assignment in Kindergarten, and am worn out at the end of the 6 hour shift.

At least with childcare, and doggy care for that matter, you can pretty much anticipate what needs will arise. Eldercare, on the other hand, is a horse of a different color. Particularly with mental decline, everyday is a new opportunity for crisis.

Greetings to all yet to stop by.

Comment

Greetings all. Weather forecasters have their heads up where the sun don't shine again. No rain. Nada. Nothing. Zilch.

It's too cliched to bitch about the weather though so I'll have to let it go and do what's it gonna do.

Thinking of going to a presentation at a local Photography club. I'm a hobbyist photographer and a guy who specializes in shooting musicians and especially jazz musicians is showing his work and talking about it's evolution. I'm nudging myself to get out more and I've been pretty successful so far. Or I can go for Dharma talk at my Zen Center. Either way, I won't be sitting on my butt trolling through Facebook and the like because sitting around by myself gets me into trouble.

Bear, I hope you're documenting all of these incidents. I have a dear friend who has been in this situation more than once and it never ended well because she just put up with so much and swallowed her resentments and anger to the point where it colored her time away from the office. It sounds like you have enough detachment not to let that happen.

Yes, all feelings fade unless we make an effort to keep them around by feeding them with resentment and anger. Nobody even knows what a feeling is so why let it have so much power.

Today I'm gonna keep my head down and get my work done and have an open mind and heart. That's enough for one day I think.

Going to troll the rest of the forum now.

Comment

Working...
            X