Dr Jonathan Chick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Jonathan Chick

Dr Jonathan Chick is a Doctor/ professor in Britain who was in contact with Olivier Ameisen and published articles relating to Baclofen and its use in addiction. As I understand he still practices and that here in Britain he's probably as near as you could get to Olivier himself on account of the former's demise (RIP :'( )

Basically I get 60mg a day Baclofen from my GP, but I was thinking about paying for a consultation with Dr Chick if possible and seeing if I could deal with a doctor who has dealt with Ameisen and his work first hand, and possibly get a repeat prescription etc etc. from the good Doctor.

I know this is a long shot but, thanks

Dr. Chick actually does see patients and prescribes baclofen. He is not a devout follower of Ameisen's, however. Last I heard, he was only willing to prescribe up to 100mg/day. He might have gone higher now, given that France has approved High Dose Baclofen. Who knows? And still, 100mg is better than nothing.

He will also talk to your doctor so that your regular GP will prescribe it at that dose and you won't have to see Dr. Chick again.

That's what I've read here. I don't know if there are any UK people around at the moment to fill in if you have more questions.

Comment

Thats what I'd heard too Ne, thats why I want to contact him but even if he only goes up to 100mg it still means i've got his endorsement in it and it makes it cheaper for me to fill in with Baclofen if bought online

Comment

I have an appointment with Dr Chick in November,will let you know how much he is willing to prescribe when I know more.My switch was 180mg a day so I will have to top it up with online stuff if he only prescribes 180 mg

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
          I have an appointment with Dr Chick in November,will let you know how much he is willing to prescribe when I know more.My switch was 180mg a day so I will have to top it up with online stuff if he only prescribes 180 mg
          That's fantastic Nicnak, would you be able to PM me contact details for him/his secretary so I could make an appointment myself?

Thanks

Comment

Pm sent Danathos��

Comment

Lol,didn't mean to send the question marks

Comment

I've met Dr Chick he told me that baclofen probably wasn't my way out, I had been trying HDB. He agreed to prescribe a different medication which was my way out.

Really enjoyed meeting him, and never looked back. I'm not aware of his current practice but last time I looked him up, he was still active.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

What was the different medication he prescribed, YouKayBe?

Comment

Originally posted by davelet View Post
                    What was the different medication he prescribed, YouKayBe?
                    Naltrexone for use as per The Sinclair Method. Works for some, but not for others. It made a huge difference for me, got me back in control and eventually abstinent. I have 26 almost 27 months completely AF and counting. I'm also completely med & drug free (you don't take it if you don't drink, and I've avoided using other mind altering drugs. Not an easy path, but I'm the type to go headlong in).

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
                      Naltrexone for use as per The Sinclair Method. Works for some, but not for others. It made a huge difference for me, got me back in control and eventually abstinent. I have 26 almost 27 months completely AF and counting. I'm also completely med & drug free (you don't take it if you don't drink, and I've avoided using other mind altering drugs. Not an easy path, but I'm the type to go headlong in).
                      YKB.. Thanks for your post. I was initially very interested in the Sinclair method, and did find a doc to prescribe.. But I was concerned about the length of time required, so I went with Bac. A thousand dollars later, and dealing with extreme side effects, and the fact that Bac is taking forever, I'm thinking I made the wrong choice. I wish I knew then what I know now. Bac has decreased my consumption, but the switch seems far away.
                      Last edited by Mom21961; October 19, 2015, 03:54 PM. Reason: Changed latter to later
                      http://baclofentreatment.com/
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

I seem to be very in the minority as my switch initially took 16 days and I got up to 180 mg a day,hoping it will be the same this time round.Im wondering if the brand of Bac makes any difference?

Comment

Can I ask why he thought Baclofen wasn't yourwayout youkaybee?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                            Can I ask why he thought Baclofen wasn't yourwayout youkaybee?
                            The side effects turned me into a zombie, I also started having very wierd thoughts around aliens and death.

I took to TSM like a duck to water and preferred only having to take 1 pill per day, which once I gained control I was able to drop by having AF days- you only take the med when you drink.

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I read an old thread on here yesterday by someone called man on Mars I think about his journey and he gave it up because it had turned him into a zombie with no feelings or desire for anything,not just alcohol and this worried me slightly.Although I did reach indifference last month and it was great I must admit I didn't have an desire for sex and would just come home from work,eat my dinner and go to bed early.But I presume this would hopefully wear off as the other side effects would as well

Comment

Working...
                              X