Nov 1ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov 1ST

WHITE RABBITS!!!!!! Hiya folks its 430 am ..on the way out of the door in a mo...hope all is well ....some fun had on halloween by a few folks ..seen tthe fb pics!!..nice outfit Pauly ...oh and by the way..I aint goin metal detecting today...Im on my way over to get that bougie!!!Ive pmd ppqp twice now ..but no reply ..will keep yall informed..have a good one folks

Thought I'd seen the end of the Trick or Treaters after I'd poured a bucket of pee over the last lot through my upstairs window, but, fck me, within five minutes two much older looking kids knocked on the door and got the same treatment.

I'd love to see them explain the smell when they take those police costumes back to the fancy dress shop.

After some initial complaints about my promotion to Deputy Head, I think my colleagues have finally accepted it.

They've even spray painted 'D Head' on my parking space.

At the World Women's Conference, the first speaker from England stood up: "At last year's conference we spoke about being more assertive with our husbands. Well after the conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer cook for him and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had cooked a wonderful roast lamb."

The crowd cheered.

The second speaker from America stood up: "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his laundry and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had done not only his own washing but my washing as well."

The crowd cheered.

The third speaker from Ireland stood up: "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his shopping and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I could see a little bit out of my left eye."

I panicked as the dentist moved an instrument emitting a jet of flame to my mouth.

"Don't worry" he reassured me,

"It's just a fire drill"

Following complaints made to the IRB about the All Blacks being allowed to motivate themselves by performing the 'Haka' before their games, other nations were asked to suggest pre-match rituals of their own.
    The IRB Committee has now agreed to the following pre-match displays:

1.. The England team will chat about the weather, wave hankies in the air and attach bells to their ankles before moaning about how they invented the game and gave it to the world, and how it's not fair that everyone still thinks New Zealand are the best team in the world.

2. The Scotland team will chant "You lookin' at me Jimmy?" before smashing an Irn Bru bottle over their opponents' heads.
    3.. The Ireland team will split into two, with the Southern half performing a Riverdance, while the Northerners march the Traditional route from their dressing room to the pitch, via their opponents dressing room.
    4.. Argentina will unexpectedly invade a small part of opposition territory, claim it as their own "Las In-Goals-Areas" and then be forcibly removed by the match stewards.
    5.. Two members of the South African team will claim to be more important than the other 13 whom they will imprison between the posts whilst they claim the rest of the pitch for themselves.

6.. The Americans will not attend until almost full time. In future years they will amend the records to show that they were in fact the most important team in the tournament and Hollywood will make a film called 'Saving No.8 Lyle'.
    7.. Five of the Canadian team will sing La Marseillaise and hold the rest of the team to ransom.
    8.. The Italian team will arrive in Armani gear, sexually harass the female stewards and then run away.
    9.. The Spanish will sneak into the other half of the pitch, mow it and then claim that it was all in line with European "grass quotas". They will then curl up under the posts and have a kip until half time, when their appeal for compensation against the UK Government will be heard.
    10.. The Japanese will attempt to strengthen their team by offering good salaries to the key opposition players and then run around the pitch at high speed in a highly efficient manner before buying the ground (with a subsidy from the UK Government).
    11.. The French will declare they have new scientific evidence that the opposition are in fact all mad. They will then park lorries across the halfway line, let sheep loose in the opposition half (much to the delight of the WELSH) and burn the officials.
    12.. The Australians will have a barbie before negotiating lucrative singing and TV contracts in the UK. They will then invite all their mates to come and live with them in Shepherds Bush."
    13.. Unfortunately the Committee were unable to accept the Welsh suggestion following representations from the RSPCA
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey Mick, 4.30am, I think I've only seen the other side of that time - as a bedtime in my former life!
    What;s a bougie? I hope PPQ is ok, I think I may have missed something.Sending you love PPQ.

I'm up relatively early at 8.30am after a couple of days with squirrelly monkey mind.I posted a blog and it felt really cathartic to get it all out - all about my fears over the years,sense of waste,beating myself up, blaming myself and not letting myself 'be'. It feels like mindfulness,especially the compassionate mindfulness unlocked a lot of old shitty feelings and today I am starting to feel brighter,better,like there is hope again. This is the stuff I would have drank away.I've let myself mope for a few days and feel the bad stuff,it's been horrible,but I guess better out than in.I have also done yoga,walks in the park and cooked healthy food and meditated - struggled with whether I was just ruminating but it has felt like I genuinely needed to spend some time just feeling and processing this stuff.

I feel like this is all about me rather than reaching out,and I'm sorry - I don't really reach out like this in 3d life so I think you are getting the full on selfish,me,me,me bear.

I hope you all have a great day and are feeling good.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy November to all of us

Mick, hope your day is going well. It's OK if you sleep in a little on weekends, ha ha!!
      I miss PQ as well & hope she is OK :hug:

bear, knowing & accepting that we cannot change anything from our past helped me out a lot! What's done is done so just put it away & don't waste your time wishing otherwise. Focus on TODAY because that's all we really have ~ right?
      I really had to push myself into that thinking but am grateful I did. You can do the same & stop beating yourself up, OK?

I am expecting my daughter & granddaughter to day so it's going to get busy around here.
      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good grief, Mick! Where in the world are you off to, to get a bougainvillea at 4:30 am?? At first read I took your first joke for a personal anecdote. Too funny!

Good on you, Bear for feeling the feelings, then moving on.

Enjoy your busy day ahead, Lav. Hope granddaughter isn't too sugared-up with Halloween candy.

It's been challenging here with nonstop rain, and pups who don't like to get wet. But if that's my biggest problem, it's going to be a good day. Off to see Dad soon, and perhaps watch some football with him.

Comment

Mae everybody, this time change feels weird, I posted a pic of my bougainvillea on Facebook and Mick's teasing he's gonna come steal it haha! Hope everyone had a fun Halloween, we did,I dressed hubs up as a 80's rock star,Louie was a dinosaur that he took of 3 times,me and Winslow were devils,Brady was a gangster in a pin striped suit,no al for me at all,not even a thought, but too much salty foods,woke up feeling like captain bloato!! Bear,this is where we sort our stuff out,its ok if its me,me,me,by you posting what's going on in your head,it sorta helps me sort what's going on in mine we're all in a team together here,post away girl!must go find a food,blood sugar weird,usually I've eaten by now,muck love to all and Happy November
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings from Oakland CA ABerooos! yes it's sunday but work calls, so here I am.

Bear that was a great post and you have nothing to apologize about. putting emotions and challenges into words is our first step in realistically addressing them and dis-empowering them.

I'm super tired from 6 hours driving in a horrible rain/wind storm so I gotta cut it short and crap out for an early morning.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
            X