5th Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th Jan

mornin all ...and howz thingz today then? all good in the world?...rephrase.......our world??well folks ..guess what...got a message from ppqp......yep the one n only! she is doing ok...she had a few domestic and health issues to sort out that were kind of important....anyways she is on the way back ,so the story is hers...:thumbsup:

didnt do too much yesterday..had a kind of cba mood on for some reason,but we are with it today!!
    ok brew time it is....

hiya det how are you friend?take it easee on your drive to Sam Franks...as for the contacting someone on here before you drink....that def works!!!I know because did that as part of a strategy with someone on here before....give it a shot next time...nowt to lose

hey 3.142...hows you today then...should you not be fixing sinks instead of makin cakes?:congratulatory:glad you got the reducers..or increasers (depending on how you look at them....hows the rescue dog? whats gonna happen to the little fella if no one claims him?

hiya Lav..hows you then? well did you dust the treadmill off?do I have to make you a brew that you can drink while jogging?I was on mine yesterday..in front of mine Ive got a flat screen telly,and I downloaded a load of documentaries to mp4 format on to a pen drive so that I could watch it ...after all that it wont play..says its an unsupported format and yet plays ok on the big telly downstairs!!so if anyone has any ideas.......

hiya kuya ..how are you today then in down underland ?you ok?

hi Sam the man...take it the sick a more tree aint sick any more?and gone to the big wood burner in the sky?one day you'll figure that you're poisoning yourself....that is probably one of the most poignant lines Ive heard for a long time..it says it all really well done matey..

hiya ns..hows you then?all good I hope..where are we in the wureld at the moment?

hey bear hows you today then?hows the cold? Ive got one too..but I gueesss bimbling about in a field in the rain for 7 hrs didnt really help..must be summat wrong in our house...you are eating the last of your festive food....cheesecake etc...how comes we had a scabby turkey to see off??

pauly ..and hows you then today ?all good..as for the sense gettin talked into you ...I reckon you are pretty much doing that yourself...youve done really brill this past year..and no you dont sound preachy..its actually nice to see you and bear giving advice...because your success stories are probably the most recent..so you keep it up girl...it doesnt matter how long we have quit for there are always tips and tricks we can learn from each other!!

right peeps be well me hearties....

Dr Dre has a new album out, which was recorded in the western region of the Czech Republic.

It's called Bohemian Rap CD.

I went to the cheese factory today. Who would have thought that Edam was made backwards?

Fluting [floo-ting] noun

1. Something having ornamental grooves, such as a Greek column.

2. What my Jamaican neighbour suffered from over Christmas.

A policeman was directing traffic at a busy intersection when he observed a blind man and his seeing-eye dog waiting to cross.

To his horror, he watched as the seeing-eye dog bolted across the street, dragging the blind man behind him.

On the other side of the road, the man pulled out a cookie and offered it to his dog.

The officer ran to the blind man and said, "Don't you realize your dog could have killed you, and now you're going to reward him?"

The blind man said to the policeman, "Why, no sir, I'm just trying to find out where his head is so I can kick his ass."

A snail is walking down the road, when all of a sudden two turtles appear. They rough up the snail, take his money, and leave him for dead.
    Months later in the courtroom, after the two turtles have been arrested, the judge asks the snail to describe what happened on the night of the assault.
    The snail says, "Gee, I would love to, your honor, but it all happened so fast!"

Bertha was worried about her husband George, so one day she took him to the doctor's. As the doctor called George in and looked him over, George began insisting, "There's nothing wrong with me. I know because God takes care of me." What do you mean?" asked the doctor. "Well," George responded, "when I go to the bathroom he turns the light on and off."
    The doctor decided he had better talk to both George and his wife, so he calls Bertha into the room and begins to explain, "George says God turns the light on and off for him when he goes to the bathroom. Is it true that --" "DAMMIT, George!" Bertha bursts out, "How many times do I have to tell you not to pee in the fridge?"

An office exec was interviewing a blonde for an assistant position, and wanted to find out a little about her personality.
    "If you could have a conversation with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?"
    "I'd have to say the living one."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Howdy Abbers,

Back to work today and really enjoyed it! I like my routine TBH.

Got our passports back today Mick and I am going to chat with my daughter about when we want to go. I don't feel there is a time pressure any more so will wait for the slightly warmer weather I reckon. Also that will shorten the winter here which is all good.

Hope you are feeling better Det.

Thanks for your concern Lav, feeling better now the silly season is over.

Have a good day all

Comment

Mick your pm box is full

Comment

morning all
        a quick peek in... off to pick up the roast beast. Had to get another freezer yesterday. All the local appliance stores have gone and nothing left but the big box stores. Mick, enjoyed the jokes... the blind man especially. Morning to you Kuya, routine is good, eh?
        later good folks
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Sunny & 12 degrees here - that's cold!!!!
          Grateful for a warm house, geez!

Thanks for the coffee Mick, need lots of that today. Yesterday I went to Curves then spent the rest of the day in my shop, today will be the same. The treadmill is still sitting unused & dusty, ha ha!

Det, be careful on your drive. Keep yourself well hydrated too!

Sam, we just looked at freezers at Lowes this weekend but didn't buy anything - still thinking. I don't want anything too big, just something to freeze the extra veggies we grow or meals I have put together for future use

kuya, a routine is a good thing, I agree
          I have a feeling yo are going to have a wonderful trip to the land of Mick!

Pie, loved your cake/pi last evening!!

Hello to everyone, I'll check in later.
          Have a great AF day.
          Hi PQ!!!!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick hello from me,picking through my supps and seeing if one of them is causing the sleep probs,its starting to bug me now,I hope we all have a nice Tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Afternoon, everybody. Mick I'm elated to report that the new faucet is completely installed and working! So yeah, I had time for cake-making The story on the little dog is more interesting. Vet suspects a tumor behind the eye is causing it to bleed and bulge. An ultrasound will be needed to determine the presence of a mass, so we're working on that one. Meantime, a possible owner has turned up, but hasn't yet returned our phone call. Which to me, is very strange. Will let you know how it all unfolds.

Thanks for the news of PQ. Glad to hear she's getting things sorted.

Hey Det, how are you today? Greetings to Kuya, Sam, Lav, Pauly, and the rest.

Comment

MAE ALL....and Happy New Year

Well I'm back on track and reading the thread again. Sorry for disappearing on everyone but everything just became overwhelming.
                Spent most of November and December getting poked, prodded and xrayed. Dr visits 2-3 times a week, just put one foot in front of the other and carried on.
                I have started on my biologic (Humira) injections twice a week and now that I've got the hang of it my anxiety is gone.
                No problem with no alcohol as I managed to get through everything without slipping but of course they want me to quit smoking so that's my next challenge.
                The boys bought me an ecig for Xmas so trying to get the hang of that.
                The woman who filed 18 assault charges against my Ex ended up dying of a heart attack the week before the court case.
                So much for having a quiet Xmas, he was on a roll over the holidays. People, not me, had to call 911 3 separate times.
                I did manage to have a very nice Xmas with my boys and out to Xmas dinner with more family.
                Not going to read back through the threads, will just catch up from here. Glad you're all still around.......:hug:PPQP

Comment

Good to see you PQ,you've been missed
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So glad to see those winking bunnies!!
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

So glad to see you PQ!
                      Sounds like you have been dealing with quite a lot :hug:
                      Good luck with the Humira. My friend (Curves owner) is using Humira to treat her Chron's disease & is doing very well. I don't know about the ecig thing but maybe it could help you wean off the real thing? Good luck with that as well. Stick around now!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

PQ! :love:

Comment

so good to see you PPQ ..... and to hear life is 'kinda' alright.

I quit smoking 9 months ago so it is still very fresh and new. Hit me up if you want to go cold turkey on it

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                            So glad to see those winking bunnies!!
                            Hah...had to look at my avatar! LOL Thanks Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                              PQ! :love:
                              Back at ya....:love:

Comment

Working...
                              X