6th jan ...cars!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th jan ...cars!!

mornin all...quick jump in...got to take car to the garage...the power steering has gone ...great exercise for the arms but pretty rubbish to drive...how did we ever manage in thew days before power assisted steering ,puters ,and mobiles....will nip back on later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all
    little colder than a couple weeks ago; 12º F as opposed to 65º not so long ago. Mick, I remember getting my first tractor with power steering, for once I didn't miss the "good ol days".

off to surveying land, finally getting back to a parcel I started before Xmas. Finally got help from none other than my daughters BF. He's on his way to owing me 2 months rent so we're working out a deal of work = rent for a bit till he gets caught up. He had just gotten laid off yesterday. We'll see how this works.

got the beast yesterday, perfect day for transporting frozen foods! Odd thing is I don't eat much meat at all. Find it doesn't agree with my bodily functions the next day... TMI, perhaps?

Well off to feed and all that, glad to see you're back PQ.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi Mick, Sam and all to come.

Cars! Indeed! Your turn huh Mick.

Mine has been ok this week, gotta get the wof (mot in English) done so dreading that.

Sam we are lucky here, get most of my meat from friends...all grass fed and cheap. Try to cut down on meat but daaaaammmmm it is too nice!

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,that sucks!one day I was leaving work and I heard a crunching noise under my car and all of a sudden it was hard to steer,called hubs and told him and it was some belt and I had to get the car home quick cuz the belt controlled the temp too so it started overheating,it was the worst trying to get that hard to steer,rising temp car home! Sam,never tmi,look at the stuff I post haha I was looking at the blood type diet and it makes sense,I'm o so I should stay away from wheat,dairy,beans but can eat meat PQ,yeah we definitely missed you,sounds like you've been going through a lot,I'm on my next half-assed attempt at quitting smoking, I have an e-cig too and I like it but I love the real ones anyways much love to all,I hope we all have a great Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day

Mick, good luck with the car, hang onto your wallet. I know the pain of maintaining cars
          I remember those cars without power steering back in the day - they were a b*tch to park, ha ha!!

Sam, at the risk of TMI - I gave up eating red meat years ago too for the same reason, ugh.
          There was a time, many years ago where we would buy a portion of locally raised beef & fill up the freezer but not anymore. I have learned to be more creative with vegetables, grains & beans, ha ha!

Kuya, travel prep already?
          I know you are going to have a great trip

If anyone is interested in a free online summit on depression/anxiety you can sign up here:
          Healthy Me summits |

I have heard lots of these speakers in the past - all good.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
          PQ, so glad you are back in the fold :hug:

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Since you're in a rush this morning I'll supply the coffee. Sorry to hear you're having car issues again. So grateful for the new wheels as I haven't stressed over winter driving once. I often think what did we used to do at work before computers.

Sam...thanks for the welcome back. Our temps have dropped off today as well. We're at 8F with a windchill of -4F. Good luck with the surveying. I think it's great that you're able to help your daughter's friend, everyone in Alberta can relate.

KY...I'm with you when it comes to meat.

Pauly...I'll half-ass attempt to quit right along with you. LOL

Lav...thanks. And thanks for the link, perfect timing. I'll be bookmarking it and checking it out later today.

Got time for another cuppa but there's no jokes to go with it. Boss has set up a meeting with a web designer this morning. The board of directors is getting frustrated over the state of our media presence. Boss has been trying to avoid the issue all together. Actually wish he'd stay out of it and let me handle it. LOL Have a Wonderful Wednesday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Best of luck on your car, Mick. The only thing I know about cars is where the gas goes in, so unable to offer you any helpful tips

New e-cig here too.

Comment

This one's for you, Sam.

Comment

tis I back again...steering pump on car is ..or was no more...for an exchange of 200 of good queen bess pounds we are sorted!!!..talking about no power steering lav,I first passed my lorry licence in one of these bbeasts ..a ten tonner...no power steering and a crash gear box..which means there was no synchro clutch..I know most of your cars are automatic..but this was a real pain ..to change gear you had to what is called "double declutch"..burst of revs on the accelarator pump clutch pedal drop gear shift into neutral, pump clutch and into gear if you got it right there was no crunchy noises!!

aec-0860-militant-mk1-10-ton-cargo-27-br-01.jpg

how is everyone?

What's the difference between Scousers and Noah's Ark?

Noah's Ark only took two of everything.

On a sightseeing trip in the US, I found myself next to a young American girl

"Did you hurt yourself when you fell from heaven?" I asked her.

"Oh I love your English accent!" she exclaimed "So charming as well....are you trying to chat me up?" she continued bashfully

"No, not at all! Just speculating on how this came to be" I replied as I gazed over the Grand Canyon

President Barack Obama has gone against the will of Congress and announced a series of executive actions aimed at reducing gun violence in the US.

"If we can make it possible to unlock a phone with a fingerprint, why can't we do it with guns?" he said.

Is he for real?. How the feck can you unlock a phone with guns?

"Since I know how much you like One Direction," I told my daughter, "I thought you might like to see them. Would I be right in thinking that?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh my goodness!" she squealed.

"Excellent," I smiled, "Well they are on that poster over there behind you."

Saudi Arabia cutting all diplomatic ties with Iran after their embassy was attacked?

That'll mecca mess.

News: China replaces one-child policy with two-child policy.

Now parents can stay at home with one child while the other one's at work.

Tuesday 5 Jan: Police have confirmed the Yorkshire town of Whitby is 'cut off' accessible only by 4x4 vehicles.
                  Asked about access to the port, the spokesman confirmed they were concerned there 'seemed to be a lot of water in the dock area too'.

When I was younger, I always wanted to be an Illusionist.

No matter how hard I tried, I never managed to perfect the Illusion of sawing people in two.

Much to the dismay of my six half brothers and two half sisters.

Rejection is all about who you no.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Scratching my head on the Grand Canyon sightseeing joke. Can one of you translate for me?

Lav, just have to post this pic of Stella and the same breed of dog that I have. What a coincidence!

Comment

heya Absters!

surviving another hotel experience on the road in the bay. feeling so tired and exhausted so I better take extra care of my
                      beat-up self.

Lav, thank you for the link.

Pie, that's a nice looking box-mod e-cig you have. I'm currently using an Xpro M65 but it's starting to act up.

off to early dinner then crap out for another big day on the road.

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Glad you're feeling ok Det,besides exhausted but hey so am I on another note,quitting smoking is a bitch! I swear they call out my name
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Det, Surely you can locate some wonderful fish chowder in San Fran to help you mend? Yes, I'm liking this model. Not too pricey, about $42 in the store, prolly less online. And comes in colors other than pink.

Comment

I hear you, Pauly. Quitting smoking is not something I'm ready to tackle. Let's see how Kuya handled it. May be some news we can use!

Comment

I cannot believe that chicken is bigger than the dog, ha ha!!! I thought my hens were big

I used a nicotine replacement product (lozenges). Did the trick for me.

Peace to everyone tonight!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X