wed no3 in month number 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed no3 in month number 2

mae all hows we all doing today?all fine n dandy..? Was hailstones again last nightseems to have gone for the mo ..dont know if thats the last of storm henry, or what..the next one is going to be called imogen..at least you over the other side get "tropical "in front of it ...we get bugger all..jist cold and wet!!so there you go ..a potted forecast..

brew time first...all up for one?

hiya det ...hows you then mate ..what time did the pissed up peeps party next door to you finally go to sleep?this is where you need a recording of the pipes and drums of a military band on cd or summat...give it full belt thru the wall as you jump about in the room in your shoes!!glad you are sorted with the tools mate ..good for you

hiya ppqp..hows you then?watching parking ? you could create great fun with that..coupla traffic cones ,a men at work sign a hole covering board...oh what fun..you could just move it about..or you could spray a black circle ish shape ..put a bit of earth beside it and danger hole sign ...and just watch how many nosey people actually stand on the sprayed hole!!!never mind work!!!

hiya bear hows you then?are some of the skills transferable ..is any where else around you taking on?if you stayed and took on other grade do you take a wage drop or are you on protected salary for so long?think one of the main things is happiness are you/would you be happy going to work?its pretty crap when you realise you have to get up to go somewhere you dont want....

hiya Lav..hows you then?well did you get everything done yesterday?heres a brew take it easy today!!Punx..that was where the Amish series on tv came from..not Levi and his merrie men the other series..where they all go to New York ,Florida etc experiencing the english way of life!!

hiya Sam..hows you then?all wel in the soil conservation world?now that I made cabinet and little shelf behind ..getting to be a bit smart and thought aha I will renew the bath panel in same..trouble is the pallets I broke up for cabinet etc..I haventgot enough of the kind of grain wood left..they usually use pine,but for some reason these were made of beech or some other wood similar..so Im 2 planks short of a bath panel!!!need to go on the hunt!Im gettin lotsa brownie points here..as well as making madams brekkie!!

hiya pauly ..hows you today?hows bill today? I know you were a bit anxious yesterday about him ...ok ok I fot it was funny!!what are you up to today then?havent heard you talkin bout the witched for a while ..have they calmed down?

hiya ns..how are you? took these 2 pics this mornin..

20160203_080336.jpg

20160203_080400.jpg

well ok I cant count!!

20160203_075109.jpg

Im the same as you ...I prefer the peace and quiet in the morning...love being about just as the world is waking up ..especially with the fields at the back of us..nothing better than a summers morn ..(whats that!)sitting with a brew listening to the sound of silence as the darkness bids farewell to the breaking dawn...sounds like an ole English novel this!!tike for a kip...."this is the BBC WORLD SERVICE ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz and now the Archers.......

have a great day!!

hiya kuya hows your day been ?

well folks ..from the vastly experienced master of nothing ...its a goodbye from me

"Got any arrows left, mate? I'm all out."

~ Last but one of the Mohicans.

"I tell you what love, I'm glad I put this thermal t-shirt on."

"Why? Are you cold?"

"No - I have a thermal t-shirt on."

Confession: I drove a VW once but I didn't inhale.

Five Chinese airlines announced on Monday that they'll start putting restrictions on "uncivilized passengers," according to China's National Tourism Administration.

Good luck with face recognition...

I was taking my driving exam when the instructor suddenly shouted, "Now take a hard left."

So I drove to Jeremy Corbyn's house and kidnapped him.

Typo, Typo

Its of to werk we goe

Convincing a dog that I really threw the ball is the closest I'll ever get to being a magician.

I made a Chinese waiter really angry when I asked him if his name was Bruce Lee last night.

He was Fu Ming.

JUST WHY DID I HAVE THAT ACCIDENT? GENUINE INSURANCE CLAIM EXPLANATIONS

Leaving home for work I drove out of my drive and straight into a bus; the bus was five minutes early.
    I was driving my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before.
    I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way.
    One wheel went into the ditch. My foot jumped from the accelerator pedal, leapt across the lane to the other side and jammed in the trunk of a tree.
    I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.
    The gentleman behind me struck me on the backside. He then went to rest in a bush with just his rear end showing.
    I was knocked out as a result of the collision and was taken to hospital where I sustained serious injuries.
    Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and struck a tree I haven't got.
    The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.
    The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.
    I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
    I don't know who was to blame for the accident; I wasn't looking.
    There was no damage to the car as the gate post will testify.
    I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket.
    I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment.
    I had one eye on a parked car, another on approaching lorries, and another on the woman behind.
    I saw her look at me twice. She appeared to be making slow progress when we met on impact..
    I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.
    A truck backed through my windshield onto my wife's face.
    I told the other Idiot what he was and went on.

HAZARDOUS PEDESTRIANS KEEP ON CRASHING INTO MY CAR!

Driving on the roads would be a lot safer for all of us, if people walking around didn't insist on causing accidents by getting in the way:

The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run, so I ran over him.
    The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again.
    The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
    I saw the slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.
    Three women were talking to each other, and when one stepped back and one stepped forward, I had to have an accident.

AND IF IT'S NOT THE PEDESTRIANS, THEN IT'S ALL THOSE STATIONARY OBJECTS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM!

I collided with a stationary tree.
    A lamppost bumped into my car, damaging it in two places.
    I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.
    The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of its way when it struck my front end.
    I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.

WHO WOULD BE A TRAFFIC POLICEMAN?

We perhaps don't always have the greatest sympathy for traffic patrol officers, but maybe we should - they obviously have some very tricky situations to deal with:

I'm sorry officer for speeding, but without my glasses I can't hardly see the speedometer.
    Sorry, Officer, I know I was speeding, but I was trying to get to the gas station in a hurry before I ran out of gas.
    I know I was going fast, I was trying to get the snow off my windshield so I could see where I'm going.
    Sorry officer for throwing the beer cans out the window but I didn't want my wife to see how many that I have drunk.
    My wife ran off with a state policeman and when I saw your flashing lights I didn't stop because for a second, I thought you might be the trooper who is trying to bring her back to me.

POOR FOLKS. IT REALLY WASN'T THEIR FAULT - HONEST! IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE'S. OR SOMETHING ELSE'S

The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.
    My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
    I left my car unattended for a minute and, whether by accident or design, it ran away.
    An Invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.
    The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intentions.
    As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
    To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck the pedestrian.
    The accident was due to the road bending
    I bumped into a lamp-post that was obscured by human beings.
    I consider neither vehicle to blame, but if either was to blame it was the other one.

I
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick - feeling very emotional today,angry, tired and just wanting to walk away,no motivation.Not sleeping well either.

Ok,I like the org now - I may not like my new manager and how he operates (so I've heard),how this has been dealt with (but is it ever dealt with well).
    My big fear is not finding another org as nice as this one,like the line of work - my other fear is what if I don't get a job.

There are jobs out atm,less money but tbh that would be doable for no staff management hassles.

I really like the idea of a break and for once it would be nice to put me first and not do the 'sensible' thing, I could survive for a year - unlikely I'd be out that long.
    Not sure I have the energy to bring reluctant staff into a new structure and into new roles and ways of working that they are resistant to - and so are we as managers!

I don't need to decide yet - my heart says go it's a great chance - my head says next place may not be as good(I realise this is negative,it may be as god/better)
    one day at a time

Comment

Two planks short of a bath panel, are ya now, Mick? Sounds like a punch line of sorts.
      Sorry we're hogging all the good weather at the moment. Sprouting weeds and a ladybug in my patio garden say springtime for sure. Three canine guests arriving this morning to stay for a few days, so I shall be surrounded by these loved and loving creatures. Happy, happy!

MAE to all abber friends near and far.

Comment

Do you have those flowers in bloom right now, Mick? I don't have much success with Gerbera daisies in good weather so I doubt I'd have any luck in February. Is the last photo a kind of begonia? I've never seen that before - it's beautiful!

Bear, since you have some time, maybe not thinking about the decision you need to make for a little while will allow some free space for the best choice to present itself.

Enjoy your day and canine pals, Pie. Winter is going to return here today :sad:. The warmish break has been nice.

Have a great day, Abbers.
        Last edited by NoSugar; February 3, 2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I've sped to the gas station to avoid running out so those excuses aren't that outlandish I'll be interested to see the new project you got going on,trying to cut carbs is ok during the day but dinner is hard! Then the other night Louie didn't want the rest of his chocolate bar so I let him feed it to me,ho hum, today's little Bobbi's birthday,she got the treats I had shipped but no card yet,better not get lost like the one last year,ended up in my mail a month later,Det,what the hey was mashed potatoes on yesterday's thread? Pie,enjoy your guests,Bear,take NS's advice and step back for a minute to break,then go back,hello Lav,PPQP,Sam,off to the hellhole,hope we all have a great day
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

I had a brief one hour of kud watching to do this morning. My DIL tried to talk me into staying all day with the younger guy. He Is sick & can't go to preschool. My answer was NO, ha ha. I have plans to meet friends for lunch, it took me two weeks of emailing & texting back & forth to get the four of us to agree to meet up today at 12:30 for lunch.

Mick, it's way too soon for flowers around here but yours look nice

Besr, try to stsy calm & believe everything is going to work out OK. :hug:

Pie, have a fun doggie kind of day!

NS, we are still in the snow melting stage here. I jope you don't have yo deal with precipitation, ugh.

Det, I am going to hold the groundhog to his word, LOL

Have a great AF day everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE Abbers,

Lost Internet AND phone for last couple days ..... Annoying, particularly when you can't take payments as most here pay by card. But amazing how unstressed I was by it ..... Prior to my 'new' me I would have been almost hysterical, then depressed as I became more and more anxious. It was funny watching my daughter come to terms with no internet, she spends so much time skyping her friends she was a little lost. We had long swim together last night though...which was awesome.

Mick the great thing about New Zealand weather is that cars don't rust like in the uk so we have avid classic car collectors and some amazing displays. I doubt my car would have lasted this long with the effect of gritting and salt in the winter....but we have no snow here except in the mountains (where it belongs! I hate snow!!! Lol)

Morning off but loads to catch up on...have a great day folks

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Another storm right away! Ours just come and stay. Been a nice winter so far this year. Nice flowers, you do have a green thumb. Was in to work early this morning, wanted to get some work done on the website before my work day started.

Bear...sorry you're struggle with work decisions right now. I hope you can make a decision soon.

Pi...enjoy the canine company. Speaking of company did your boarded visit yet?

NS...hope you had a good day.

Pauly...hope your day was good too. Let Louie feed it to me...HaaHaa

Lav...good for you to saying NO. Have to have your me time.

Kuya...good for you being unstressed over the loss of internet. We could all learn a lesson from that.

It's fish & chips tonight so off to dig in. Shout out to everyone else and have a peaceful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Kuya, that's one of the unexpected but totally awesome things about being AF - no hysterics, ha ha!!!
                  There have been many, many times since where I would have flipped my lid but instead I found myself calm, relaxed even. Go figure!!!
                  I highly depend on the internet for my business too, I get your concern. Glad you are back online now

PQ, I really enjoyed my afternoon with my friends, glad I stuck to my guns.
                  Fish & chips sounds good

Have a peaceful night everyone. I will check in tomorrow from my granddaughter's house!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                    Kuya, that's one of the unexpected but totally awesome things about being AF - no hysterics, ha ha!!!
                    There have been many, many times since where I would have flipped my lid but instead I found myself calm, relaxed even. Go figure!!!
                    I highly depend on the internet for my business too, I get your concern. Glad you are back online now

PQ, I really enjoyed my afternoon with my friends, glad I stuck to my guns.
                    Fish & chips sounds good

Have a peaceful night everyone. I will check in tomorrow from my granddaughter's house!!
                    Funny thing is Lav that I actually found myself so much calmer from quitting smoking, much more so than alcohol. I am calmer and sleep better...only downside is my metabolism is so slow now and I know it is down to no nicotine as I was able to manage my weight fine before I quit.

Quitting alcohol reduced my anxiety and sense of doom but quitting the smokes has been the big change for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X