Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen vs Valiun. New to Baclofen

Hi Guys,
    6am this morning I had probably the worst hangover ever after 17 cans of beer (Heavy) and in the shower feeling dreadfull. Knocked the whole 30 over in a day Have been averaging 10-15 beers a day over the last month and have a 5mg of val as backup which is a stupid excuse to use as backup. I am making it through my 1st day and have just had 10mg of Baclofen so hope this goes well. Just wondering if anyone has done similar?

I'm not quite sure what you are hoping for with the meds you mention. Valium is a benzodiazepine and has a sedating effect (a very pleasant one too!) whereas baclofen is a muscle relaxant of a very different type. You won't in all likelihood feel any effect with a small dose. People here have used it over long periods of months or more, gradually building up the dose in the hope of reaching a state of indifference to alcohol. Many people report that they have too. It isn't the sort of med one gets any benefit from popping once in a while.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Comment

OK. What I mean't to point out is that I have used valium to quit cold turkey before and has done well however this time ,I do have 100 baclofen tablets and is the first time on a detox.I have no more val left.

I got my bloodwork tested last week and will catch up with the doc tomorrow. I don't want anything major to go wrong in the first week however have been fine other times with val . I quit for 3 months cold turkey 2014 without any val from drinking 10-15 cans/day using mega dose vitamin C , gatorade and health food however this time around I want to be careful
      Last edited by Neo; February 9, 2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X