thursday after ash wednesday ..dtdf!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday after ash wednesday ..dtdf!!

morning all...how are we today then?all good? cant stop on long..Im going down to my brothers today ..but the traffic volume means it take 2.45 to get there ..so how are we all today then?well it was sunny yesterday,had a great time dans le jardin....decided now that I am def getting a new greenhouse...so now that I have got the idea best get on with it...Pie ..thought of waterseal,but nope its not for internal wood ...every where I have looked says it cant be done...but it is done therefore it must be if that makes sense??Ive just given a litre of vodka away to a friend..for me thats a biggy...as that was my undercover tipple of choice...how times change!!
    hey pauly hows you? hiya sam Kuya ,ppqp,ns,det Lav and everyone else in our ever smaller growing club!!!

brews all round and have a good day everyone

Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were.

I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.

Top 3 situations that require witnesses: 1) Crimes 2) Accidents 3) Marriages Need I say more?

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

I sometimes watch birds and wonder "If I could fly who would I shit on?"

If you're not supposed to eat at night, why is there a light bulb in the refrigerator?

Apparently I snore so loudly that it scares everyone in the car I'm driving.

There are three kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can't.

You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going.

Entered what I ate today into my new fitness app and it just sent an ambulance to my house.

Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Team work is important; it helps to put the blame on someone else.

How is Donald Trump going to create middle-class jobs? By paying them to cheer for him during campaign events.

Critics say it’s illegal for Donald Trump to run for president while hosting a TV show. It’s also illegal to run for president if your hair wasn’t born in this country.

If Trump does become president, I hope he puts a wig on his plane and calls it Hair Force One.

Donald Trump is attacking President Obama’s background. And I said, “Wait a minute, Trump also is from a mixed background. He’s half jack and half ass.”

Donald Trump said he still wants to look more closely at Obama’s birth certificate to make sure that it’s real. Incidentally, President Obama said the same exact thing about Donald Trump’s hair.

Trump is very reluctant to release his tax returns. Either he doesn’t make as much money as he wants people to think he does, or he doesn’t want anyone to know he claims his hairpiece as a dependent.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thanks for the kick off Mick and MAE Abbers,

Today has been interesting.

Over the last couple days my daughter has been relating how an old school friend was becoming more and more stressed and suicidal about a boyfriend who had dumped her and grandparents who were threatening to chuck her out of the house BECAUSE of the boyfriend.

Long story short is the girl is staying with us having been admitted to the psyche unit last night and released this afternoon. She will stay with us for the next 3 days.

Her grandparents dropped her here tonight and are grateful she is staying somewhere safe BUT the basis of the problem is that they are from Thailand and wealthy and the boyfriend is a Maori and they do not want their granddaughter dating a Maori boy.

So sad. And they have no idea I know all this.

The girl's mother is in jail in New Zealand for 15 years for drug trafficking and the grandparents don't know that I know all this. They live in a delusion of ego.

Heaven knows how long it will take to unravel this insanity! Thankfully the girl seems happy enough to be here but she will need to be watched. I gave her a hug tonight and felt all her ribs and her face looks like an episode from "Coraline" she is so anorexicaly thin.

This is NOT going to be a quick fix.

Makes you realise how small the trivia here really is, doesn't it?!?!?
    Last edited by kuya; February 11, 2016, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

It's Thursday, sunny & not snowing for a change - yay!!

Mick, I hope you have a good visit with your brother & hope the drive is safe.
      A new greenhouse sounds good. I'll have to get a link to show you the one YB wants to build here. It will be large enough for him to live in I think, hah a!!

Kuya, oh boy, you have your hands full!
      What a shame that poor girl has such a difficult family situation. She is lucky to have you to fall back on :hug:
      I wish you the best & I am sure she will benefit from your care.

Hello to everyone & hope we all have a great AF day.
      I am off to Curves now to get my day started right. I will check in later!

PS: I see a troll by the name of MalODrama is making the rounds & leaving all kinds of insults - ignore that idiot, please!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
        thanks for the start up, Mick. Yep, there's a lot of Trump fodder to be had. Amazing someone who has lots of money, is insulting, has no plans, is on his way to being a possible presidential candidate. Leaving it at that! what kind of greenhouse?

Kuya, wow, that's a load for the person. Yep, sometimes others overwhelming problems makes our day to day stuff seem pretty insignificant; perspective, I do believe.

Lav, yes I saw the troll at work, the Byrdie almost look alike avatar. On the ignore list and moving on.

waves to all stopping by
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE All, Handing off the liquor gift was easy, thank goodness. Glad to be known as a non problem drinker in my 3D world these days.

Seems some trouble is brewing between dad and brother. Will be looking into that today.

Back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
            PS: I see a troll by the name of MalODrama is making the rounds & leaving all kinds of insults - ignore that idiot, please!
            I'm glad I read your good advice before posting the thoughts that have been swirling around in my head for the last hour or so. S/he attacked 2 of the people most instrumental in helping me quit drinking. I will always love and appreciate them unconditionally. I'm really saddened by how people have been treating one another in other ways around here. I'm not naive - we're all human. But that's the point. We're all human and we're all the same. We are connected. And those of us who find our way here share the obvious connection of addiction. That alone should give everyone some degree of empathy and compassion. The "golden rule" came into my stormy mind this morning but then it occurred to me that that's not enough. So many people who struggle with addiction don't love themselves and don't treat themselves kindly. We shouldn't treat others as we so often treat ourselves. But all of us must love someone. And behind every silly screen name and avatar is a real person with a real name and real feelings. I wish everyone would think about the words they write being directed to the person they love and only then decide whether to post.

Comment

hi ABsters, feeling might blue and sad today. I think it's from depression and self-doubt about not doing well for a few months now. At least no AL in the house and I have til Tue before any road time, so I'm grateful for that and of course for
              all you great folks.
              Talked with doc yesterday about maybe getting off ssri's in a safe way. I think they are holding back my emotional growth.
              will try to cheer up a bit now and visit soon.
              be well.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                I'm glad I read your good advice before posting the thoughts that have been swirling around in my head for the last hour or so. S/he attacked 2 of the people most instrumental in helping me quit drinking. I will always love and appreciate them unconditionally. I'm really saddened by how people have been treating one another in other ways around here. I'm not naive - we're all human. But that's the point. We're all human and we're all the same. We are connected. And those of us who find our way here share the obvious connection of addiction. That alone should give everyone some degree of empathy and compassion. The "golden rule" came into my stormy mind this morning but then it occurred to me that that's not enough. So many people who struggle with addiction don't love themselves and don't treat themselves kindly. We shouldn't treat others as we so often treat ourselves. But all of us must love someone. And behind every silly screen name and avatar is a real person with a real name and real feelings. I wish everyone would think about the words they write being directed to the person they love and only then decide whether to post.
                I saw this guy's post at me last night just before bed. It was not complimentary about either of us! LOLOL

Don't be upset for me NS .... It made me laugh. And TBH it was less disgusting than another post that remains in situ (and also makes me laugh).

But then most things make me laugh....I am a little odd that way.

We exercise dual standards depending on the poster and victim, don't we?

I did catch his contribution to the tool box, obviously very drunk.

I just wonder who he is when not using the Malodorous/Maladjusted disguise. That would be fun to discover.

Det I think that is a good long term plan re the SSRIs, take it slow though.

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                  hi ABsters, feeling might blue and sad today. I think it's from depression and self-doubt about not doing well for a few months now. At least no AL in the house and I have til Tue before any road time, so I'm grateful for that and of course for
                  all you great folks.
                  Talked with doc yesterday about maybe getting off ssri's in a safe way. I think they are holding back my emotional growth.
                  will try to cheer up a bit now and visit soon.
                  be well.
                  Hi Abber's.

All the best with it Det. You are never alone. Take care of yourself buddy.

Wishing your young friend a speedy and full recovery Kuya.
                  Last edited by Guitarista; February 11, 2016, 05:24 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

"hey pauly hows you? hiya sam Kuya ,ppqp,ns,det Lav and everyone else in our ever smaller growing club!!!"

maybe it's my breath, garlic, you know

Det, you take care there friend
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Temps are dipping near single digits here tonight ~ that's pretty darn cold for these parts!
                      Only a few stray snow flurries today so that's good news.

Kuya, people posting while drinking is certainly not unheard of here but I haven't seen any recently, that is until this morning. I'm glad we are mature enough to not feel offended & just ignore them. They always have the choice to stop any time they want.

Det, I hope everything works out smoothly for you. Be sure to follow instructions for slowly weaning yourself from the meds. We're here for you!

NS, stick with us. Most of us have developed thicker skin & are resistant to the trolls. We will help protect you

Hi there Sam. G & anyone popping in tonight.
                      Peace to all!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                        Temps are dipping near single digits here tonight ~ that's pretty darn cold for these parts!
                        Only a few stray snow flurries today so that's good news.

Kuya, people posting while drinking is certainly not unheard of here but I haven't seen any recently, that is until this morning. I'm glad we are mature enough to not feel offended & just ignore them. They always have the choice to stop any time they want.

Det, I hope everything works out smoothly for you. Be sure to follow instructions for slowly weaning yourself from the meds. We're here for you!

NS, stick with us. Most of us have developed thicker skin & are resistant to the trolls. We will help protect you

Hi there Sam. G & anyone popping in tonight.
                        Peace to all!
                        You are so right Lav....and , once again, I thank you for being you.

Comment

Working...
                        X