Does Baclofen work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Baclofen work

Hi everyone, I have been doing lots of research on Baclofen and its use for the treatment of alcoholism. So far much of the research, both scientific and anecdotal, seems to indicate that it is a very effective treatment. Has anybody on this forum tried it, in either high or low doses, and found that it was unsuccessful? I am interested in this as both a dysfunctional drinker and health care professional. 😀

Hi Stot, most of the members who are interested in medications available to treat alcoholism/AUD have moved to a new forum, The End Of My Addiction | Forum Discussing Alcohol Medication. If you go there, I'm sure they will be happy to answer any of your questions.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
      Hi Stot, most of the members who are interested in medications available to treat alcoholism/AUD have moved to a new forum, The End Of My Addiction | Forum Discussing Alcohol Medication. If you go there, I'm sure they will be happy to answer any of your questions.

thank you for the heads up. I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stot View Post
        Hi everyone, I have been doing lots of research on Baclofen and its use for the treatment of alcoholism. So far much of the research, both scientific and anecdotal, seems to indicate that it is a very effective treatment. Has anybody on this forum tried it, in either high or low doses, and found that it was unsuccessful? I am interested in this as both a dysfunctional drinker and health care professional. ��
        Stot, may I please inquire as to what your post topic has to do Baclofen?-really. You said that it does not work, but then you say your research found that it does. Was your topic heading/title simply meant to garner the attention of others or do you really want to know how Baclofen works for some but does not work for others?

Comment

Note to any new members to MWO:

The poster who goes by the username of "Wilson1" is a troll who has been repeatedly banned from MWO for his abusive, drunken attacks on fellow members. Please go to theendofmyaddiction.org if you want to participate in a supportive, troll-free, well-moderated forum.

Comment

It looks like Carl is drunk again.... so I am putting up these quotes so that he can't delete them tomorrow when he sobers up:

Originally posted by Wilson1
            May I please reach out and say something to any of you who read the few posts posts that Serenity makes on this forum? She/he repeatedly makes the same post in an effort to garner attention for his or her self. Serenity offers NO helpful information relative to medications for alcoholism or otherwise. Serenity is is what one can truly define as a troll. A person who is intent on harming another person or persons, simply to garner attention for themselves.

Serenity, many times I do find myself feeling sorry for you. I know that you are probably a good person, but you are simply trying to gain attention for your self in the wrong way. You are an addict and your posts are quite indicative of your addiction.

Severe nitty, is there any way for you to leave other people alone and post your own helpful information? I simply do not believe that you are capable of doing so, but please surprise us all. Please.

Serenity, I think now will be a good time to start reviewing your history. Gaining access to your INS address, and finding out who and what you really are. It is time to for you to end your crusade -don't you think? Please offer helpful information or stop posting. End of story.
            TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Serenity, I think now will be a good time to start reviewing your history. Gaining access to your INS address, and finding out who and what you really are. It is time to for you to end your crusade -don't you think? Please offer helpful information or stop posting. End of story.
              Hey everybody,

I have reported the above post. Do any of us need drunk trolls who threaten us? I would encourage all of you to report him as well. Hope you have a great evening.

Comment

Note to any new members to MWO:

The poster who goes by the username of "Wilson1" is a troll who has been repeatedly banned from MWO for his abusive, drunken attacks on fellow members. Please go to theendofmyaddiction.org if you want to participate in a supportive, troll-free, well-moderated forum.

Comment

Baclofen seems to work for a select few. Certainly did not for me. I thought I was going to have a psychotic break by the time I got up to 40 mgs a day. And I'm no stranger to psychoactive drugs either, frankly.

Comment

I am a stranger to psychoactive drugs quite frankly. I am currently at 70 mg/day and although I do have SEs (mostly sleepiness in the afternoon) I have not come close to having anything like a psychotic break. I wish my doc would consider going beyond 100 mg/day, but we shall see. Is there anything that has worked for you, @lex? Are you sober, abstintent, moderating? I'm looking for people I can relate with and/or learn from. I hope you're doing well.
                    "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                    X