sattiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sattiday

mornin all ..hope we are all doing ok..pretty busy this morning,so jist popped in ,,so lets ava brew and crack on ..will jump in later on..in the meantime carry on as "normal"

14691035_1805376479738676_8811793850479241416_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, that about sums up my nights Mick just a quickie from me too, I do not feel like going to work today, I'll post more later, just wishing everyone a great AF Saturday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

wow where is everyone?been a bizzy day,making a new work bench,getting stone sorted for the back garden,also time to say goodbye to my tomato plants...au voir ...see ya next year..in the meantime Mr Snotty here...full of the cold ...its not yet developed into man.flu...cant use that as an excuse as Im going tecting tomorrow..the clocks go back here tonight...so an hour less in bed..watching a great series on telly...great American railroad journeys..Michael Portillo...used to be a politician...crap at that but fantastic travel presenter..he is in Philly at the mo...ordering a cheese steak wit ..Ive just decided one of my bucket things is go to be as you say ride the Amtrak..and I will..hope everyone is having a good day..next week he goes from Lancaster to Gettysberg

The lady was embarrassed and apologetic to the priest after church service was over, "Reverend, I hope you didn't take it personally, when my husband bluntly walked out of the room during your sermon."
      "Yes, I did find it rather disrespectful to the Lord" the angry preacher cursed.
      "Father, I assure you It was not a reflection on your religious intelligence and abilities."
      The wife persisted. "You see John has been walking in his sleep ever since he was a child."

A man sees a sign outside a house - 'Talking Dog For Sale.' He rings the bell, the owner appears and tells him the dog can be viewed in the back garden.
      The man sees a very nice looking Labrador Retriever sitting there.
      "Do you really talk?" he asks the dog.
      "Yes," the Labrador replies.
      After recovering from the shock of hearing the dog talk, he man asks, "So, tell me your story."
      The Labrador looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the SAS.
      "In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one imagined that a dog would be eavesdropping.
      "I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years.
      But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at Heathrow to do some undercover security work, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded several medals. I got married, had a few puppies, and now I've just retired."
      The man is amazed. He goes back into the house and asks the owner how much he wants for the dog.
      "Ten quid," the owner says.
      "£10!!? But this dog is absolutely amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheaply?"
      "Because he's a lying bstard. He's never been out of the garden!!.

In a crowded city at a busy bus stop, a beautiful young woman who was waiting for a bus was wearing a tight mini skirt. As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus. Slightly embarrassed and with a quick smile to the bus driver, she reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little, thinking that this would give her enough slack to raise her leg. Again, she tried to make the step only to discover she still couldn't. So, a little more embarrassed, she once again reached behind her to unzip her skirt a little more, and for the second time attempted the step, and, once again, much to her dismay, she could not raise her leg. With a little smile to the driver, she again reached behind a third time to unzip a little more and again was unable to make the step.
      About this time, a large American man who was standing behind her picked her up easily by the waist and placed her gently on the step of the bus. She went ballistic and turned to the would be Samaritan and yelled, "How dare you touch my body! I don't even know who you are!"
      The American smiled and drawled, "Well, ma'am, normally I would agree with you, but after you unzipped my fly three times, I kinda figured we was friends!"

Arrived home last night to find a Pretty, Young Woman Grouting the Bathroom Wall.

Singing 'It's a Heartache, nothin' but a Fools Game.'...

I thought to myself, she's a Bonnie Tiler...!!..
      Last edited by Mick; October 29, 2016, 03:06 PM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey all! Hope ypur Sattidys have gone well! Mick, our clocks change next weekend. I wish they would leave the darn things alone! Sorry you are sickly
        Hey Pauly! Hope you had a good day at work.
        Hugs to all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello all - just wanted to drop in. :hiya: We'll be carving our pumpkins tomorrow so that we'll be all set for Monday. We've been watching some scifi/Halloween movies. That's about all the excitement on this end.

Mick - hope you feel better. We don't change our clocks until next weekend......I think:questionmark:

Have a great one everyone.

PS - I laughed out loud at a couple of today's jokes. Thanks Mick
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

11 pm check in for me, busy but good day!
            Did some stitching work & housecwork this morning. Ran out to the supermarket & 2 Amish markets this afternoon. Ailing daughter & family drove out today to visit. She certainly hasn't gotten out much the past few weeks & I think it's wearing her down a bit. She is doing OK, this is just going to be a long recovery.

Mick, no, not the man flu! Take lots of vitamin C & zinc. The zinc is supposed to shorten the length of the average cold.
            Funny that you mentioned Amtrak, they have been in the news all week threatening to go on strike!! Last I heard the strike has been averted, at least for now. I have used Amtrak once or twice in my entire life but I did have my daughter use it a few times when she was attending a university in the western part of the state. Driving her out to school, turning around & driving myself home meant 9 hours of driving in one day. That was a killer. Good luck tomorrow, I hope you find cool stuff.

Pauly, I hope work wasn't too bad today.

Hi there Nora & Byrdie!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X