Express your Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Express your Gratitude

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

I'm grateful that the sun is shining, even though it's -43 with the wind chill, it's better than the blizzard we had yesterday
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I am grateful for the love in my life (even when we are all sick with cold/flu)
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am grateful for tropical-like weather here today (60+ degrees) especially since we have snow predicted this weekend.

Stay warm up there cowboy
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I am grateful for sharing a volunteer job with a person I enjoy for the upcoming year. We worked together today on our first project.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I am grateful that I get to follow my passion in a new exciting business venture.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I am grateful to be free of addiction - and therefore free to really live.

Comment

I am grateful that someone else like ABC recognized the value of posting gratitude thoughts -regardless of the thread. I am certain that he did not realize that there is an ongoing gratitude thread or otherwise he would have posted his gratitude thoughts there? Unless?
                Last edited by canyouhearme; January 12, 2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I am grateful that I am today 8 years clean & sober & have done wonders with my new life & it would not have happened without the support & help from MWO.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I am grateful it is Friday and the three day weekend is ahead of me! I am grateful that all my plans are AF.

Comment

thanks cowboy for started a new gratitude thread.

i am grateful my mom lived as long as she did.
                      i am grateful my father is still alive.
                      i am grateful for my new job.
                      i am grateful to be healthy.
                      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Grateful to see the blue sky and a little sun following yesterday's rain.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I'm grateful that you made the effort to start a "clean" gratitude thread, Cowboy. Thank you!

Comment

I am grateful for the freedom I feel in being sober. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and I am free to be me (that Marlo Thomas song is now playing in my head!)

Comment

I am grateful that I am slowly recovering from an awful year in which I lost my mum, my sister and my dog ..... all within twelve weeks.

As I move further from these events I realise how much I still internalise all my sadness......I only briefly cried once.

Comment

Working...
                              X