Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sattiday

morn all...

everything done and dusted,bitz n batz purchased ,dentist seen ..that is my " visit ...the teef are done now complete finito...one year one week...so it kinda makes you wonder how you can get some of these implants in your mouth in a week ?mbh..yes its taken a long time but he is a perfectionist..and yep they do work ...tried them out on a steak...its about 10 years since I had a steak properly done...

ok then back to brewsville

hiya pie hows you then?all good I hope?you werent far off when you were saying about him wanting to admire his work ...think he is gonna put the pics up on their website..how not to look at 60..though I was a mere 59 when building work commenced!!If he does I will show you ...how to lose money fast!!!!no seriously tho Im well pleased with the result

hiya snoopster ....6 months 1 day.....many congrats to you....there is no turning or going back on this one...it is the biggy...well done:hug:

hi tt hope you are feeling a bit chirpier tonight..pmd you dont lose hope ..the fat lady is still singing.......♪♫ ♪♫♪♪

hiya sk ....did you get your money transfer done?anything happening over the weekend

hiya Lav...hows you?yep me n dentist have a special relationship..I give him money and he goes on holiday...his wife is a doctor ...so guess there must be a few shekels going into that household!Amy goes on about the shortages too..She was full ogf the cold the other night ,and phoned in,but they actually begged her to go in...there were only another 2 on nights..its the same over here with anything the govt has got its hands into ...even tho they called it devolved finance there is still public accountability for the funding so they wont pay..cops nursing staff,prison staff firemen you can actually get more stacking shelves in Asda than any of the above?I have got nothing but respect for the individual nursing staff that I have met in their professional capacity kind sympathetic,caring I have total respect for them..a lot of them leave because they cannot do what they signed up for ..care for people..because they are shrt they are too tifghtly stretched to do anything...

right Ive just jumped off of that high hoss...heres a brew!!!

hiya ppqp...how are you today?all good ..yep bitz n batz bought...heres a good one ...rehydrate sachets...named brand...£3.90 for 6 scahets...lookded around ..unamed brand ...exactly same contents and amounts( I checked!) 0.99p for 6.. result!!have you any plans for the weekend?

hiya pauly hows you today then?all good?hey if the dentistry is covered get it done!!

right big shout to all not here ...have a good one peeps....

A man walks into a bar and orders a drink. Then he notices there are pieces of meat nailed to the ceiling of the bar so he asks the barman what they are for. The barman replies, “If you can jump up and pull one of them down you get free beer all night. If you fail, you have to pay the bar £100. Do you want to have a go?”
    The man thinks about it for a minute before saying, “Nah, the steaks are too high!”

A man walks into a bar and says, “Give me a beer before the problems start!”
    He drinks the beer and then orders another saying, “Give me a beer before the problems start!”

The bartender looks confused. This goes on for a while, and after the fifth beer the bartender is totally confused and asks the man “When are you going to pay for these beers?”

The man answers, “Now the problems start!”

My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60.
    Now he’s 97 years old and we have no idea where the hell he is.

Bob left work one Friday evening.
    But it was payday, so instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with his mates and spending his entire wages.

When he finally appeared at home on Sunday night, he was confronted by his angry wife and was barraged for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions. Finally his wife stopped the nagging and said to him, “How would you like it if you didn’t see me for two or three days?”

He replied, “That would be fine with me.”

Monday went by and he didn’t see his wife.

Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results.

But on Thursday, the swelling went down just enough where he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye.

The teacher said to his class one day, “Please stand up, anyone who thinks they’re stupid.”
    Nobody stood up so the teacher said, “I’m sure there are some stupid students in this class!”

At this point Little Johnny stood up.

The teacher said, “Oh Johnny! So you think you’re stupid then?”

Little Johnny replied, “No, I just felt bad that you were standing up on your own.”

Doctor, doctor, I’ve got a strawberry stuck up my bum.
    I’ve got some cream for that.

Two windmills are standing in a field. One asks the other, “What kind of music do you like?”
    The other one says, “I’m a big metal fan.”

My girlfriend says I’m hopeless at fixing appliances.
    Well, she’s in for a shock.

A boy asks his Dad one day, “Dad, why is my sister called Paris?”
    His Dad replies, “Because she was conceived in Paris.”

The boy says, “Ahh, thanks Dad.”

His Dad says, “You’re welcome, Backseat.”

Thanks for explaining the word “many” to me.
    It means a lot.

What do you call a Mexican bodybuilder who’s run out of protein?
    No whey Jose.

I built an electric fence around my property yesterday.
    My neighbor is dead against it.

I bought a dog off a blacksmith today.
    As soon as I got it home it made a bolt for the door.

My wife accused me of being a transvestite.
    So I packed her things and left.

What’s the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?
    One’s really heavy, the other’s a little lighter.

I’ve been dating a homeless woman recently, and I think it’s starting to get serious…
    She’s asked me to move out with her.

I used to be a narcissist.
    But now look at me.

I was really shocked when I got a phone call from my credit card company telling me someone had cloned my card.
    There's now some stupid bstard out there as skint as I am!

What do you call a sad strawberry?
    A blueberry.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: sattiday

Good morning...

Warm sunny weather to look forward to, thanks everyone for the support and encouragement, this time is so different for me, I am truly done, and it is about time.

Mick, what a relief it must be to have no more dentist visits! Good for you.

Porquoi, thanks for the cake and support.

TT, thanks for stopping by and letting us know what is going on, no matter what, drinking would make it worse. Going through this with my son has been agony, so I get where you are coming from. Do they have head hunters, professionals that help you find professional positions where you are at? I know in the US they have those for higher level professionals. I am just brainstorming, my heart goes out to you. Unstructured time can be tough to fill. Take care.

Shout out to all, let's make this another AF weekend!!!!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick those jokes haha! Its raining hard here,woke up to the sound of the ceiling dripping splat,splat on my bedroom floor again! I hate my landlord, he's such a cheapo,I kinda want to move but I've been here so long it gives me the creeps kinda to even think about living in a different house,I don't want to buy either,although I should. SF,I wasn't trying to discourage PQ from trying the Chantix,I just happened to be reading an article the night before on different drugs and that one came up so she popped in my head,I agree that quitting smoking is a life or death situation too and everything should be tried that's available, I just still like smoking are you still working at the store too for now? SK,your money situation in MX sounds awful!what a pain.waves to all,hope we all have a great AF Saturday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

:checkin: Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL WEEKEND. :heartbeat:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Saturday ABerooos!

oh, so nice to sleep in this am.

Mick, yer finally done with teef? that's fantastic, back onto solid foods eh?

Snoopy, mega kudos hon

just a quiet day at home posting stuff on ebay and continuing to downsize. I feel like I'm getting a tad organized which
          was badly needed. Not really motivated to cook for just myself but I really need to. Wondering if there's anything outside
          that could benefit from me pointing a camera at it? hmmmmmm

back laterish,

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey Det...good to see you, hope you got outside and succeeded to find the perfect pic. I'm going to follow in your shoes and start getting organized. The appetite will come back, could really use a good grilled vegetable recipe, done under the broiler for now....

Hey to NoraC...Pauly...Snoop...and

Mick...great job at researching the rehydrate sachets, hope you don't need them. On call tonight as boss is away enjoying Family Day. Monday off makes it a long weekend for me :yay: Going to do some organizing (Det's idea) and bridge on holiday Monday....shaping up to be a good weekend....:smile:PPQP
            Last edited by porqoui; February 18, 2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

MAE,Mick, in answer to your question, no I wasn't able to transfer the money. To revisit my attempts is too hard to explain. I was fitted with new caps and the canine tooth is quite a bit longer. I pointed this out and he said all canine teeth are longer. Yeahbut this is a fusking fang. Torrential rain and flooding here. Going to watch some Netflix. The rest look gawjus.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had a fairly decent warmish day here, nice. Tomorrow is looking to be even better so I will dust off the grill & get some turkey burgers on there

Mick, it seems the 'helping professions' just suck the life out of you. We all end up having to retire early & do other things. I'm just glad to know that we served society & humanity to the bets of our abilities as long as we could

Hi there SnoopsStar, Pauly & Nora

Det, cooking for yourself is kind of difficult. Do you have any friends around that you could impress with your cooking skills once in a while? I'm sure they would appreciate your efforts. How did the picture taking go?

PQ, sounds like you have a good weekend lined up, nice.

SK, sorry about the tooth situation. Maybe someone can shave some of the length off that cap for you. I know I have had crowns removed & sanded down for a better fit.
                Good luck!

Hello to Pie & SF.
                TT, is there any chance you could do some writing or consulting work like SF mentioned? Just thinking out loud.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X