Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Feb 24

MAE ALL...

Starting the thread and putting the kettle on...

Mick...hope you're having a blast.

Det...how are you doing today?

Will post this and then check back in a bit....:smile:PPQP

Re: Friday Feb 24

Mae everybody, PQ,thanks for the kick off I feel drained,slept yucky for the past few nights,meh,hope Mick pops in with some pics today Det,hope you're feeling OK today,try and get some rest,lots of missing peeps wish they'd check in,much love to all and I hope we all have a wonderful AF Friday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thank you loves. pretty shaky but it comes and goes. Lav, I llike the idea of us in the same room. visualizing that now. back soon friends.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi folks. I'm not missing Pauly just missing words sometimes. So Brady's birthday is on Sunday. Our celebrations were low key but we had a nice lunch in the sun at a restaurant by the beach. Daughter opted for clothes this year - retro ones. mr GB got her art supplies and I found some other Nic nacs plus a cooking book so she can experiment in the meals dept. Lots of chocolate. Then she spent the night at a friends place - sort of her second home. Lots to be thankful for.
        Sorry about your breakout Det. You really have to get old fashioned help IMO whether it's rehab or the more affordable AA. This is not the time to cut yourself off.
        More sun today and a lot to do. Another 2 job applications - one is a dream job and one is just a wee bit of something but very worthwhile. First I want to take a walk.
        Hi there snoopy, mick Lav, PQ, Pie and where are you Sam.

Comment

Hiya peeps early start this morning. ..down to crystal springs and swam with the manatees they are awesome then onto an airboat on one of the lakes again both were on Julies bucket list...more brownie points to mensure the guide was great too.. it was a fantastic day

Det....tt is right..get help you need it mate to get your house in order
          Ppqp ta for the start up..and the brew
          Hey Paul how's you then
          Tt hope things are doing a wee bit better ..any word of anything
          Hi lav .you OK
          Big shout to all the uvverz

20170224_162255.jpg

20170224_144246.jpg

20170224_113741.jpg

Outside our balcony tonight

20170224_182419.jpg
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Thanks for the startup PQ. How's the weather today? Not too bad I hope

Hi Pauly, hope your day was good.

Det hugs to you & yes, we are all in this room together. We have all dealt with this same BS at one time or another so we understand each other, right?
            First & foremost, make sure you are getting plenty of H2O so you don't dehydrate then find yourself a little something to eat. Focus on the detox for a few days then maybe you can start asking yourself a few questions. We have to decide when we have had enough of this BS then take whatever steps necessary to break the cycle. It can be done, if that's what you really want :hug:

TT, I'm glad your daughter's birthday was pleasant.
            My granddaughter is turning 6 on Sunday so we are taking her out to lunch then to a Build a Bear shop. That's what she wanted to do so that's what we are doing

Mick, stay clear of those Florida gators - GEEZ! They have been know to eat people, ugh.
            Glad you are enjoying yourselves. My son & grandsons are in FL too but the are on the west coast watching our hometown baseball team in spring training, ha ha!

Hello to the missing crew & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well...that was a long "bit" to check back in. Was one of those busy but not stressful days, went from 9am to 4pm in a blink of an eye.

Pauly...looks like Mick heard you! Hope your sleep improves, I know exactly how you feel.

Det...good to see your post. Lav has great advice, take care of the detox first and foremost. You know you'll get through it, one day at a time. Keep checking in! :hug:

TT...good luck on the applications, hope you get the "dream" job.

Mick...great pics! Sounds like you're having a fabulous time, you and Julie sure deserve it. :heartbeat:

Lav...it snowed all day today and is supposed to continue all weekend!! What's the saying "In like a lion, out like a lamb" Got a feeling this will be the end of it and March will be much the same as last year...trying to talk the "itchy" gardeners out of planting too soon.

The Board of Directors have recognized my contributions to the company during the boss's medical absences and presented me with a fairly sizable cheque. The money will definitely help but the acknowledgement is priceless!

Let's all make this the best weekend we've had in a long time.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Glad to see you acknowledged PQ. Thats really important. You know thats what really hurt me when I was made redundant - that I never even thanked for so much work, loyalty, professionalism and leadership over 28 years - just penalized. And I didn't do anything wrong. It was financial and management policies. Oh well.

Comment

Just checking in. Definitely drank too much caffeine today. At least tomorrow is my designated "rest day".

Loving the new job---just need to get my strategy down. They definitely want too much out of me for the time designated--so I have to rework that with them.

They also are board game geeks and have introduced me to a whole new world. These are not games you would find on any store shelf. The cool thing is that my family is getting into it and we are having fun playing them. It definitely beats the Monopoly or Dungeons & Dragons. I have a new one coming tomorrow. The other thing is that the investment for a game is so much lower than going out to eat or a movie with there being 4 of us.

I still enjoy being at the store--except I have created a monster. Since I'm only there 3 nights EVERYONE gets a freaking sandwich. I do like the mix of the store, new gig and my on-line stuff. Just need to get time management down.

I had my groceries freaking delivered today---it was awesome!

PQ--I just can't do the snow. Congrats on the recognition. Usually it comes with only a pat on the back. Nice that it came with a check!

Mick--hope you are enjoying the time in Orlando.

TT-glad to see that you are still plugging away. I've been on Linkedin more for my new gig and for fun I applied for 5 jobs in my old field because they popped up. I haven't heard a peep.

Det-I hope that things are smoother with you. I do notice in your posts that the highs seem high and the lows seem low. It was a warning sign I remember from AA. I never did well at home alone. Sometimes I felt so desperate I wanted to hire a babysitter for myself. We have all been there at some point. Drink, feel like crap. Don't drink and think we are fine. Then drink, feel like crap. Being the photographer that you are--maybe pick up a book called "Turning Pro" by Pressfield. He is pretty dead on with addiction and how it relates to artists. It is a short read. I would at the very least call a few rehabs and find out information. There is absolutely no shame in going to rehab. The shame is that more of us don't go. Speaking for myself---I certainly may have cut years off of my hell if I had gone. Some come out and drink again---but, what I do notice about that group is that they get back on track fairly quickly.

I think you kind of have to go through hell in the beginning. I always remembered the song line "if your going through hell keep on going before the devil knows your there". My devil was Miller Lite---and now I don't even give it a second look when in the store. I will still feel the circuits light up in certain fantasy situations. Like seeing a group of friends laughing over a bottle wine. That was not my reality. Mine was drinking at home and hiding from all my friends.

See too much caffeine---I'm reading a fairly boring book, but I want to see how it ends. Hopefully that will put me to sleep.
                  Last edited by TheSunFlower97; February 25, 2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X