Sattiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sattiday

Morn all..quick jump in...it's 6am..off to universal stoodios this morning. .got early passes for it too so be there for 8.and I'm driving 😂so keep off the pavements. .will jump in later on....det go for it...you willing to lose all you cherish for fkn booze? ????didn't think so we are here with you ..your call.....
    Big hello to everyone else
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Sattiday

Mae everybody, Mick,you're just too cute glad you're having fun,SF,that was a great post PQ,nice to be acknowledged by your employer and the check isn't shabby either,Det,I know everyone is suggesting rehab but the reality is that we can't just up and take 30 days off from bills,work a household, etc I think you drink cuz of shitty moods,I don't think you sit around wanting booze just the escape?? I finally put my finger on it as the cause for my binges,I think finding a way to control the shit moods is one of the first steps,I dunno I'm not a freakin expert just sharing how I feel,I'm just afraid that one of these days a binge is gonna cost us our lives,you never know, I'm always shocked by how much I can suck down in a short amount of time! Its sickening.OK enough preaching from me,I don't wanna go to work!!! Hate working with those trolls oh well, much love to all and I wish us all a happy AF Saturday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks Paiuly. I do think that rehab saves lives. "I can't be away for 30-60 days" said every single person who went to rehab. Plus, I'm suspecting you are missing days of work or not functioning. There is the family medical leave act or if you take ahort term disability you will still get paid some money. Yes this counts for short term. I just don't see how your going to pay those bill if your dead, have a stroke, heart attack, injure yourself. In the big scheme of life 30 days is nothing. And it could change everything. I had all those excuses lined up as well. Every single addict does. Go get help Det. Everyone here and DX cares too much. The fact that I am even still alive or not some vegetable is pure sheer miracle. Not luck. A fucking miracle.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...big hello to you too. What are you doing at Universal Studios? Going to be on any game shows we can watch? LOL

Pauly...finding a way to control the shit moods is exactly what goes on in Rehab. The excuse I couldn't be away from work for 30 days didn't cut it when the alternative was death. I actually went in for 90 days, got out, got married and the first thing the ex said was you can drink if you want to. That relationship was doomed from the start. LOL

SF...I enjoyed reading your post yesterday as well. I know I had to go through hell until I finally decided to do something about it. Hadn't heard that song but I'm glad I kept going. LOL I love playing board games. It's turned into quite the thing around here. People book the hall and show up with all their games. No phones at the tables!

TT...thanks, the acknowledgment really did mean more than the money, not that I'm giving it back. LOL At least you know you gave them 28 years of work, loyalty, professionalism, leadership and you should be very proud of that.

No snow yet today, groceries bought and put away. Hadn't decided what I'll do with the rest of the day till the sun hit all the dust in the room so you know what I'll be doing. Have a Super Sober Saturday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

I think I just wrote the most important post of my life--the truth about what happened to me. And poof it's gone. I wrote it for you Det. It's not a story I'm proud to share and goes much deeper than being arrested. Sometimes when things don't post I feel like they weren't meant to be said. I have to run--Det just know the depths this thing to me to are scary. More than a bad hangover or missed days at work. And it all could have avoided if I had the balls to go to rehab.

Comment

20170225_094034.jpg
            For all Harry Potter fans.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3299[/ATTACH]
              For all Harry Potter fans.
              JEALOUS.COM....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ppqp.......platform 9 and 3 quarters

IMG-20170225-WA0017.jpg
                Inside Gringotts bank

20170225_085437.jpg

Creature at Sirius Black's house..

20170225_102013.jpg

20170225_095058.jpg
                Hogsmeade

20170225_095341.jpg

Comment

But the old time favourite. ......

20170225_121045.jpg

20170225_121028.jpg

Comment

WOW....Thanks Mick!

Comment

20170225_123913.jpg

Welcome

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Last but not least Lav here, ha ha!!!

Great pics Mick, Universal Studios is fun.
                        My grandson would be impressed with the 'twains'
                        Glad you are staying clear of the FL gators!

PQ, I feel sorry for you dealing with all that snow, bummer. We have had so very little here this winter.
                        Wonderful that you finally received some well deserved compensation at work!!

Hello to Pauly, TT, & everyone checking in today. Det, hope you are OK buddy!

Going to spend some time with my granddaughter tomorrow on her 6th birthday. Fun times

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings ABers, goodness I dozed off which is great. I rarely do that during the day. Sun I really am taking what you're saying seriously and trying to figure out details.
                          Pauly, yes I try to drown out the 'crap' thoughts indeed. I don't drink myself to a puddle for fun, that's for sure.
                          Mick, super picks and that looks like big fun.
                          Had an AF friend over today which helped, and I'm going to an AF potluck tomorrow.
                          still feeling rather weak but I know this shall get better
                          be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det....so glad to hear you're seeing AF friends and not isolating yourself. AF potluck sounds great...take lots of garlic! LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X