Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday AF free

Hi folks
    Well I might as well start the thread since Mick is now a day behind me- driving on the wrong side of the road I hope not. Its Sunday afternoon here and been quiet day at home. I got some bags of old clothes that were in storage and went through them - some for the charity shop, some to be altered and some to actually wear again. Still a work in progress.
    Are you doing anything for Brady on Sunday Pauly? I cant recall where he lives now.
    Yes thats great about the cheque PQ.
    Good to hear from you SF - you seem to loose an awful lot of posts.
    Sam? Pie? Time to check in.
    Hi there Snoopy and Lav.
    Det -we all have said a lot about getting help and you know thats only because we know that this is very serious for you. I know rehab is not possible for everyone - it certainly wasn't for me because rehab programmes are pretty rare where I live and the few that are available are so expensive it would knock your socks off and there is no insurance here for that sort of thing. Most of the emergency places have closed down.
    Thats why I suggested AA. You had tried this before and seemed to find a group/people you were comfortable with. There must be many other AL and addiction support groups in a place like Vegas.
    I will leave the jokes to you-know-who and bow out now. You all have a good Sunday.

Re: Sunday AF free

Hey cest moi...having a doss day today. ..allegedly. ..doing all this on da phone so it takes ages ...even to get the spelling rite...some of the roads are shut. . There is a Disney marathon going on.. me I'm doing a half marathon......mara ..easy there you go ta for the start up tt..yep they drive on the wrong side over here...it's easier just to point an aim..potluck driving
    Lav yep the twins are great. ..what is scary is I remember them as kid and the little compartments you sat in
    Det. how are you

Big shout to everyone
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks for the start up TT. Mick, I want to go back and read about your Disney adventures.

I'm just emerging from the fog of flu. Eight days of incapacitating muscle aches, stomach cramps, chills, and blurred vision. Awful, scary stuff, and since I don't get sick very often, I'm not any good at dealing with it. Need to regain some strength and forward momentum. Posting here seems like a good start.

Comment

Pie...hope you are feeling better. ...
        Ppqp go on to you tube and type in on board the hogwarts express there are a few good vids on there
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, TT,Brady lives in his bedroom haha he's not allowed to move out til he's 40,we just went to Outback steakhouse again that's what he wanted, $100 and some give cards,a couple of shirts,he's good.Det,lives in northern Nevada which is a completely different planet than Vegas,actually Vegas may as well be its own state its just....shittily different than anywhere else,Mick,looks like alot of fun,PQ,I take it you're a HP fan? Pie,oh my goodness,sounds like the flu hit you hard! Hope you're feeling better, waves to all and wishes for a great a AF Sunday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

greetings ABers,

TTops, thanks for the startup. yes, AA is the most practical for me atm and I can ask around there too about other options locally.

Pie, that sounds dreadful, glad you are better.

Mick, have fun for us.

bit droopy from not sleeping well but otherwise AF and ok. Better start on potluck lunch....

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for starting us off this morning, glad your day has been a quiet one.

Mick...glad you're having a doss day. I will check out on board the hogwarts express, I love Harry Potter.

Pi...YIKES! Sorry you got hit with the flu bug and glad you're on the road to recovery. Don't tell anyone but there was a news item yesterday claiming the "Man Flu" is a real thing.

Pauly...you should have bought shares in Outback!

Det...glad to hear your AF and ok, we worry about you. Potluck lunch?...sounds like you're not isolating yourself which is good to hear.

Lav...it's not been too bad dealing with the snow, it's been worse. It was definitely nice to get the recognition.

Chore day today, just as well as it's cold out there. Have a Super Sunday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sounds as if you got a bonus, PQ? Very decent of them to recognize, at least in part, how above and beyond you went to hold things together. You'll let us know if you splurge on something indulgent, won't you?

Comment

Pi...well I could always dream....splurge will be on bill payments....and that will make me very happy! Hope you're feeling better...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I had a fun birthday lunch with my granddaughter today - can't believe she is 6 already, geez!

Thanks for the startup TT!
                    I need to fill some bags to donate to Purple Heart. They come & pick up clothing, household items, etc. You can even donate an old car if you want!!

Mick, glad you are having fun & driving on the correct side of the road
                    My son & grandsons flew home from Florida last night so they stopped in to say hello this afternoon.

Pie, goodness, hope you recover soon! No fun being so sick like that. Take good care of yourself.

Pauly, you don't want to keep Brady home until he's 40, ha ha!!
                    Teach him all he needs to know now then give him a push in another year or two

Det, glad you are doing OK. Finding AF friends & activities is a big deal, good choice. Hope the potluck was yummy!

PQ, we have the cold air back today but I don't think it's going to stay. No talk of snow anytime soon either. I am OK with that! I hope yours disappears soon.

Hello to Sam & SF & anyone else jumping in tonight.
                    Wishing everyone peace.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just a few cheer ups...out early in the morning swimming with dolphins got to be there for 7...

20170226_175523.jpg

20170224_145252.jpg

20170224_164713.jpg

IMG-20170225-WA0003.jpg

Comment

TT, thanks for starting the thread, hope you are doing well. As long as you remain AF, anything good is possible.

Mick, love the pictures, looks like you are having a marvelous time.

Pie, so sorry you had the flu, and hit so hard too. Take care.

Det, good to hear you are loving and cherishing yourself, finding those meetings will help, the potluck sounds fun. Let us know how it went. What did you make? I know you are a good cook.

Hello to all, sorry I am late, but the thread starts after I am off the site. Have a good start to your week.

Comment

Working...
                        X