Mar 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mar 2

Morning all. .wow. long day yesterday. ..13 hrs total in the park..great day tho..and yep I lost band number 2..worked out how..I was carrying a backpack and taking it on and off it caught the brand strap and gone it was. ..so now I have a card..yep was on the its a small world ride..3 min video of it!!!had dinner with the Disney characters watched the fireworks ..as most of you will know we were meeting up with byrdie and hubs but unfortunately things haven't quite worked out like that ..byrdie is not too well at the moment and tbh it would not have been a great time disappointed? Very much so..we all are but her health is first..we have developed a brilliant friendship thru .this site. .both our families (even the rabbits think she is ace!)we will meet up somewhere else but I have the greatest respect for her..not feeling well and yet still posting helping others on here...seems like a few on here are having it a bit tough at the moment hang in there it will get better .especially with a clear head
    Don't know what we are doing today...it won't be a zoom about day tho so brew first for us all..have good one peeps...20170301_200729.jpg

20170301_200904.jpg
    20170301_174236.jpg
    20170301_090332.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: Mar 2

MAE ALL...thanks for listening yesterday everybody, I'm doing much better this morning, especially after a good nights sleep.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning and thanks for the PM. Just going to deal with one box at a time.

Det...I remember when that feeling of calm came over me. Like you say it's hard to explain but that feeling of being enthusiastic about life had been missing for a long time.

Looking forward to my therapy session today and learning some coping skills. I'm hoping she'll be able to help with all the noise going on in my head. LOL
    Have a productive day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick you're gonna hafta glue that card to your hand!! Love the pics PQ,glad you feel better and had a good nights sleep,Det,the view of the lake is beautiful, feel sort of "off" this morning not sure what's up but I'm sure it'll pass,much love to all and I hope we all have a wonderful AF Thursday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hope the therapy goes well PQ. Sometimes just talking it out helps too but CBT therapists usually want to suggest strategies.
        You sound busy Mick - busy looking for lost things! Sorry about Byrdie.
        Keep smiling Det. And work hard on the recovery.
        Blogs aren't my thing really and I have writing commitments to fulfill.
        Hope you feel better Pauly and Snoopy.
        Lav - any news from Sam?
        I had a bit of a setback - something I was after and wrote a big proposal for fell through - the funding was cut. Thats how it goes.
        Take care all!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the setback TT. Met with the therapist for just a few minutes as I wanted to talk to the someone about Champix side effects so saw her too. I'm happy with what I heard so will be starting my Champix as soon as I fill the prescription. Going back to my therapist next week as really all she got today was a rough history of my life.

Pauly...I think Mick should glue the card to his head. LOL Hope your day got "on".

Perogies for supper tonight so must get at it. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We have had a day of high winds but kept the power on, amazing
            Expecting a snow shower tomorrow with no real accumulation, so they say, ha ha!

Mick, nice pics. Gotta love the fireworks over the castle
            Sorry Byrdie had to cancel, poor thing. I hope she feels better real soon.

Aww PQ, sorry you have to deal with the legal BS again. I hope it gets sorted out quickly!
            Good timing with the therapy appointment for sure. It's wonderful to have a calm person just sit & listen while you unload your concerns. It helps to clear your mind & sometimes your path forward :hug:

Pauly, hope your day improved.
            Det, that was a beautiful picture of your lake, thanks!

TT, I did have a message back from Sam. He's good & has been working hard! I was happy to hear that.
            I'm sorry your proposal fell through due to funding. These are the things we truly have no control over I guess. Hang in there please.

I sure am glad we are all in this together. I truly believe in the strength in numbers theory.
            Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening.

Good luck and wishes for those who are struggling. Det, very glad to see your sobriety days in an upward trajectory.

Byrdy, hope this flare up settles down. Like you, I can't eat broccoli and now cabbage. Between Chron's and my dental work, it's mashed potatoes or mashed anything. I should just eat baby food!

I posted at length on the steppers thread my upcoming surgery dates; Mar 24 for knee, arthroscopic for meniscus 2 tears, and the cartilage is shredded. On the spine I thought it was L1 and L3 that were broken. It's 4 from L1 to L4 (incl). Having a new method and full recovery will take a lot longer. But I think just the pain relief would be outstanding. Plus, my new implants will allow me to smile through it. And Flop off to the doctors who refused to give me medication b/c they were too lazy to read the MRI.

Tired and off to bed.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hope you have a good sleep SK. I knew you were dealing with health issues but wow what a road you're walking. I'm flopping of the doctors with you. :hug:

Lav...glad you heard from Sam. I'm not worried about him MIA, he's got his head screwed on the right way. Turns out the therapist I saw was the same one I saw in 2011 when I moved back to Alberta and was dealing with the total lack of self esteem/worthlessness I was feeling. Or as my doctor put it "the number my ex did to me".

I'm trying to eliminate the word "should" from my vocabulary so the dishes aren't getting done tonight. LOL Sleep well everyone....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hidy ho ABerooskies!

Mick, you just like getting new wristbands i guess great to see you're having loads of fun. any better tea?
                  tea isn't really something us yanks are terribly good at.

looks like a mixed bag of ups and downs on the AB bus. As always, booze in the mix is like throwing gas on a small fire.....
                  we know what happens.

SK, have you looked at the GAPS diet? I've heard great things.

thanks to errands I'm behind on my evening chores so I have to nip out quick.

catch you lovelies tomorrow

be well
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X