Sunday AF March 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday AF March 5

Morning everyone - tis Sunday already and I am on my second cup of coffee. Thought I might as well start the thread although a bit hard to type as I sliced part of my thumb yesterday when I was cooking. No damage but annoying.
    Sorry I haven't written much but dont really have a lot to say.
    Hope the birthday celebration went well Mick. You will be home soon - now won't that be fun?? Make the most of the warmer weather. But that I see it snowed on parts of the East Coast of the US yesterday - did you get any snow Lav?
    Any snow over the border PQ?

You sound good Pauly - enjoy your Sunday.
    How are you Snoop? Pie? Det?

About to drive my daughter somewhere - as she is doing some filming today. At least this gets me out of the house!

Hope to see some familiar faces soon!

Re: Sunday AF March 5

Hey TT, thanks for starting the thread. Been busy and have a busier week ahead. Hope you have a good day.

Mick, love the pics, what a fantastic time you and Julie are having. It makes we me want to go down there.

Det, so good to see your posts, glad you had a fun time with friends, AF. Not sure what's for dinner here either. Last night was leftovers, but they were good. Sending you encouragement and support.

Hello to all, have a good one.

Comment

Hiya folks..birthday went well. .went back to animal Kingdom seeing as it was pouring down last time..watched the rivers of light show...fantastic! !hiya tt and snoops..tt what are you doing cutting your finger...it's back to rounded scissors and crayons! !!
      Hope everyone has a good day

IMG-20170304-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20170304-WA0002.jpg

20170304_192257.jpg

20170304_153715.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all,
        Sunday AM and things are a bit relaxed this morning, haven't been so for the last week or so, mostly tax stuff, farm, and work.
        A few things been on mind, the aging process for sure... in regards to estate planning... who do I leave my debt to?? (I feel your pain PQ), I love going out and looking at the night sky but wonder the why's of the justification of destroying the environment. I have folks tell me I worry too much, I'm afraid they don't concern themselves enough.

So glad it turned back a little cooler... boy I'd hate to be in the orchard business. Spring was in full fling and I'm sure the peach growers got waked by this last cold snap. It got way too warm too early.

Thank goodness drinking is not a problem these days!

TT, whats a matter U, keeps those knives pointed away.
        Mick, you look like you're having a great time. The last pic of the mountain? what exhibit is that?
        Morning Snoopy, all well in your land.
        Pauly, thank you for asking about me... try to be about more often, been in a more reflective mood than outgoing.
        DET, how is it all going? I know things ave been difficult but you sound stronger, eh?
        Lav, how's the chickens? I found a little video I shot of a blacksnake with egg inside getting out of the chicken yard last year.
        amazing what can be tucked away on the ol computer.

be well good friends...
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam,its wonderful to see you I've been reflecting too,I hate tax time! Gets my adrenaline going,I already have enough damn bills now I gotta take on more debt! Also like you said just getting older and worrying about the future,meh,great to see you though Mick,lovely pics,I wonder if you'd have fun in Vegas or be bored stiff?TT,thanks for starting us off,I made a choice to go gluten free for the month now I'm scared! But I'm tired of feeling dragged out,headachey, spaced out and foggy,I have a feeling its the bread products cuz I went without (sort of) for a few days and felt clearer,more energetic, etc we shall see,luckily I have tons of recipes on Pintrest saved that look pretty good, Det,what ended up for dinner last night? PQ,is it freezing up there? We were 72 on Friday but now its blowing and dark,today is Lou's birthday and they're getting a jumpy house and bbq'ing hope it works out OK,can't believe my baby is 4,makes me sad that he's growing but happy he's healthy much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Sunday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings TT and Everybody!

Sam, I too am wondering about Mick's mountain pic. Surely not central Florida, right? I received two real estate commission checks this week, and though they don't quite cover the cost of getting my license, I'm tickled at the sight of those deposits into my checking account.

Dark, and rainy weather makes me think I'll skip usual Sunday visit to Dad, in lieu of curling up on the sofa. On Wednesday, I took Dad to visit his attorney, as Dad is still harping on the need to assist his caregiver with her immigration woes. Attorney shook some sense into Dad on this score, but I'm sure we haven't heard the end of it.

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for the start up. Ouch! we had to take the knives away from Mick are we going to have to do the same with you? Sitting here sipping my coffee watching the snow come down.

Snoop...hello to you too.

Mick...I too want to know about the mountain.

Sam...turned a "little" colder here too. Going to be sitting around 11F with snow all week.

Pauly...yup the freeze has returned. After a gorgeous 50F on Friday we're looking at overnight lows around -4F all week.

Pi...I'm tickled for you too. :goodjob: I'm following your lead and curling up on the couch today too. Glad the lawyer shook some sense into your Dad but like you say it's probably not over yet.

Det...good to see your post yesterday. Keep up the positive forward moves.

Off to get another brew....as Pi said Have a Fabulous Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya peeps Sam it's great to see you mate...yep sometimes I worry about mortality too much too especially with recent times and my friends mum died last night of cancer..all we can hope for is a peaceful painless move on..that mountain is a ride in magic Kingdom called everest expedition. ..hope we are having a good day
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Ahoy ABerooos!

TTops, thanks for booting us into gear today. you sound like me with the cutting of yerself and whatnot. I'm covered in scars!

Lav, ended up with broccoli-beef stir fry and it was fantabulous.

Pauly, can't go wrong with gluten-free. it will probably take a couple weeks to show the difference.

Mick, what great pics of a cool place, thanks much

Sam, so good to have you back here buddy.

Anyhoo... got about 8" of snow and I'm not doing much but hunkering down and doing laundry...how fun!
                  heading off to find some kind of scifi movie or something....

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Lav just been on this ride...cockerel and dog on the porch

20170305_174535.jpg

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Freezing our butts off here, only 12 degrees this morning, what??
                      Only had snow flurries yesterday & that was plenty for me

TT, I am dangerous (to myself) with sharp objects too. Hope your finger heals quickly.

Sam, I really don't appreciate it when someone tells me I worry too much. It seems like an attempt to invalidate your feelings & that's just plain wrong. My father did that to all of us, ugh. I am concerned about our environment too & I am really hoping that we can work hard enough to hold the line....
                      I remember being a junior in high school for the first Earth Day, it was so exciting! I am a progressive thinker on everything, I won't go back to the old days.

Pauly, if you are on Pinterest I will send you lots of gluten free recipes including an easy flat bread you can use for sandwiches
                      You just may end up feeling like a million after a GF month.

Pie, congrats on the paychecks, yay!! Nothing like making some money!!
                      I hope Dad continues to behave, oh boy.

Det, glad you found something good to cook!
                      I made a pot of dairy free mushroom soup today to help jazz up the rest of the dinner which was leftovers, ha ha!

Mick, great pics again!
                      I loved the snowy mountaintop in Florida
                      A dog on the porch & a chicken on the mailbox? Could be my house, lol

PQ, I don't know that I have the fortitude to live with your weather. Stay warm friend!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night. It's warming up to 50 degrees tomorrow so it's going to feel like spring once again.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X