thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday

mornin all...and hows the en bee kay today then..(Paulys idea) all good I hope...looks a nice day out there,rabbits are up and running about,there is a pheasant in the field giving it loads of noise,along with 11 look like young..Im digging somebody elses garden this weekend (sil) so hopefully back will not give me any grief..

ok so brew time it is

hiya Nora...how are you doing?hope all is welll and that your mum is ok ..and home..she looks healthier than me...

hiya Lav pot is on ....ooops coffee pot that is!!biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig brew for you so you have got the dogs to look after ...Im sure they will keep you busy!!Im looking at growing ornamental kale and cabbage from seed ..there are some fantastic varieties,yep they are all in usa ...and the postage is mad...think you have got enuff cabbages over there........:congratulatory:

hiya snoopster...summer orf?good for you ..if you can do it go for it....you work to live NOT vice versa... lets hope its a good summer all round..

hiya tt ..hows you then back in the land if normality ish yet?

hiya SK ...glad the surgery is doing ok........volley ball and sex???????jeez what are you like...I thought I was good.. jumpin off the wardrobe in a batman outfit but you win.. yep got to say ,the president hasnt exactly surrounded himself with thinkers...Spicer?whats he on about?he obviously missed history out at skool....

united airlines.... that is a bloody disgrace and someone should be in the firing line for that...serious I know but this made me chuckle..remember this?

YouTube

hiya ppqp ...glad you are feeling better..your energy levels up yet?

det ..hiya mate ..how are you today then?hope you are better..Been feeling frustrated at work and not even sure why. Getting so annoyed when i drop things or make any mistake. I'm just maintaining
    awareness of it and trying to let it pass. overall a better day though which I'm indeed grateful for. Also been so very tired and that's a head scratcher
    as well. May be adrenal fatigue... dunno.

or maybe a combination of everything....be careful det...get yourself focussed again mate...if you go back thru your fk it lets have a drink scenarios this is a prime..setting..annoyed,frustrated angry ..cheesed off tired ..and you meet someone who says cmon have a drink..and bam ..endex.You know how to deal with it now you have done so lets get going mate...post post post..and stop scratchin yer head ..youll get splinters!!!you can do it...a good day all round..

right peeps Im offski ..big shout to the rest ov the nbk..

I put my phone on airplane mode, and it dragged me out of my seat.

As chairman of the Blind Society, I've been accused of needlessly wasting money.
    So I've arranged a fireworks display to cheer everyone up.

Q: What did the duck say when he bought lipstick?
    A: "Put it on my bill." -

Yo momma is so fat when she went to KFC the cashier asked, "What size bucket?" and yo momma said, "The one on the roof." -

Q: What did the cannibal do after dumping his girlfriend?
    A: He wiped his bum.

Q: What kind of car does Jesus drive?
    A: A Christler.

Q: What do you call a Mexican that lost his car?
    A: Carlos. -

A little kid was out trick-or-treating on Halloween dressed as a pirate. He rang a house's doorbell and the door was opened by a lady. "Oh, how cute! A little pirate! And where are your buccaneers?" she asked. The boy replied, "Under my buckin' hat.

The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.

A guy walks into a pub and sees a sign hanging over the bar which reads, "Cheese Sandwich: $1.50; Chicken Sandwich: $2.50; Hand Job: $10.00." Checking his wallet for the necessary payment, he walks up to the bar and beckons to one of the three exceptionally attractive blondes serving drinks to an eager-looking group of men. "Yes?" she enquires with a knowing smile, "Can I help you?" "I was wondering," whispers the man, "Are you the one who gives the hand jobs?" "Yes," she purrs, "I am." The man replies, "Well, go wash your hands, I want a cheese sandwich!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: thursday

Good morning to all...

Mick, that last joke cracked me up. Where do you come up with these? Don't tell me, just keep'em coming. Thanks for your observations to Det, they are helping me too. You had stated that when you started your AF journey you would right out your feelings, etc., and were able to recognize when you were heading to possible relapse.

Det, I appreciated Mick's comments about watching when resentment, frustration, irritation starts to pop up in your life, because I know that in the past if I was not careful, those kinds of mood directions could land me in a place I would not want to be. I am not in a good place right now and have to be careful and manage with all the big changes going on in my life. Sometimes life is just difficult, drinking would make it worse. One thing I noticed is when there are big changes, I am afraid. Fear, the big one. Being mindful is a good idea, just taking today for what it is. Hope your day is good today.

Hello to all and have a great AF Thursday.

Comment

snoopster...sorry you aint in a good place at the mo..I take it that its because of your work issues...yes things may be tough...but tell me just one thing that will change for the better on a permanent basis if you drink..there isnt..we all get apprehensive scared frightened call it what you will...cast your mind back to something you were scared of..and once you had done it ..thought ..so what was the big deal..the trick is to turn that apprehension into forward thinking..lets go for it mindset
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick too funny! I'm gonna use the airplane mode one today be feck in careful with your back-too soon to dig up a garden,maybe wear some back support, Det,please dont let the way you feel right now derail you, your post made my alarm bells vibrate- no go off,just a feeling, you and I are nearly identical in out relapsing style so I relate a lot to you when it comes to all this,you gotta think too that you just signed divorce papers and it might be subconciously effing with you,give me a text if you feel slippery,not like I'm the master of sobriety but I do have a shoulder to lean on or a gut to punch if needed kids under the knife this morning, well just kinda with Kell but her bf is,it kind of bothers me that she didn't reschedule her procedure so she could be with him but maybe she couldn't I dunno,I'm not gonna say anything to her,much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Thursday-the no booze krew
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...energy slowly coming back, at least my appetite is back. You be careful with your back this weekend. We woke up to snow this morning. The big heavy wet flakes resulting in lots of slush. I thought April showers were rain.

Snoop...sorry things are rough for you right now. Your post hit home for me as I'm finding life difficult and agree drinking would just make it worse. Just taking the day for what it is too.

Pauly...hope everything went ok for the kids today. Still trying to figure out what Mick said at the opening of the thread. LOL

For a short week it sure was a long one. Easter weekend and have no commitments which I'm grateful for. Hope everyone has a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

OK, the crazy lady here now has 4 dogs, 1 cat, 19 hens & 6 baby chicks to feed, water & clean up after until sometime next Tuesday. Guess I'll be too busy to get into any trouble, LOL

Mick, is there any way for you to rent a roto tiller for a day? We own one but people around here rent them when needed. Sure saves the wear & tear on the old back!
            Next time you want seeds from the US just tell me. I can always sneak them inside a sweatshirt or something, ha ha.

SnoopStar, you know I had a great deal of fear to deal with too when YB decided to vanish on me 7 years ago. One thing that really helped a lot was reading Louise Hay's books & listening to Hay House radio. You know her history & how she overcame her fears :hug:

Pauly, I hope your kids are doing OK tonight! If you need any nursing advice, just ask!

PQ, you deserve a break this weekend so take one, please!!!

Det, do not beat yourself up about little stuff! That's a learned habit, a bad one. We need to treat ourselves with loving kindness - good self care!

SK, hello to you & anyone else popping in for a visit.
            Have a peaceful night everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oy ABerooos, sorry to miss my nightly checkin. Made the heroine of comfort foods.... garlic mashed potatoes and
              zonked out peacefully into a coma LOL. ok, off to today's thread
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X