Friday for the No Booze Krew-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday for the No Booze Krew-2017

Mae everybody, this is just a test in case another is posted at the same time..if not I'll be back
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Friday for the No Booze Krew-2017

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

Pauly, thanks for rockin us into a fine AF day. Any plans for the weekend?

thanks everyone for the pep yesterday. Happy to say it was a better day for me and I was even able to console
    a workmate that was feeling blue. Certainly no booze is going to tempt me to keel over into the dark abyss that
    it has waiting for any who dare to take the bait.

Snoopy, betterish today?

Lav, hows the pile of wood looking?

things are getting exciting here with state of emergency declared for anticipated flooding. Our lake is already over the high
    level and a yooooooge bunch of snow is melting in the mountains and coming our way so I may be stuck at home when it
    comes down. or I could get stuck elsewhere depending on the timing, so I'm just going to be ready for anything and not
    stress out over it. Water-wings on for safety!

Looking forward to exercising my conscious emotional awareness today after a nice mashed potato-induced meditation last night

Also looking forward to sleeping in on Sat!

wishing you all a fab day

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya folks ...mine never posted this morning!!!Ive just autorecoverd it..

mornin en bekay how ar yizall?wow doesnt time fly just seems like yesterday when I was last on here......oh yeh ..it was !:congratulatory:so how are we all ready for the weekend ?all ready for your easter eggs and bunnies?my rabbits are getting easter humans!!Julies dad has got an MRI scan...Sunday at 5 pm..easter sunday ..wow.tomorrow going digging ..and yup I will strap my back up ..heat lamp on it today too..

ok then lets have a brew...

Hiya Lav ...how are you doing?all good I hope ..glad the dogs are behaving themselves..are they red setters ?couldnt make them out ..either that or retrievers...so one extra large brew for you my dear....and thank you for the offer on seeds I might just take you up on that if its ok..hope your weekend is good...

hiya snoopster ...how are you today then?feeling any better?I hope so..anything going on this weekend with you?

hiya ppqp...you need to get back on your feet ..how are you today then?you feeling a bit more like a duracell battery ...or still the dollar store throwaways??have you got anything over the easter arranged..

yo pauly hows you this fine day...kids under the knife...the medical term for undergoing invasive surgery..:welldone: yes you are right you and the det man are very similar....

det ...where are yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo? get on board ..

hiya pie nora c sk sam the man tt and all the other good folks in the nbk...have a good un ...happy easter to yizall..

After many thousands of hours of research, a team of scientists at Loughborough University have finally managed to pinpoint the exact time of day a woman is likely to begin an argument. Any.

I went into the shop and asked for a packet off helicopter crisps he says sorry we only sell plane

A couple of years ago, one night, I was about to propose to my girlfriend when my roommate Joseph barged into the room out of nowhere, tripped and fell over, breaking a glass table with his face. Totally ruined the mood. Now, I didn't know Joseph THAT well, don't even remember where he was from, but let' just say I put my plans on hold to help him through his injuries.
      Joseph had gotten big glass shard in his eye, making him completely blind in that eye. He was walking around with one of those cotton pads on his eye for a couple of months. Then suddenly, he disappeared, along with my girlfriend
      Apparently they'd bonded during the time after his injuries, and eloped together , left me behind without as much as a note. I tried to track them down, but never could.
      In conclusion, if it hadn't been for cotton eye Joe, I'd have been married a long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from, cotton eye Joe?

My first stand up attempt was a disaster.
      Mum says I shouldn't worry as I was only ten months old at the time.

A guy is sitting at the bar when a skinhead comes in and kicks him in the head. "That was a karate kick from Japan!" He says. A few days later the skin head comes back and smacks the same guy on the back of his head saying "Thats a kung fu chop from China!!" The little guy gets fed up and leaves the bar. He comes back and hour later and smacks the skin head across the back of his head and says to the barman "Tell that d.ck when he wakes up that was a fcking crowbar from homebase!"

The wife is complaining that the tumble dryer is shrinking all of her clothes and asked me to get rid of it.
      I decided to cut out the middle man and get rid of the fridge instead.

My neighbour stuck her head over the fence and said 'Hey..how would you like to come over and do it to my big fat ass?'
      I said 'Eh..sure why not!!'
      She said 'Good..hes sitting on the couch asking for sex...im off to the pub'

Today I donated a watch, a phone and my wallet to a poor guy.You can't know the happiness I felt as I saw him put his knife back in his pocket.

I've been offered a part in a play. They want me to play a bloke who's been married for ten years, but really I wanted a speaking part.

Next time someone on Facebook changes their relationship status to 'It's complicated' type in underneath 'thanks for last night' and sit back and watch.

Just had a daft idiot knock on my door and the first thing he said was "Do you live here" so i told him "NO i just like burgling people's houses in my boxer shorts"

The teacher in Johnny's school asked the class what their mothers did for a living.
      One little girl said her mother was a doctor, another said her mother was an engineer.
      When it was Little Johnny's turn, he stood up and said "My mom's a whore."
      Naturally, after that remark, he got sent off to the principal's office. Then, 15 minutes later, he returned. So the teacher asked "Did you tell the principal what you said in class?"
      Johnny said "Yes"
      "Well, what did the principal say?"
      "He said that every job is important in our economy, gave me an apple and asked for my phone number."

My girlfriend found lipstick in my pocket, I told her straight away I was cheating on her, there was no fcking chance I was going to tell her that I was an Avon Rep.

Woke up to a blow job this morning.
      That's the last time I fall asleep with my mouth open on the train!

I put a claim in for industrial deafness, but I haven't heard anything yet...

I bought a self-help tape the other day.
      It was called "How to handle disappointment."
      When I opened the box, it was empty.

I've just been watching Family Fortunes and the question came up "We asked 100 people what they would do if it started snowing"
      I thought "tell everyone on facebook" would have been the top answer.......

Bad: Waking up and finding a penis drawn on your face.
      Worse: Finding out it was traced

I met this girl last night who was a right ugly git, I said "What's your name?"
      "Tuesday" she replied.
      I said, "That's a strange name."
      She said, "Yeah, when I was born my mum and dad looked in the cot and said, 'I think we'd better call it a day.'"
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Haha Mick,jokes just too darn funny! Wonder why they're scanning Julies dad on a Sunday? Kind of weird,went to two dollar stores today bought some Easter stuff, seeds,junk and more junk,I love those stores off to see my patients in a bit

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi folks. Sorry I am posting intermittent like but so busy at the moment and lots of catching up to do. It's great to see that you are taking care of yourself Det. Posting here is important for you, indeed all of us.
          I was thinking a wee bit about booze and my recent trip to the Islands. A year ago the sundowners 'regime' still brought back a longing for an end of the day glass of wine or G and T. (In reality I never stopped at one). This time I didn't even have that memory or longing. Nothing there. Maybe because I have gone through so much. Maybe it's the passage of time and the difference another year makes. In truth I was not around very boozy people so that would have helped too. I can't say it's because I am calmer or happier or content. In fact I am still depressed and prone to tears. But I do think the breaking of habits and memories can be possible for us addicts despite shit happening in our lives. One thing I did get lots of when I was away was good conversation and connection with people. That's important for me.
          Rambling thoughts but you never know.
          Be good all.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...job well done kicking us off today. Was glad to hear your visiting the kids today, means everything went ok.

Det...what a coincidence, I had mashed potatoes for supper last night too. Sadly though I was out of garlic. You are sounding much better, glad to see it.

Mick...my rabbits are getting easter humans!! :harhar: Love it! Feeling more like a duracell battery so definitely heading in the right direction. Only plans so far this weekend is bridge on Monday, looking forward to that. I am so happy to have this 4 day weekend. Another letter (package) arrived from the hell lawyer's lackie yesterday which really shook me up. Didn't open it and after sleeping on things decided I'm not going. Sending it back to them with a letter stating I'm not dealing with any of this till my lawyer phones. Got a feeling she's not calling because she knows she's in the wrong. Hence a much better day today. You be careful tomorrow.

TT...I like your attitude about breaking habits and memories, good for you. Hang in there, the prone to tears will pass, I know because I've been through it too.

Lav...yup, going to relax this weekend. Kids told me today the MIL wants to take us out to dinner sometime over the weekend. My first question, is A**hole going to be there. They said no but knowing him he'd just show up. So haven't made my mind up over that yet.

Trust me to do the grocery shopping on Easter Friday, along with 95% of the city's population. Oh well, job done and back home in my sweat pants. It doesn't look like the predicted snow is going to materialize so plan on getting in some outdoor time. Have a fabulous friday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ugh,me too at the grocery store PQ! Everyone in town was there it felt like haha,found a good deal on ham for Easter though so I bought 2

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Still have a few minutes left in the day to stop in & say hello.
                Hosted daughter & family for dinner & our first bonfire of the 2017 season - fun

Hi Pauly, thanks for starting us up this morning!
                There's a brand new Dollar Tree Store being built up in our local town, ha ha!

TT, tears are not really a bad thing. I think sometimes we need them to help clear the way for newer & better things.
                Glad you are checking in with us.

Det, the pile of wood on my deck is doing just fine, thanks for asking, ha ha!!!
                I'm keeping my mouth shut because I know the job will get done ~ eventually
                Glad you are sailing right along.

PQ, your MIL invited you out to dinner? Really??
                I think monkeys would have to fly before I accepted that invitation, ha ha! Sorry but I just would not put myself into a potentially shitty situation like that. Taking care of you is much more important at this point, right?

Mick, the only way to get an MRI done on a Sunday, let alone a holiday in the US would involve calling in the on-call tech & the cost would be astronomical. Insurance companies are not open on weekends to do the required pre-certs either. I hope your FIL is OK.
                Watch your back this weekend & enjoy the Easter holiday.

Greetings to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone peace tonight & always.
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening ABerdoooodlers!

Pauly, retail therapy can be fun indeed. score anything spiffy?

TTops, I love the rambling.. and even love more the wonderful transformation you are living.

Mick, are you digging tomorrow with the mental defector?

PPQ, first mashed potatoes and now sweat pants. we are certainly on the same tune

sure nice to have the weekend on hand. Had a good, calmer day and can't really complain except my hands hurt in the mornings.
                  It's a very hand-intensive job so I need to get some curcumin anti-inflammatory and see if that helps.

Lav, my therapist on Tue was talking about the 2 kinds of tears our body produces. The first is due to an irritant and the 2nd is due to grief. The latter
                  is a different chemistry and concurrent with the brain triggering dopamine 'happy' chemicals to assist us in feeling better. Tears really do heal. Neato!

Off for recreational shooting with a sober buddy in the morn and then lunch. Sunday it's lunch/BBQ with another sober friend. Good to pry my
                  buttocks out of the house like this.

hoping the sandman sends you all to wonderful sleep and peaceful dreams.

gnight loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X