its the sun day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the sun day

moen all ..wow shortage here yustaday...howz weall ? hope asign of no posts is a good one and everbody is too busy with life to be drinking...weather obver here has been pouring down ..stopped n ow so get into the garden for a bit ..the rabbits are facing each other in their hutches about 150.342 mm apart thatsa ruff estimate..this is as far as we go for about a week now ,,just let them really get used to each other ,,swopping bedding etc..then probably tho not dependat on time move on to next stage,

ok brew time enuff of me yakking ...dentist toosdi and will I be glad...

hiya sam the man how are you mate long time no see ...how are you ?still doing the toonz?and soil conservation?great to see you again my friend.

hiya Lav...hows you then?hope all is well ..rain stopped enuff to get into the garden?went up to my friends farm yesterday ..they have just got a baby pigmy goat..its about the size of jeeves..was born 3 days ago..we start ..well I start wednesday digging out the stable block..loooking forward to a bit of hard work..
    those paint fumes banjoed me ..wow..but the result was worth it ..hows grandsons doing?

hiya det ..how are you doing?ok hopefully ...you out today?

hi ppqp tt sf ,sk Nora c pauly pie and everyone else who frequents these dodgy premises

hiya good morning ppqp,
    have you see the great tt,
    dont really know what to say,
    havent seen sf or sk

Hey Nora C pauly and pie,
    no ones here I wonder why,
    It will come right Im sure thats true,
    have a great day ...all of you

set myself a wee challenge ..to get all those names into a rhyme!!done it

My mate just asked me, "If you were stuck on a desert island, and you could have 3 records, what would they be?"
    I said, "The long distance swimming one would be good!"

I saw a neighbour jogging yesterday and thought, "Wow, finally she's decided to do something about her fat arse." Then I realised she was running after the ice-cream van.

Statistically...

137% of people over exaggerate.

Went for a job as a potato packer..

Ended up getting the sack.

Knock knock.

"Who's there?"

"Dejav."

"Dejav who?"

Knock knock.

I wanted to be a doctor but I didn't have the patients.

I wanted to work in a bank, but I lost interest.

Got the missus a new bag and a new belt for her birthday.

She'll be made up!

The hoovers as good as new now.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: its the sun day

Great jokes Mick! Celebrating Mother's Day today and thinking of my own mother and missing her!

Sam, nice to hear from you, sounds like you are doing well.

Det, low key is OK, I had a day like that yesterday too. Calling your mother will be lovely, take care and keep moving forward.

Have a good AF Mother's Day to all.

Comment

Mae everybody, Happy mother's day to all the moms Mick,jokes were funny thank you,much love to all and I hope we all have a super AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Mick and Snoop...and Pauly

Where did yesterday go? Spent the day outdoors with a trip to Banff National Park wandering the hiking trails. A little stiff and sore today but feeling rejuvenated.
        Happy Mom's Day to all and have a Super Sunday....:smile:PPQP
        Last edited by porqoui; May 14, 2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hi there everyone. Yes it's Mother's Day and a happy day to all Mums.
          I had a dream last night that reminded me of my Mum and how her death affected me. She had been sick all of my life with heart and kidney disease and so I was used to her having heart attacks and being ill. Not used to it but that was what it was. The night before she died about 21 years ago my sister rang and told me Mum had gone unconscious and was taken to hospital. But they lived over 3 hours drive away and because I was drinking I couldn't drive. I had to wait to the morning. When I arrived at the hospital Mum had died an hour before. I saw her dead body still in the bed. I felt so guilty and ashamed that I wasn't with her in her last moments. And the reason was because of my drinking. She would have been unconscious but that doesn't matter. Anyway I hope I am resigned now to what happened but it does still bother me. Not your usual Mother's Day story.
          Peace to all.

Comment

Aw...TT...but you did get there. What a powerful memory to keep with you as you travel through your new AF life. :hug:

Comment

I'm sorry TT,thats really sad
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Mothers Day ABerooos,

TTops, XXXXXXX my dear.

Mick, with the rabbits barely 15cm apart I'm sure they'll come to some kind of resolution shortly.

quiet day again, helping Dx get moved out and rearranging things in the house. The process makes me sad to
                see things missing and moved but it is what it is I spose and just dealing with it.

Did speak to me mum today which is good and glad she is ok and having dinner with friends.

I tried soaking and cooking some old dry beans but they never got tender, so starting my chili all over again it seems. agh!

anyhoo, wishing you all well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello friends.

TT - hard memory :hug:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Late check in but I am here
                    I had a very quiet Mother's day, but that's OK. The sun was out & it's starting to warm up a little, yay!

Mick, good to hear you are geting your tooth repaired/replaced Tuesday. I hope you take it easy & don't break your back this week & don't get your head sunburned either!!!!

Hello to SnoopStar, pauly & PQ.
                    Det, I sometimes think beans are already too old when we buy them. I am going to look for a better source, supermarket beans are not fabulous.
                    I made a vegan wholegrain pasta with a creamy mushroom tomato sauce today - it had 4 cloves of our homegrown garlic in it, wow!!!! No vampires will come looking for me tonight! I'm sure it's hard seeing Dx pack up but please be kind to yourself, OK?

TT, I've been thinking about my Mom all day too. I stood over her in the hospital as she took her final breath, it has haunted me for these past 30 years. Whether we are physically there when they pass or not probably doesn't change much. I am pretty sure my Mom was not aware of my presence. I like to think that they knew they were loved :hug:

Hi Nora!
                    Hello to the rest of the crowd, have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you TT for sharing that memory. The memories that alcohol leaves us with that never really go away, just tucked away to make us feel the shame or guilt again.

I happened to see a pharma ad today tagged with all its side effects. Makes me wonder how alcohol slides by without having a tag of all its possible side effects. People laugh and joke "wow I'd never take that"...yet, unwittingly drink and celebrate alochol which has ALL those exact side effects.

Det-I am sorry you are going through all this. Is all this final? Is her mind made up? Or are you guys taking a break?

A friend of mine has a daughter that went in for her last cancer screen (she is 18 and graduating next week)---this was to be her last one--cancer free for 5 years. Except they found the cancer returned and it is such a rare case that no doctor will take the case. Not even St. Jude's. She most likely will not survive very long. Sometimes you get hit with reminders--that you really don't have any problems at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X