Paulysville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulysville

Figured I'd start a new personal thread,didnt want to revive my old,depressingo one,need a clean slate and a place to let my thoughts run free.On day 11 after a shitty,horrendous bender, I still feel foggy but could be my allergies flaring,anyways here goes
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Re: Paulysville

Sometimes I just need a place to write and nobody is on the other threads I follow and I feel dumb rambling so I'll ramble here Today was a weird feeling,windy day,slow at work but I made it through, trying to cut back in stupid cigarettes again so I downloaded the app I use to keep track,funny cuz the more I think about not smoking,, the more I want one! Kelly's trying to quit to and she feels the same way,plus she told her boyfriend she's trying to quit so of course every time she goes out for one he's on her,I told her its the same when you're trying to lose weight and you tell people around you then every time they see you eat they comment on what you're eating grrr

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ramble on Pauly!

Congrats on 11 days. That's huge and not to be underestimated in my book. You raawk my friend! :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks Mr.G

Comment

Have to agree with Mr G........... 11 days is fabulous....... Pauly. I spent too many years never getting a day one.

Oh and love the name of your thread, Paulysville...........sounds like it should be on Netflix.
          Last edited by JackieClaire; May 15, 2017, 06:28 PM.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Pauly, firstly well done on day 11. I, like you, have been here a while and had so many attempts to make every quit my last. I also started my own diary back in Jan and have found it a help in writing down my thoughts exactly as I am feeling and without censure. It helps for me to read back sometimes and see how far I have come, something just clicked this time, dog knows it was a long time coming but I am done. I admire your never giving up, stick at it, you can do this too.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Welcome home Pauly, there's no looking back now eh!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi, Pauly!

So glad you're here, with a clean slate. 11 is a nice double digit and there's only upward and onward. Babble away - I'll chime in from time to time!

xo
                Pav

Comment

Oh Pauly, this is just AWESOME xoxo
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Ramble away Pauly. You are much loved here and we're all behind you. :hug:
                    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Nice job on putting 11 days behind you [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Amusing factoid - in kabalistic numerology 11 is the number associated with initiation and 12 with the voice of god. lol Ramble on lass. :hug:

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Good to see a new start and a fresh thread for you. 11 is a great number, it's the day of my birthday (not for a while). I will be keeping my eagle eye on you even when I return home. No more next times!

Comment

Thanks everybody,Netflix Jackie? Hmm that would be a train wreck of a show haha,people would never imagine me sitting on the couch drinking homeless people beer(thats what hubs calls it) I look like a wine drinker people have said,they think that I drink a few glasses and so I think I'm an alcoholic, no,I've only touched wine once and it was only cuz I desperately needed a hair of the dog and Michelle had left some Moscato in the fridge,feeling sick these past few days,not sure if its withdraw related or if I caught Louie's stomach bug,hopefully its the latter but I noticed it never fails that if I drink a lot I ALWAYS catch some kind of cold,also having tenderness in the liver area that I've had before but it passed eventually, time to wake up.

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you can shift up a bit on that couch, I could be the mad Aunt from England.
                            A lot of people thought I was a wine snob because I worked in a wine merchant selling posh bottles of wine and champagne......... Nothing could be further from the truth.....it was the cheapest vodka from the corner shops and wine that came in 3ltr boxes.

Give yourself time, love, you're doing the right thing.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It's funny that you posted that song [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], because as soon as someone said ramble on, that song started rolling through my head.
                              Ramble on [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]
                              Last edited by Mr Vervill; May 17, 2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X